Scandal Karmichael Hunt admits purchasing cocaine for GCS players - Suns commence investigation into claims

Remove this Banner Ad

Making Hunt the scapegoat for illicit drug use in the AFL is ridiculous, it existed before he got there and it will exist after he left. They are wealthy young men with status, free time and risk taking personalities that come with being footballers, it was naive to think the AFL didn't have the same issues the NRL did earlier this year with the Titans, just as it is naive now to think the Suns are much worse than any other club. The issue needs to be treated with a little more respect & maturity then to reduce it to isolated incidents involving one or two 'bad seeds'.

Why shouldn't he be the scapegoat, he was the guy who bought the drugs, he was the senior player and was expected to take much younger impressionable charges under his wing, in fact that was what he was contracted for.

It is possible the young players had been exposed to drugs previous to being drafted but seriously a senior so called respected player such as Hunt buying and using drugs sends out a very bad sign, if he had not used drugs perhaps that could/would and should have rubbed off on younger impressionable players.

The guy was a fake.

I'm not going to scroll back and read comments but it was well known/rumoured in rugby circles that KH was on the gear long before GWS even existed.

ASADA do the 6am tests, they don't just test on match day, just ask the Collingwood boys. Getting tested at that time in the morning is part of the price you pay for competing as an elite athlete, don't like then find another job.

It is also worth noting that 3 non-attendances for ASADA/WADA drug testing inside a 12 month period means an automatic 12 month ban (but willing to be the AFL wouldn't enforce that). Currently there are about 5 or 6 GWS players who have a mark against their names because they had not properly informed the relevant AFL bodies of a change of address, so testers turned up at the wrong addresses.

Dafuq you say?

Dafuq you say?
Sorry was only 4 players, GWS got fined $10k for it too. The mark gets cleared after 12 months and you'd actually be surprised how many athletes it actually happens to over the course of a year. It was an administrative screw up by GWS, that's all but if it is fixed then it is nothing to worry about and the mark is cleared after 12 months. There is no suggestion of wrong doing, just that having the 6am tests is part of professional sport today.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...g-wrong-player-addresses-20150327-1m9nax.html

I believe that Richmond also copped a fine over a player too, so you're not alone.

I'm not going to scroll back and read comments but it was well known/rumoured in rugby circles that KH was on the gear long before GWS even existed.
So if this is true again we have to call in fat Andy's judgement again
If this is the case then Fat Andy's judgement has to be called in yet again.

Sorry was only 4 players, GWS got fined $10k for it too. The mark gets cleared after 12 months and you'd actually be surprised how many athletes it actually happens to over the course of a year. It was an administrative screw up by GWS, that's all but if it is fixed then it is nothing to worry about and the mark is cleared after 12 months. There is no suggestion of wrong doing, just that having the 6am tests is part of professional sport today.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...g-wrong-player-addresses-20150327-1m9nax.html

I believe that Richmond also copped a fine over a player too, so you're not alone.
Had me pooing my pants for a second!

I do a lot of medic work with various sports AFL, SARU,Cricket Australia etc etc and drug use has been going on since the beginning. It's easier for players to use most class A drugs as it passes through the body quicker, especially coke, than say smoking a joint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually don't think it is that rife in NRL. No 3 strikes policy there.

Do they test for illicit drugs in the off season like the AFL do ?.

Don't they have or used to have a 2 strikes policy ?.

The AFL policy includes annual public reporting of results. They don’t name and shame. However – every year the AFL has the spotlight shone on them when the results come out and generally a whole lot of media and public ignorance bubbles back to the surface.

The NRL don’t report their results. Actually – the NRL allows clubs to run the testing in-house as well. Compare to the AFL who contract it out to Dorevitch pathology. So – I’m not too sure which program you would push forward as best practice??

The AFL policy includes annual public reporting of results. They don’t name and shame. However – every year the AFL has the spotlight shone on them when the results come out and generally a whole lot of media and public ignorance bubbles back to the surface.

The NRL don’t report their results. Actually – the NRL allows clubs to run the testing in-house as well. Compare to the AFL who contract it out to Dorevitch pathology. So – I’m not too sure which program you would push forward as best practice??
Wrong bloke to argue drugs with mate.

I reckon they should be legal. So my preference would be the 3 strikes policy.

I think that the in-house NRL tests have to be reported to ASADA. Sydney media always talks about the lax drug code in the AFL.

Might be wrong.

Wrong bloke to argue drugs with mate.

I reckon they should be legal. So my preference would be the 3 strikes policy.

I think that the in-house NRL tests have to be reported to ASADA. Sydney media always talks about the lax drug code in the AFL.

Might be wrong.

there is so much spin put on it, it is actually hard to get to the bottom of it, not arguing because i might be wrong :)

I just heard this on the news

Reporter: Hunt remains adamant that he did not snitch on teammates to protect himself
Hunt: The police forced me to talk, or else I would be looking at jail time

Looks pretty much like he did everything possible to protect himself and snitch on his teammates

Reporter: Hunt remains adamant that he did not snitch on teammates to protect himself

Looks pretty much like he did everything possible to protect himself and snitch on his teammates
In certain circles you would get whacked for doing what KH did.

And clubs do in house tests correctly. You wouldn't see this punishment in AFL http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...r-manipulating-drug-test-20150513-gh14fi.html

He is just trying to cover his arse, he wasn't doing jail time unless he was caught with a fair amount on him that was deemed more than possession. Then it becomes intent to sell or supply. Even then first offenders rarely do time

He sold out his mates and will live with it the rest of his life, Dog act.

He is just trying to cover his arse, he wasn't doing jail time unless he was caught with a fair amount on him that was deemed more than possession. Then it becomes intent to sell or supply. Even then first offenders rarely do time

He sold out his mates and will live with it the rest of his life, Dog act.
Is this true though?

Don't the crime commission have coercive powers.

You have no right to silence and to avoid self incrimination, likewise, lying to the commission is a serious offence that can carry hefty jail time similar to perjury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back