Kane Cornes 24 and under list

Remove this Banner Ad

It was confirmed it wasn’t just this year.
Kane referenced last year.
Even just this year AB appears to be off compared to last year but his impact is still similar to Warner and rozee 2023 seasons

i mean he was AA and literally MVP of the league last year. if its including last year then Brayshaw is in the top 2 at the very least.

Honestly, I would have Noah Anderson at number one. Unbelievable player and underrated because he was/is always under the shadow of Matt Rowell.
Cornes discussed on SEN and said he may well be tracking towards being the best player in the game
LOL @ no Shai Bolton.
Cornes did discuss Bolton and how highly he rates him. He Bolton and Diacos off as he went with Bolton as a fwd and Diacos as a defender. He wanted to stick to pure midfielders

It's crazy how you guys aren't undefeated when every one of your players are the greatest at everything!
Lame. How many of those other guys are All Australian? Walsh and Rozee?
he'd dominate the 'top 10 one way running downhill skiers', followed closely by Zac Fisher
LOL at even having Zac Fisher and Bolton in the same conversation. Nice troll, missed you Juddernaut.
He wasn’t classified as a midfielder neither daicos
Fair enough, I missed the note below the article and just saw Bolton was in the Champion Data top 10.

No Brayshaw is a bit of a laugh tbh but it's Kornes so it's not worth getting annoyed about. He's a shock jock who makes deliberately bad takes to create a bit of buzz, it is what it is.
Agreed it makes no sense to have Walsh at number 1 and Brayshaw not even in the top 10.

LDU is not consistent enough.
Tom Green should be higher. Absolute gun. He and Greene keeping that side within arms reach of the eight.

LDU has consistently improved every year in the system. He has again improved this year, even with a couple of injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So much recency bias in these stupid lists.
Cornes is one of the worst for these dumb takes.
Brayshaw literally voted best PLAYER in the league last year by his peers. Not best midfielder, or best u24 player. Best PLAYER.
Yet he can’t make cornes stupid list 😂😂😂😂

Ps - he got the 3 votes last night too I’m certain of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So while supporters can certainly overrate their own players, can we show some fanbase-wide recognition to Jai Newcombe who is the only player on this list not taken in the first round of a national draft (or tied to an academy in Gulden's case).

From Poowong to Box Hill to the top 4 of this list in the space of 2 and a half seasons of football. It's a genuinely great footy story.

So while supporters can certainly overrate their own players, can we show some fanbase-wide recognition to Jai Newcombe who is the only player on this list not taken in the first round of a national draft (or tied to an academy in Gulden's case).

From Poowong to Box Hill to the top 4 of this list in the space of 2 and a half seasons of football. It's a genuinely great footy story.
You want this guy in your club absolute heart and soul player.

10- Serong
9- B Smith
8- Green
7- Butters
6- Warner
5- Gulden
4- Davies Uniacke
3- Anderson
2- Rozee
1- Walsh

This is kornes list and not bad I think Brayshaw should be a top 5 he was AFLMVP last year and I think a couple of best and fairest and an All Australian.

Mine would be in this order

10-W Day
9- Rowell
8-Warner
7-Butters
6- Serong
5- Walsh
4-Green
3-Brayshaw
2-Anderson
1- Rozee
This is from May where do people have it now?
Butters Serong the strong movers I would say.

Doing the common thing and spruiking for my own but Newcombe is underrated.

Top 5 in the AFL player ratings above. Top 20 in all the AFL for contested possessions, clearances and inside 50's (and a recent article suggesting he is the 2nd best user putting the ball inside 50 in the AFL). Most of these lists don't have him top 10.

The big movers this year are: Butters, Gulden, Serong and Cerra.

Anderson, Rowell, Green and Warner have all improved too.

Daicos has moved to the middle in recent weeks and is having an incredible year so I'd expect him to rocket up these lists if the move is more permanent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back