Universal Love Keith Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

There was just a story on Today Tonight about the Academy and their trip to Alice Springs. Hopefully we can get it loaded on here for all to see.

They then reported that the AFL have put a stop to their planned game at Traeger Park before our clash with Melbourne.

Because...?

What were they thinking, playing football on a football oval before a senior game? Where in the history of the football has that ever happened before?

Is there any way we can blame Trigg? Has anyone asked Mick Malthouse his opinion?

What were they thinking, playing football on a football oval before a senior game? Where in the history of the football has that ever happened before?

Is there any way we can blame Trigg? Has anyone asked Mick Malthouse his opinion?
Mick would say it was a cunning plan by the AFL that commenced 18 months ago

Not sure if this is relevant but at the Richmond game a supporter near me was calling out 911 when one of the Richmond players had the ball. Whilst nothing occurred, anyone of that racial orientation may have reacted aggresively upon hearing the slurs.
I am anti-PC and within a known environment I would say a lot that would offend others (my attempt at not taking the high road).
I didn't say anything to said person but wondering others thoughts and experiences on this type of behaviour.
Happy to receive a smack down if this is a soft post.

Not sure if this is relevant but at the Richmond game a supporter near me was calling out 911 when one of the Richmond players had the ball. Whilst nothing occurred, anyone of that racial orientation may have reacted aggresively upon hearing the slurs.
I am anti-PC and within a known environment I would say a lot that would offend others (my attempt at not taking the high road).
I didn't say anything to said person but wondering others thoughts and experiences on this type of behaviour.
Happy to receive a smack down if this is a soft post.

Maybe that particular player drives a Porsche?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this is relevant but at the Richmond game a supporter near me was calling out 911

Don't they know it's a joke?

Public_Enemy_911_Is_A_Joke.jpg

KTs press release today was a mistake. The problem is when you live in the world of PC Corporate speak is that you cannot help yourself even when you don't need to comment.

KTs press release today was a mistake. The problem is when you live in the world of PC Corporate speak is that you cannot help yourself even when you don't need to comment.
I think it was right that he put out the letter. He set the record straight that ALL teams have such supporters but that we need to weed out the louts. His communication skills are outstanding. We truly have the best CEO in the AFL.

I believe it warranted public acknowledgment from the club and I like that response. In one letter he recognises that we need to continue to stamp out poor behaviour, calls to attention that our issues are no worse than elsewhere and gives a clear nod to the fact that we are being poorly treated by the media on this front. All of this while appealing to us to help him and the club out on this matter rather than getting all authoritarian and condescending. Well played KT.

The only issue I have with the statement is the whole "he wasn't even a Port supporter" thing - unfortunately there seems to be a lot of pictures floating around that indicate the idiot who just about got what he deserved from Clarkson is a supporter even if he's not a member

The only issue I have with the statement is the whole "he wasn't even a Port supporter" thing - unfortunately there seems to be a lot of pictures floating around that indicate the idiot who just about got what he deserved from Clarkson is a supporter even if he's not a member
Completely agree. Given that the incident didn't even occur at Adelaide Oval, there is not a lot more the club could have done to prevent it from happening.

He is a Geelong supporter living down southern suburbs, was in town pissed with his mates and became obnoxious and accosted Clarko by saying go the team that just beat yours.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-a-hawk-at-heart/story-fnii00l5-1227326244720

244272-252e831a-ed95-11e4-b2ab-57dfa37cc8ba.jpg

and

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...r-security-guard/story-fnii00l5-1227332120272
Mr Helps, a Geelong supporter, will be called before the board of the Hackham Hawks, which plays in the Southern Football League under the same colours as Hawthorn.

He is a Geelong supporter living down southern suburbs, was in town pissed with his mates and became obnoxious and accosted Clarko by saying go the team that just beat yours.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-a-hawk-at-heart/story-fnii00l5-1227326244720

244272-252e831a-ed95-11e4-b2ab-57dfa37cc8ba.jpg

and

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...r-security-guard/story-fnii00l5-1227332120272
Mr Helps, a Geelong supporter, will be called before the board of the Hackham Hawks, which plays in the Southern Football League under the same colours as Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back