Autopsy Knee Jerk Reactions - The Sky is Falling Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I hope Franklin fking hates the hawks now. Not because of their players or the club itself because some of the supporters for the hawks are appaling. I swear I hope we smash them by 100+ points next time we play! That'd be sweet, yes, sweet.

:cry: it is just so hard to see any positives. Probably because their were no positives.

Positive and im stretching here

Its done now im no longer watching
We didnt get done by 100
Buddy played well would of looked worse if he sucked
We got further than 16 others tho i dont take much from it
Shaw will retire?
Tom jones can still sing
Ed shearan is ok
Our banner looked ok
It was sunny so player may of got a tan while they stood around
Players stayed the night would of helped victorian economy

Don't worry fellas, sure somehow both beams and Ryder will somehow end up at the swans... Afl won't let you down just yet...
Your finals "campaign" was like watching a pole vaulter steam towards the jump and then just crash straight into the pit without even getting off the ground. Hilarious, and thanks for the laugh.

Positive and im stretching here

Its done now im no longer watching
We didnt get done by 100
Buddy played well would of looked worse if he sucked
We got further than 16 others tho i dont take much from it
Shaw will retire?
Tom jones can still sing
Ed shearan is ok
Our banner looked ok
It was sunny so player may of got a tan while they stood around
Players stayed the night would of helped victorian economy
Its funny how out of all the positives only one 2 are related to the swans team. Can't believe our performance, it... was just wtf.

Its funny how out of all the positives only one 2 are related to the swans team. Can't believe our performance, it... was just wtf.

Part of me wants to believe that it was just a perfect storm. Everything that could have gone right for Hawthorn did, and everything that could have gone wrong for us did. But I think that's a bit of a cop-out.

Your finals effort was like watching a pole vaulter steam towards the jump and then just crash straight into the pit.

Nah m8 more like watching the wannabe nurd at school try n hang round the in crowd only to have his head flushed down the $h!tter where it belongs. Ahh the life of a hanger on...nothingmond does it to perfection.

Part of me wants to believe that it was just a perfect storm. Everything that could have gone right for Hawthorn did, and everything that could have gone wrong for us did. But I think that's a bit of a cop-out.

I think its true

But its because of the hawks, not a cop out to take away from them

Everything we did got shittier and shittier

Langfords goal ffs, cmon what was that

They looked like the same bunch that played the first 4 rounds, arrogance and s**t attitude.
Of all the things that even now I find hard to believe it's this. As I said on the main board, we were playing Hawthorn FFS. Hawthorn!!! How the hell could any Swans player be arrogant about the prospect of playing the Hawks? It's beyond belief to me. There has to be another reason why the Swans were shithouse today.

Hype is something that is very easy for players to accidentally fall into.

They are trained to say that they don't follow any media, but that's impossible. In my opinion they believed they were hot favourites, they believed they had no weakness, they played like they thought it would just happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, they played like they just came off a 70 point win and the opposition narrowly limped into the GF so winning it should've been a done deal..not how it works.
We do better as the underdog but that means it's just a mental thing.
Hopefully a lesson learnt for a long time.

They are trained to say that they don't follow any media, but that's impossible. In my opinion they believed they were hot favourites, they believed they had no weakness, they played like they thought it would just happen.
Yes, and you'd think any sentient footballer with half a brain between their ears that did fall foolishly into that mindset, would well and truly snap out of that by quarter time.

But it just kept coming. Even that inexplicable bollocking we got from the lowly Demons at the MCG a few years back when Roos was still coaching us, we finally got our act together in the last quarter.

But not today.

Of all the things that even now I find hard to believe it's this. As I said on the main board, we were playing Hawthorn FFS. Hawthorn!!! How the hell could any Swans player be arrogant about the prospect of playing the Hawks? It's beyond belief to me. There has to be another reason why the Swans were shithouse today.
Spiked Gatorade?

Holy ****, I hope this serves as a big time wake up call. We win some and lose some but I would say this tops the round 1 loss of GWS as one of our most embarrassing. If we are feeling this pumped up + driven for 2015, and as hard as it is to say, we must learn of the hawks in 2012 (also eagles in 2005) and come back hard with nothing else except a premiership or two. I hope that the players remind themselves of every single contest they could have went harder in for 2015.
BRING ON 2015 GO SWANS!

I think this might be partly true, but I think everything that happened in the game was entirely predictable based on previous matches. The only thing that surprised me was our inability to get on top at any stage

Share your thoughts today that will probably go with a clear reasoned head over time

Mine are

* we need a new captain and only one, jack didnt handle it looked nervous at the parade ffs and mcveigh was god awful, just get one captain

* retire shaw immediately actually that may not be knee jerk

* trade reid if there is a decent offer

* get a new ruckman

* trade jetta

* Trade Jetta, Parker, McGlynn, Hanners and Reid for Roughy, Breust, Gunston, Hodge, Cyril, Hill, Lake and Gibson. Straight swap. Make it happen Horse.

Agree 100% with all of that. Id put Reid up for a new ruckman. A good one though not another derickx. And we need a new kpd for a couple of years. Commence operation get Merrit. Jack and Mcveigh were atrocious. They are supposed to lead this club, steady the ship when it gets a bit rocky. They failed and the ship capsized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back