Messi, Suarez & Neymar: The Best Front 3 In The Game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Flicked through the sides who have competed in the CL Final over the years, here are some of the better ones I found.

Ronaldo Benzema Bale (Real)
Robben Muller Ribery (Bayern)
Messi Henry Eto'o (Barça)
Ronaldo Rooney Tevez (Man Utd)
Ronaldinho Eto'o Iniesta (Barça)
Kaka Crespo Shevchenko (Milan)
Rui Costa Shevchenko Inzaghi (Milan)
Zidane Del Piero Inzaghi (Juve)
Van Basten Gullit Donadoni (Ajax)
Dalglish Rush Heighway (Liverpool)
Platini Rossi Boniek (Juve)
Muller Rummenigge Hoeneß (Bayern)
Cruyff Neeksens Van Dijk (Ajax)
Best Charlton Law (Man Utd)
Eusebio Torres Simões (Benfica)
Di Stefano Puskas Gento (Real)

Obviously this means I've probably missed a couple. Even if you just look at English football you've got the likes of Henry, Bergkamp & Pires (Arsenal); or Lampard, Drogba & Anelka (Chelsea); or Barnes, Beardsley & Aldridge (Liverpool), who didn't get the opportunity to play on club football's greatest stage but are widely considered to be the best front 3 their club has ever produced, and among the best attacking units to play in their league. Maradona, Zola & Careca (Napoli) would have to rate a mention too.

This current Barça trio stacks up pretty bloody well against any of them though to be honest. I'm also sorely tempted to watch the 1968 European Cup final between Benfica (Eusebio Torres Simões) vs Man United (Best Charlton Law ). Anyone got a link?

Last edited:
Cold Wednesday night in stoke they'd struggle u reckon

Struggle no.

Score a bazillion goals a season? yes.

look at it this way -

Players that have scored over 30+ league goals in the Premier league

Andy Cole - 34
Alan Shearer x 3 - 31,34,31
Kevin Philips - 30
All before 2000

After 2000
Thierry Henry - 30
Christiano Ronaldo - 31
Robin Van Persie - 30
Luis Suarez - 31

Record hattricks Alan Shearer - 11

Now look at La Liga

Ronaldo - 32
before 2000

After 2000
E'eto - 30
Forlan - 31
Messi x 5 - 31,34, 34, 46, 50
C. Ronaldo x 5 - 31, 34, 38, 40, 46

Ronaldo is on 38 so far this season
Messi is on 34

Record Hattricks - Messi and Ronaldo - 24 each

Thanks for the stats that prove what I just said. Since you're helping me out can you post the BBC vs MSN head to head numbers as well
I can't help you if you don't want to learn. You need to understand that MSN have played less minutes so it's more logical to use the goals per minute ratio as performance indicator. It's pretty simple stuff. You'll get the hang of it soon enough.

I can't help you if you don't want to learn. You need to understand that MSN have played less minutes so it's more logical to use the goals per minute ratio as performance indicator. It's pretty simple stuff. You'll get the hang of it soon enough.
Why aren't you so quick to post the head to head stats? You were being so helpful

And you saying per min ratio is the best measuring stick? BRB 150.6 per assist Cesc vs 154.9 per assist ADM. Nallad thinks ADM is better than Cesc

Struggle no.

Score a bazillion goals a season? yes.

look at it this way -

Players that have scored over 30+ league goals in the Premier league

Andy Cole - 34
Alan Shearer x 3 - 31,34,31
Kevin Philips - 30
All before 2000

After 2000
Thierry Henry - 30
Christiano Ronaldo - 31
Robin Van Persie - 30
Luis Suarez - 31

Record hattricks Alan Shearer - 11

Now look at La Liga

Ronaldo - 32
before 2000

After 2000
E'eto - 30
Forlan - 31
Messi x 5 - 31,34, 34, 46, 50
C. Ronaldo x 5 - 31, 34, 38, 40, 46

Ronaldo is on 38 so far this season
Messi is on 34

Record Hattricks - Messi and Ronaldo - 24 each
Its only Messi and Ronaldo doing it, they're also doing it in the CL

Flicked through the sides who have competed in the CL Final over the years, here are some of the better ones I found.

