Membership 2015 - How Melbourne are you? - now over 35k

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ManWithNoName said:
Do you really think Hawthorn would have 60k members if they were in St Kilda's position?

It's baffling to us but most people willing to post regularly on a football forum are almost certainly die bards. We're the minority. Not the majority.

Even Collingwood in the late nineties before malthouse where having problems getting a strong crowd, and where seemingly in a vulnerable position, so it can happen to anyone. People who jump off and on board based on success annoy me, but unfortunately a lot of people think like that and that is the reason why it is important to become successful again asap. Nothing wrong with being loyal through the bad times, but not everyone thinks that way.

No point offering super cheap memberships until we're playing a game that people actually want to turn up to watch. I'd say our memberships are probably already the cheapest going around. And our 'youth' membership extends to 18yo.
Ok so my questions have been answered, no need for a marketing depatment then.
New question, how good do we have get before trying to sell our product

Even Collingwood in the late nineties before malthouse where having problems getting a strong crowd, and where seemingly in a vulnerable position, so it can happen to anyone. People who jump off and on board based on success annoy me, but unfortunately a lot of people think like that and that is the reason why it is important to become successful again asap. Nothing wrong with being loyal through the bad times, but not everyone thinks that way.
People have a reasonable expectation that the team will be competitive when they're going to fork out money and time on them. I don't blame anyone who didn't want to watch us play in 2012/13.

Alright! I'm now an International member so i'll be watching all the way from NYC baby. Now to indoctrinate all my yanks with everything Dees (although i'll kind of lie saying we're a good team with some sustainable success before 1964).

Alright! I'm now an International member so i'll be watching all the way from NYC baby. Now to indoctrinate all my yanks with everything Dees (although i'll kind of lie saying we're a good team with some sustainable success before 1964).

Soooo your not from the Land of Chocolate? :eek:

Ok so my questions have been answered, no need for a marketing depatment then.
New question, how good do we have get before trying to sell our product

Deadset, almost each time I've watched Melbourne play in the past few years I've almost blown arteries in my head. Demons' membership is probably low because of all the old timers dying of heart attacks watching this team play.

Watching Geelong play back in 2007-2010 was like getting an enjoyable foot massage and handjob in comparison.

Deadset, almost each time I've watched Melbourne play in the past few years I've almost blown arteries in my head. Demons' membership is probably low because of all the old timers dying of heart attacks watching this team play.

Watching Geelong play back in 2007-2010 was like getting an enjoyable foot massage and handjob in comparison.
Yes im sorry i was being a smartass! I know we need play better football before anyone would like to sign up with us

We are only about 400 up on roughly the same time last year, hopefully it doesn't slow down as quick as it did last year.

It slowed down last year because we had that shithouse start to the season (Lose crap quality games vs Saints and GWS then get smashed by WCE).

Membership counts for clubs that aren't expected to be super successful in the season in question need a strong start to the year to have a decent membership count.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're a pretty decent chance in our first four or five games next year (GC, Richmond and Freo at the G + GWS and Adelaide away). Would hope to win at least two. If we can win the first two v GC and GWS we might be able to get on a roll.

We're a pretty decent chance in our first four or five games next year (GC, Richmond and Freo at the G + GWS and Adelaide away). Would hope to win at least two. If we can win the first two v GC and GWS we might be able to get on a roll.

It is amazing that a Melbourne support can still hAve that much optimism when most likely we will be 100 down at 3qtr time in round 1 and begging for roosy to be sacked

It is amazing that a Melbourne support can still hAve that much optimism when most likely we will be 100 down at 3qtr time in round 1 and begging for roosy to be sacked

If we don't have hope, what do we have?

As depressing as it is, this is the best time of year to be a Melbourne supporter.

I'm not getting ahead of myself, but next year looks a lot more promising than anything I can remember.

As depressing as it is, this is the best time of year to be a Melbourne supporter.

I'm not getting ahead of myself, but next year looks a lot more promising than anything I can remember.

Of course, I just remember being positive about Neelds first game , then roosys first game etc

If we won round 1 you wouldn't be able to contain this board

I just don't see the point of expecting mediocrity. You can only ever get what you think you deserve...or less.

Amen to that. You have to wonder the impact perennially losing opening games has not only on membership figures and supporter morale, but also player and team morale. I cant even remember what it feels like to win that first game, so many other clubs must just take it for granted. It makes me angry they keep letting us supporters down like that. If they at least gave us that extra week of excitement and enthusiasm before destroying our hopes and dreams for another year!

I just don't see the point of expecting mediocrity. You can only ever get what you think you deserve...or less.

I know mate wasn't having a dig or anything if people couldn't find a positive outcome this board wouldn't even exist

Of course, I just remember being positive about Neelds first game , then roosys first game etc

Well the Suns are hardly easybeats anymore. Especially with another pre-season under their belts.

GC will prostrate us they'll be that good under Rocket

Self deprecation.

GC will prostrate us they'll be that good under Rocket

Yep I have been going on for years about sacked coaches getting another go because they are already more advanced than new guys, Rocket knows what he is doing and this will be by far his most talented list to work with

Not only that but his teams are built for modern day footy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back