News Matty White to Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port can piss off! Bloody FA bullshit! He walks we get nada as the contract won't justify any compo just like Adelaide last year with knights!

Port can piss off! Bloody FA bullshit! He walks we get nada as the contract won't justify any compo just like Adelaide last year with knights!

Tit for tat. We raped and pilledged them. Only fair. Suspect if it was anyone else, they'd go. Reckon Whitey would rather be a part of his beloved Tigers having a shot at a premiership - finally - than turn his back on us. If we offered him a 2-year deal, he's a chance to become a Richmond Hall-of-famer... to him, that would mean more than cashola.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the bloke, always have. He bleeds yellow and black and has been with us for 7 years. IMO he has just now started to play consistent starting 22 footy. I think the clubs offered him a year to challenge him to keep it up. If you just look at his past years, consistency is his main issue. I can understand thought, three years with a confirmation that he will be a starting 22 player is tempting for him.

I wish him all the best, if he stays great! If he goes I hope he builds on this year at port,

I love the bloke, always have. He bleeds yellow and black and has been with us for 7 years. IMO he has just now started to play consistent starting 22 footy. I think the clubs offered him a year to challenge him to keep it up. If you just look at his past years, consistency is his main issue. I can understand thought, three years with a confirmation that he will be a starting 22 player is tempting for him.

I wish him all the best, if he stays great! If he goes I hope he builds on this year at port,

What's your inside sauce telling you? I'm at the bookies now... l'm gonna put a hunj on who whether he's staying or going. Dont make me lose now buddy... ;)

Im not sure if this is as clear cut as it might be seen and will all depend on the type of coin he has been offered by port and other clubs but lets look at things that we do know as fact.

Richmond have offered Matty White a 1 year deal probably around $175,000-$200,000
I believe he is 1 year away from being eligable for Vet listing along with Deledio both 2006 recruits and 7th year at the club.

The chances are that port would of offered him 3 years @$1 mill at the most =$333,000 py
If Richmond do decide to keep him, We could effectively offer him a 2 year deal for $550,000
1st year $200,000 2nd year $350,000 ($112,000 out of cap due to vets) and i personally believe that for that amount he will stay a tiger.

If Matty White does leave, What this tells me is that we dont see him as being our best 22 in 12 months time and its probably best for both parties and we would all wish him all the best and fully deserves the cash.

We would probably get an end of 3rd round selection for him roughly #50-#53 which would probably be our last selection or if we are interested in Chapman this selection could be used for that trade

So lets look at it this way Chapman for White

Matt White might very well leave Richmond to go to Port Adelaide. He has turned his career around and now hits targets by foot, adding to his explosive pace. White may feel he is worth more than a 1 year deal, which you would say he probably is. He does love Richmond though so that might keep him at Richmond. White complements our team with his leg speed and running goals. I hope he decides to stay.

Im not sure if this is as clear cut as it might be seen and will all depend on the type of coin he has been offered by port and other clubs but lets look at things that we do know as fact.

Richmond have offered Matty White a 1 year deal probably around $175,000-$200,000
I believe he is 1 year away from being eligable for Vet listing along with Deledio both 2006 recruits and 7th year at the club.

The chances are that port would of offered him 3 years @$1 mill at the most =$333,000 py
If Richmond do decide to keep him, We could effectively offer him a 2 year deal for $550,000
1st year $200,000 2nd year $350,000 ($112,000 out of cap due to vets) and i personally believe that for that amount he will stay a tiger.

If Matty White does leave, What this tells me is that we dont see him as being our best 22 in 12 months time and its probably best for both parties and we would all wish him all the best and fully deserves the cash.

We would probably get an end of 3rd round selection for him roughly #50-#53 which would probably be our last selection or if we are interested in Chapman this selection could be used for that trade

So lets look at it this way Chapman for White

Lids was drafted in the 04 draft, White 05.

I hear what your saying, but we would never offer Whitey that. No chance. If he was offered that, the other is a fool. He's not worth $275k/year... not to anyone. I wish someone would make McGuane an offer he cant refuse.... then we might be able to hold him.

He has been a great servant for our club and still valued but if he could find something to secure the financial future for himself and his young family then we should do our best to help .. even if its one of the Geelong 'Claytons' trades used to steer Blake and others to their preferred teams for pick 120 which we would not use.

He has given us enough that the next move should be the one which best serves him and not necessarily us.

He has been a great servant for our club and still valued but if he could find something to secure the financial future for himself and his young family then we should do our best to help .. even if its one of the Geelong 'Claytons' trades used to steer Blake and others to their preferred teams for pick 120 which we would not use.

He has given us enough that the next move should be the one which best serves him and not necessarily us.

We wouldnt need to he can just walk there FA we just dont need to match the bid/offer
but agreed if we dont see him as best 22 which i believe we dont long term let him go but we will need to replace his speed in the team

@the flee - Sorry mate just took it for granted due to his age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back