Memorable Games?

Remove this Banner Ad

How Good was ANZAC Day last year? Daics goal in the last.

Good Old Collingwood Forever.

Darcy's post-game speech. Man I love The Pies. I'm starting to get amped for round 1, especially with The Aussie Open being over and Championship Weekend in The NFL has concluded.

I've got a good one

Round 4, 2018 vs Adelaide

Who saw this coming? The Pies were 0-2 before beating perennial cellar dwellers Carlton by 4 goals in round 3. A weekend away to the reigning runners-up in Adelaide who'd already knocked off the premiers Richmond two weeks earlier. Recently added Bryce Gibbs who was playing great footy. Even the most optimistic Pies fans wouldn't have expected much.

We belted them from start to finish. Stephenson booted 5 goals, Grundy had 33 touches and kicked a phenomenal goal in a dominant display and Sidebottom had one of his best games ever. A changing of the guards moment after several years of frustrating Buckley football. It only took this one game for us all to have immense confidence in the side that they would play finals. We went on to secure 3rd and play a grand final.

I've got a good one

Round 4, 2018 vs Adelaide

Who saw this coming? The Pies were 0-2 before beating perennial cellar dwellers Carlton by 4 goals in round 3. A weekend away to the reigning runners-up in Adelaide who'd already knocked off the premiers Richmond two weeks earlier. Recently added Bryce Gibbs who was playing great footy. Even the most optimistic Pies fans wouldn't have expected much.

We belted them from start to finish. Stephenson booted 5 goals, Grundy had 33 touches and kicked a phenomenal goal in a dominant display and Sidebottom had one of his best games ever. A changing of the guards moment after several years of frustrating Buckley football. It only took this one game for us all to have immense confidence in the side that they would play finals. We went on to secure 3rd and play a grand final.
Good win mate.

That opening loss to the Hawks was a disaster for us. But as it turned out, the Hawkers made top 4. We had a narrow loss to the Giants in Round 2. I loved beating them in that semi final win all those months later. I think we fell victim to them narrowly again at Spotless, could have been a different year. I remember we belted them unexpectedly in 2016. Actually, that win where Grundy got the Tigers at the end in round 4 or 5 or something lol. Could have been round 3.

'' Grund Theft Auto ''

what a head line! What a win!

Enjoyed beating the Cats at The G in 2017 too. Another surprise win and knocking Melbourne out of the finals in 2017 final home and away season game very satisfying. As it was on that Monday game, Bucks last in 2021 at The SCG.

2018 Queens Birthday put an absolute beat down on The Dees.

2022 Queens Birth day man what a rush!

1969 Victoria Park vs Sth Melbourne. P. Mckenna 16 goals.
1970 Victoria Park vs Carlton P. Mckenna 9 goals to kick his 100
1974 MCG vs Richmond John Greenings comeback game.
1979 Victoria Park vs St Kilda P. Daicos first game.
1981 Victoria Park vs Richmond P. Daicos 9 goals
1981 MCG vs Fitzroy Semi Final Collingwood win by 1 point.

There are more but you get the picture, I'm an old fart.

Nah, you're not that old.
I was also at both the 1981 games.
Was at John Greenings comeback match but have no memory of it for some reason. I think I was too young to understand it's significance at the time, and just saw it as another Collingwood Richmond match.

Nah, you're not that old.
I was also at both the 1981 games.
Was at John Greenings comeback match but have no memory of it for some reason. I think I was too young to understand it's significance at the time, and just saw it as another Collingwood Richmond match.
it was the same game Billy Picken took mark of the year. I remember the game vividly.

Attachments

• Billy Picken.jpg
    Billy Picken.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 14
Round 15 1991 vs Adelaide @ Victoria Park

• This was the Crows first trip to Victoria Park and did the crowd let them know.
  • Smashed them by 20 goals. I recall the fans saying "Welcome to Victoria" all day long.
  • It was also the first time I bought a bucket of chips at the footy. Until then I was always a pie and sauce guy. Still am.
  • Standing in the outer with all the fans enjoying a flogging was just amazing. Not a Crows supporter in sight.

