Match 28: Heat (1-6) vs Hurricanes (3-4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There were at least two balls a few overs back that were clear wides. One was a mile over Hilfy's head.

That was fine. Remember it is in STANDING POSITION not batting position that it is a wide.

Hilfy's highest score?

He has done well.
7/92 game over turned into game alive.

8/173.
Mathematically possible right up until four balla to go.

Hurricanes are now without question eliminated from finals contention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Batsmen dismissed 'timed out' in first-class cricket
  1. Andrew Jordaan - Eastern Province v Transvaal at Port Elizabeth in 1987–88[3]
  2. Hemulal Yadav - Tripura v Orissa at Cuttack in 1997
  3. Vasbert Drakes - Border v Free State at East London in 2002
  4. AJ Harris - Nottinghamshire v Durham UCCE at Nottingham in 2003
  5. Ryan Austin - Combined Campuses and Colleges v Windward Islands at Kingstown, St Vincent in 2013-14

I remember reading about the Vasbert Drakes incident in a Wisden once. Apparently he wasn't even in the country at the time, his plane from the West Indies to South Africa was delayed so he didn't make it to the ground so he could bat.

I remember reading about the Vasbert Drakes incident in a Wisden once. Apparently he wasn't even in the country at the time, his plane from the West Indies to South Africa was delayed so he didn't make it to the ground so he could bat.

Shouldn't they have played someone else in the country then?

makes sense :drunk:

I told you that hours ago, you moron. (When you were still fumbling around trying to find the fixture list.) As anyone with a brain could have. Go to bed.
You know what? Maybe you should goddamned understand that the iPad doesn't have a multiple window mode.

Yep there it is, thought it was 2, must be 3.
Law 31 - Timed Out

1. Out Timed out

(a) After the fall of a wicket or the retirement of a batsman, the incoming batsman must, unless Time has been called, be in position to take guard or for his partner to be ready to receive the next ball within 3 minutes of the dismissal or retirement. If this requirement is not met, the incoming batsman will be out, Timed out.

That comes from the MCC. (Maker of the Laws of Cricket)

It varies from one form of the game to another. T20 I think is only 90 seconds, which is why the team sit in the bus shelter on the fence rather than in the dressing rooms in the stands.
Yes. T20 only has a 90 second time limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back