Universal Love Jasper "The Banana" Pittard Bandwagon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper is a gun. Anyone who says otherwise has not got the ability to analyze the cause and effect of elements of the game as well as the results of his play.

for me jasper looks bad when our players stop running and leading. he takes the game on and when we are stationary, he gets caught out with no one to dispose to.

when we give him options, he plays and looks good...................and we win

Jasper is actually a very good grab overhead. The frustration with him is his tendency to hold on too long, or try to do too much. It's a love hate relationship and it will be for his entire career. Just got to take the good with the bad with this guy

Jasper is actually a very good grab overhead. The frustration with him is his tendency to hold on too long, or try to do too much. It's a love hate relationship and it will be for his entire career. Just got to take the good with the bad with this guy

I didn't realise this was a point of controversy.

Yes.

Sometimes I just wish he'd #bemorebroadbent and hit a relieving/penetrating kick first time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find that Jasper will always take the game on and when it looks awful is when players up the ground aren't working hard to present him with multiple options.

Not saying it's never his fault... He definitely has and will continue to have Jasper moments. But I think he cops a lot of blame in situations where he might not deserve it.

Jasper provides a lot of run from the back. The things most people see and remember will naturally be his runs through traffic but a lot more of his possession comes by sweeping wide to provide a target for the other defenders. He was often on the other side of the defence when someone like Hombsch or Jonas had the ball in the back pocket, and this meant that they did not have to bomb the ball down the line and risk it coming back faster when they were out of position.

He was F****** brilliant friday night, great composure and the best game disposal wise I've ever seen from him.

Haters gonna hate but if you can't see the value of pumping every game possible into this bloke you know SFA about the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back