Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is every chance this will happen and the reactions from some will be priceless.

I suspect he will not get a game round 1 regardless of how good he goes in the preseason. I think a concervative approach will be taken.
That would be the stupidest thing they could possibly do imo. If the kid does everything right, plays well enough to be considered best 22 and is overlooked based on some twisted reasoning of runs on the board etc, what does that tell everyone competing for a senior berth?
"Hey guys you're playing better than our more established boys, but they had a few good games 12 months ago so you're still in the twos!"

That's not conservative, that's idiocy. If you have a talented kid who's comfortable at senior level and is already arguably performing better than an established player, you pump games in to them in the seniors. The more experience he gets, the better he'll get.

I think there is every chance this will happen and the reactions from some will be priceless.

I suspect he will not get a game round 1 regardless of how good he goes in the preseason. I think a concervative approach will be taken.
No they wont, the club firmly knows where we're at. Fast tracking our young players is what's most important for us this year.

Last edited:

Why? :drunk:
If he deserves it. They'll play him IMO.

It is a long season and hopefully long career. If the club does not think it is right that he plays round 1 I will be happy with that. They know him better than any of us. We still have plenty of other players we need to get games into: Broomhead, Patty K, Kennedy, Adams, Freeman, Crisp.

I suspect they will go with these players before JDG. Bit more mature physically and more likely to be able to run out what is one of the hardest games of the season.

While I would like to see him get a run to see how he goes, I will not be bleating if he is overlooked at this point in his career.

It is a long season and hopefully long career. If the club does not think it is right that he plays round 1 I will be happy with that. They know him better than any of us. We still have plenty of other players we need to get games into: Broomhead, Patty K, Kennedy, Adams, Freeman, Crisp.

I suspect they will go with these players before JDG. Bit more mature physically and more likely to be able to run out what is one of the hardest games of the season.

While I would like to see him get a run to see how he goes, I will not be bleating if he is overlooked at this point in his career.
You should bleat if he continues his NAB form and is overlooked in favour of a player like Blair.
Any of those other names would be ok. All have more talent than the pint sized one.

You should bleat if he continues his NAB form and is overlooked in favour of a player like Blair.
Any of those other names would be ok. All have more talent than the pint sized one.

I would be disappointed if Blair was best 22 by mid year but would begrudgingly accept his inclusion in round 1 if that turned out to be the case. I suspect the match committee will be trying to balance a range of issues including player turnover. They may want to limit the number of new faces come round one.

I hope Blair is not there come round 1, but accept a range of factors go in to team selections. If Faz and Patty K are selected they may go for Blair because his hard nosed approach to every contest compliments their flair.

He was a Bombers Fan because his Dad played u-19 and Reserve Footy for them
Sidebottoms whole family were Bombers supporters, as was he.
But now he is a Collingwood Captain with a 100% win record!
His mum asked me Thursday arvo if I was going to watch the game.
Like her though, I have no Foxtel. Hope he can organise a copy of the game for her.
Oh, and I'm still not in a position to ask if she still follows the druggies.
But I might throw it out there next time I see her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bartel comparison looks pretty apt so far
Yeh jimmy but also has abit of - Jason Akermanis with the power and solid left peg. I wonder what playing weight he will end up being????
You could pick a hand full of names who people think he plays like, Lenny Hayes, Simon Black, Jimmy-B etc

Sidebottoms whole family were Bombers supporters, as was he.
But now he is a Collingwood Captain with a 100% win record!
His mum asked me Thursday arvo if I was going to watch the game.
Like her though, I have no Foxtel. Hope he can organise a copy of the game for her.
Oh, and I'm still not in a position to ask if she still follows the druggies.
But I might throw it out there next time I see her.

What club the Players play for is who they are 100% With

This kid looks very very exciting. Last time I saw that sort of immediacy in a kid we recruited (by immediacy, I mean the fact that he can play seniors basically straight away) was Scott Embelry. You know that dude that won the Norm Smith in 2010?

This kid looks very very exciting. Last time I saw that sort of immediacy in a kid we recruited (by immediacy, I mean the fact that he can play seniors basically straight away) was Scott Embelry. You know that dude that won the Norm Smith in 2010?
Jesus he was a good player that embelry bloke.

1 Game 1 Norm Smith

Tragedy he hasn't been seen since :(

The set shot was about the only thing he did on the right-side of his body.

I'm just rapt he nailed it with ease, and from a decent distance too. So damn good to see a kid just back himself and without hesitation, put it through.

He WANTED that ball and he wanted to be taking that shot. Cloke would do well to spend more time around this kid and get a lesson in confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back