• This was the Crows first trip to Victoria Park and did the crowd let them know.
  • Smashed them by 20 goals. I recall the fans saying "Welcome to Victoria" all day long.
  • It was also the first time I bought a bucket of chips at the footy. Until then I was always a pie and sauce guy. Still am.
  • Standing in the outer with all the fans enjoying a flogging was just amazing. Not a Crows supporter in sight.
Beautiful. We had some great tussles with The Crows during the 90's. Some good one's at Victoria Park.

* Mod's was a gun.

Was the last AFL match I attended at Victoria Park. Stood on the outer wing and boy did the crowd give it to them.
I remember yelling abuse at Chris McDermot , due to the fact he was s**t.

From what I can see hasn't been mentioned yet, Round 9 in 2008.

Geelong sitting on top of the ladder undefeated, reigning premiers and full of stars. We smash them on a Friday night by 86 points. I can still remember the utter jubilation that night and the buzz that lasted all weekend.

From what I can see hasn't been mentioned yet, Round 9 in 2008.

Geelong sitting on top of the ladder undefeated, reigning premiers and full of stars. We smash them on a Friday night by 86 points. I can still remember the utter jubilation that night and the buzz that lasted all weekend.
Was a ripper!!!

$2.90 odds too. Magnificent Pies.

Was a ripper!!!

$2.90 odds too. Magnificent Pies.
I can still remember the back page of the paper. Dale Thomas with his arms out stretched, the headline reading 'Pies Win By This Much'. Or something very close to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love when we had likes of a young Daisy, Welly, Pendlles coming through. Swany etc.

Not being biased but no other club has as much spirit and pride for their club and shirt than the mighty Black and Whites. Unified spirit.

I love when we had likes of a young Daisy, Welly, Pendlles coming through. Swany etc.

Not being biased but no other club has as much spirit and pride for their club and shirt than the mighty Black and Whites. Unified spirit.
Not to mention a young T.Cloke in the forward like.

The 2006-2009 period in the lead up to the 2010 Premiership was a lot of fun as a supporter.

Had its setbacks along the way, but we were growing into something special. The 2007 finals series was particularly fun.

The 2006-2009 period in the lead up to the 2010 Premiership was a lot of fun as a supporter.

Had its setbacks along the way, but we were growing into something special. The 2007 finals series was particularly fun.
That 2007 finals series was incredible. I can still remember the jubilations after the extra time win in the Semi Final against West Coast and the complete numbness of the loss in an epic Preliminary Final the following week.

That 2007 finals series was incredible. I can still remember the jubilations after the extra time win in the Semi Final against West Coast and the complete numbness of the loss in an epic Preliminary Final the following week.
The SF win was epic. It was our first win in Perth against West Coast since 1992.

I was super proud of what we did in the PF. Win that and I think we're the 2007 Premiers.

Those wins against Sydney and West Coast were unreal. Just falling short to the Cats in The Prelim gee what a game. I thought we were a big chance in 2009 against them. What a rude awakening that was. Great to revenge that defeat in 2010 though. Made up for all of the s**t we through, just like beating Brizzy last year did.

Loved those Crow wins in 2008-09 as well.

The SF win was epic. It was our first win in Perth against West Coast since 1992.

I was super proud of what we did in the PF. Win that and I think we're the 2007 Premiers.
I have to agree with that, think we'd have beaten Port, but it would've been closer than the 119 points they lost to Geelong by.

After that Semi Final win I can still remember a mate and I running down a street in South Melbourne like crazy men screaming!

Round 4 2022 vs WCE was memorable for all the wrong reasons. Probably one of the saddest games I've ever watched in person and it wasn't just because it was at Docklands Stadium although it definitely contributed to emptiness of that night. We had them covered in pretty much every stat line and yet we let them toy with us for most of the game until eventually we just conceded in the last. The fact that they kicked 14.3 makes me spew every time those lucky ducks. If you'd told me as I walked out of that cold arena that we would later come within a point of making the Grand Final I'd laugh in your face. But I do think that game especially was a good learning experience for the team and no doubt we made sure not to let it happen again.
2018 Round 1 vs the Hawks another one in this mould. I remember being despondent at how poor a performance we turned in against a side I expected would be falling down the ladder. Mason was absolutely woeful and copped a suspension that same night, and I remember thinking we had a years long road ahead to even resembling a side in contention…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back