Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the ziebell crap.
That blokes talked up as much as anyone and hardly delivers.
Between him and Wells North have two of the most overrated players in the league.
I have no idea but his power bursting out and swinging it onto a solid left peg reminded me of this guy below. don't take it out of context though.

Last edited:

So I watched the higlights, and there are definitely some positives there.

For his size, he can take a mark.

His ability to just burst when he touches the ball is Swanny-like, and it exudes confidence.

His left foot is pretty amazing.

Still too early but happy with what I saw.

Jordan 'I won't let you down' De Goey. Fighting words from the kid on the night he was drafted.

I loved his attitude in saying that, and hoped it wasn't just bravado. His NAB cup game was a great start, but a long way to go.

One thing's for sure, he showed hardness at the ball, lack of fear, confidence in his abilities - all qualities to endear him to Pies fans.

Good little highlights package, loved the marks on the lead up. That ability might get him games earlier than normal as he will be able to play forward and not be a liability.

Gotta say i was a little bit meh on his drafting, but really liked him the other night

I liked the lead up mark + goal

(Plus his tackling work on the other side of the ground in the 5 min previously)

We don't have a lot of players with genuine centre break ability (have players who can do it as an oddity rather then genuine part of their games) and it's something I feel our team was lacking hopefully JDG can bring it regularly to be considered one.

Jordan 'I won't let you down' De Goey. Fighting words from the kid on the night he was drafted.

I loved his attitude in saying that, and hoped it wasn't just bravado. His NAB cup game was a great start, but a long way to go.

One thing's for sure, he showed hardness at the ball, lack of fear, confidence in his abilities - all qualities to endear him to Pies fans.
If we didn't know he was a first year player you would be forgiven if when watching him, you thought he had been in the system for 3 or 4 years

So I watched the higlights, and there are definitely some positives there.

For his size, he can take a mark.

His ability to just burst when he touches the ball is Swanny-like, and it exudes confidence.

His left foot is pretty amazing.

Still too early but happy with what I saw.

They missed his best tackle which was late in the 1st quarter.

I'm not passing judgment - I'm just pointing out that Ziebell is over-aggressive, if anything, in response to the suggestion that De Goey is more aggressive than Ziebell.

I don't know how to reiterate this better with words, so I made a Venn diagram:

AOp4Juy.jpg

Yeah I know they go hand in hand but I don't see him as an aggressive player who backs it up contest to contest incident to incident. His is almost try hard not controlled.

As I said I only watch norf about 5 or so games a season and in those I haven't really noticed his aggression being overt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's just readying people for when Blair is named in the 22 and JDG is named as an emergency!

Well Blair is a Buck Favourite so that is a Chance. Though De Goey is a better player then Blair.

Do People happy know with this pick after people thought we should of pick Laverde

Nice to see a genuine young mid with a footy brain. He's a bit of an all rounder as a mid which is perfect for our midfield group. Not too outside , not too inside. Has hardness , can take a contested grab

I think I read somewhere he is a Pies supporter as well?

Being a SKC boy already makes him a hero in my book, but if he grew up as a Pies supporter how great is that!!!

I think I read somewhere he is a Pies supporter as well?

Being a SKC boy already makes him a hero in my book, but if he grew up as a Pies supporter how great is that!!!

He was a Bombers Fan because his Dad played u-19 and Reserve Footy for them

When we drafted de Goey I thought he looked a solid player that we'd have to be patient with before he becomes a senior player but I was honestly shocked at how comfortable he looked with the pace and physicality of playing against men. I think he is easily up for 8-10 games this season, maybe more.

An aggressive player able to burst from packs with poise and possessing the ability to kick accurately off either side is exactly what we are crying out for, he certainly looks a player.

He's just readying people for when Blair is named in the 22 and JDG is named as an emergency!

I think there is every chance this will happen and the reactions from some will be priceless.

I suspect he will not get a game round 1 regardless of how good he goes in the preseason. I think a concervative approach will be taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back