Toast James Sicily - Hawthorn captain 2023 - AA 2023!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee Sic. Really poor look given how much Tassie has pumped into the Hawks over the last years. Wouldn't be surprised if Gowers got a please explain.

Our sponsorship is for Tasmanian tourism, not move to Hobart.

Only have to look at the states demographics to see that he is correct. It is a state with more older people than any other state

The median age was 42 years in both 2016 and 2021. The Australian median age was 38 years in 2021.

Isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed. You listen to Darcy Moore yesterday and then listen to Sicily today and the difference is beyond a joke.

Lol you can’t be comparing the two 😂. I’m sure if you have Sicily the mic on the same stage as Darcy yesterday he would do a fine job, probably not to the same standard to be fair. Who really wants to hear brainwashed footy robot talk anyways. It’s been refreshing hearing him just be his total self

Only have to look at the states demographics to see that he is correct. It is a state with more older people than any other state
Good chance in the next 25 - 30 years more people will relocate to Tassie to take advantage of the fresh air, carbon neutral economy and relatively cooler climes.

Our sponsorship is for Tasmanian tourism, not move to Hobart.
Thought the same thing. Mountain > mole hill.

Hats off to anyone who lives in Hobart, but Sic is right there’s no nightlife there for young blokes, in comparison to other cities.
Last time I was there, the place was dead on a Friday night, pubs putting chairs on tables by 8:30.

Lol you can’t be comparing the two 😂. I’m sure if you have Sicily the mic on the same stage as Darcy yesterday he would do a fine job, probably not to the same standard to be fair. Who really wants to hear brainwashed footy robot talk anyways. It’s been refreshing hearing him just be his total self
I dunno….

Our major sponsor probably wants the club captain not to denigrate
…….the major sponsor.

Thought the same thing. Mountain > mole hill.

Hats off to anyone who lives in Hobart, but Sic is right there’s no nightlife there for young blokes, in comparison to other cities.
Last time I was there, the place was dead on a Friday night, pubs putting chairs on tables by 8:30.
Best footy trip I ever had was to Hobart. Friday night kicked on into Saturday which kicked on to Sunday. Ridiculous suggestion.

Best footy trip I ever had was to Hobart. Friday night kicked on into Saturday which kicked on to Sunday. Ridiculous suggestion.
Had the pub to yourselves?

I dunno….

Our major sponsor probably wants the club captain not to denigrate
…….the major sponsor.

There’s no denying for sponsorship reasons probs shouldn’t have said it but I just find it funny the fact we’re caning someone for saying what everyone is thinking.

I didn’t think it was that deep anyways tbh anyone that follows Sic on Insta knows he’s in Tassie playing golf regularly anyways

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is missing the point though isn't he

In saying that it isn't that big a deal, just no great coming from the club captain.
No, I don’t think he’s missing the point.

Sicily spoke specifically about himself as a young bloke, and not wanting to live there.

Last edited:
No, I don’t think he’s missing the point.

Sicily spoke specifically about himself as a young bloke, and not wanting to live their.
He spoke broadly about thinking young people won't want to live their, not just himself and again he can think what he pleases.

However a captain of a club that rakes in millions each year dissing the state that is trying to get it's foot in the door is a bit of a slap in the face.

He spoke broadly about thinking young people won't want to live their, not just himself and again he can think what he pleases.

However a captain of a club that rakes in millions each year dissing the state that is trying to get it's foot in the door is a bit of a slap in the face.
Come on now, he didn’t diss the state.

He said that there’s not much happening there(Hobart) and he couldn’t imagine living there himself as a young fella.

Come on now, he didn’t diss the state.

He said that there’s not much happening there(Hobart) and he couldn’t imagine living there himself as a young fella.
Like i said i don't think it is a big deal but i think Peter Ryans tweet is intentionally misleading.

Sicily could say he would hate to live in Adelaide, but they aren't a major sponsor of the club. That is why the club clearly felt the need for a silly PR apology. It really should blow over and be forgotten about in 24 hours, but knowing the AFL media it won't be.

I don't think it is unfair for the state government to be slightly miffed having that come from the club captain that they have been in partnership for over a decade when they are in the final stages of pushing for an AFL team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back