Review Match review v blues.. The good, the bad and Caleb Daniel

Remove this Banner Ad

Played s**t, thankfully still won. McLean and Daniel stood out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not many positives. Thought all our backline did their bit, Murph, Moyd, Moz, Hamling, Roberts, Wood. But especially JJ, another really solid game from him. Thought Minson stood up, as did Stevens.
But the story is all about Daniel & McLean. Absolutely outstanding games from both. Daniel's impact was just about the difference.

Really worried about Roughy's shoulder (is that why he went off?), after last year I just hope it's nothing serious.
Other worry is our forward line looks really bad without Toyd.
Finally teams seem to be paying attention to Dahl & Wally which really effects our ability at the contest.

Eight wins thirteen rounds in, a couple of ugly ones the last two but who gives a crap! Another big game next week!

Frustrating but I'll take it! Probably a game we might have lost in previous years. Daniel was awesome! Back line held firm under immense pressure in that second quarter. A wins a win

Does anyone else think Wood might have a place in the midfield?
Has pace, strength, ability in the contest, marking ability and clean disposal.
Too important as an interceptor off of half back.

Almost looked a bit like last year. Less dash than earlier in the year. Soon enough they'll find that balance. Early in the year they went so hard they would run out of legs. Now they are being more conservative to the point of letting teams back into the game late.

I though Redpath was good. Not sure if we can play Boyd and Redpath in the one side, but if Roughie is out we may have to. His hit on Murphy was awesome. Highlight of the night until CD came on.

CD is a MASSIVE revelation boys. Liam Jones for CD. Winner Winner chicken dinner!

McLean - we saw his marking potential tonight. Looked like a grade 3 A-C strain to my amateur eye. Hopefully not a grade 4.

Take the points boys, we previously lost these ones. Another victory for a 'tragic' club - F**k you John Elliott.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back