Obviously this means I've probably missed a couple, even if you just look at English football you've got the likes of Henry, Bergkamp & Pires; and Barnes, Beardsley & Aldridge who didn't get the opportunity to play on club football's greatest stage but are widely considered to be the best front 3 their club has ever produced, and among the best attacking units to play in their league.

This current Barça trio stacks up pretty bloody well against any of them though to be honest. I'm also sorely tempted to watch the 1968 European Cup final between Benfica vs Man United. Anyone got a link?
Pfft you mean Kalou Drogba Bertrand doesn't even get a mention?

Its only Messi and Ronaldo doing it, they're also doing it in the CL

Sigh,

Yes I know....

Where did I say they are rubbish? Where did I say they still wouldn't be the best players?

The point is....they would not be scoring at the rate they are scoring now if they were in the Premier league.

Top scorers? Probably.
Consistently scoring over 30+ each season? Very doubtful.

As I've just shown.....it's only been done once each by four players over the last 15 years.

Yet Messi and Ronaldo will have done it 6 times each in the last 10 years....

That's my whole bloody point. La Liga bloats their statistics.

Are we all forgetting this potent attacking 3?

wigaasnl2.jpg

Why aren't you so quick to post the head to head stats? You were being so helpful

And you saying per min ratio is the best measuring stick? BRB 150.6 per assist Cesc vs 154.9 per assist ADM. Nallad thinks ADM is better than Cesc
Oh my god. An assist every 150.6 minutes is better than an assist every 154.9 minutes.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, you're clearly missing the dominant force of Kalou-Mata-Bertrand in the 2012 final.

Obviously this means I've probably missed a couple. Even if you just look at English football you've got the likes of Henry, Bergkamp & Pires (Arsenal); or Lampard, Drogba & Anelka (Chelsea); or Barnes, Beardsley & Aldridge (Liverpool), who didn't get the opportunity to play on club football's greatest stage but are widely considered to be the best front 3 their club has ever produced, and among the best attacking units to play in their league. Maradona, Zola & Careca (Napoli) would have to rate a mention too.

This current Barça trio stacks up pretty bloody well against any of them though to be honest. I'm also sorely tempted to watch the 1968 European Cup final between Benfica vs Man United. Anyone got a link?

Those are some impressive trios, but I still remain convinced that the best attacking trio of all time is actually from an international team:

Ronaldo-Rivaldo-Ronaldihno

In fact, if it wasn't for discipline reasons, the 2002 World Cup team would have had the best ever attacking four ever:

Rivaldo - Ronaldihno
Ronaldo - Romario

(I don't know if they ever did actually play altogether, but they could've done so for 2002.)

Let's be honest, even if you go for Ronaldo-Rivaldo-Romario, you're going to be extremely hard pushed to find a better attacking combination. That, is just awesome.

Those are some impressive trios, but I still remain convinced that the best attacking trio of all time is actually from an international team:

Ronaldo-Rivaldo-Ronaldihno

In fact, if it wasn't for discipline reasons, the 2002 World Cup team would have had the best ever attacking four ever:

Rivaldo - Ronaldihno
Ronaldo - Romario

(I don't know if they ever did actually play altogether, but they could've done so for 2002.)

Let's be honest, even if you go for Ronaldo-Rivaldo-Romario, you're going to be extremely hard pushed to find a better attacking combination. That, is just awesome.

Funny you mention that, I was just going through the World Cup finals, some pretty formidable attacks to have graced the sport's biggest game over the years:

Messi, Aguero, Lavezzi
Muller, Ozil, Gotze
Van Persie, Robben, Sneijder
Villa, Iniesta, Pedro
Zidane, Henry, Ribery
Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Ronaldo
Voller, Klinsmann, Littbarski
Maradona, Burruchaga, Valdano
Cruyff, Rep, Rensenbrink
Muller, Heynckes, Holzenbein
Pele, Jairzinho, Tostao
Charlton, Hurst, Hunt
Pele, Garrincha, Vava
Puskas, Kokcis, Hidegkuti

You've also got the likes of:

Iniesta, Silva, Torres
Ronaldo, Figo, Deco
Van Basten, Gullit, Koeman
Barnes, Gascoigne, Lineker

who have lit up the international stage over the years.

Last edited:
Help me out: Consistently scoring over 30+ each season? Very doubtful

Cr7/messi would be getting 30+ goal a year be it spain, England, Australia, Kurdistan

Based on what?

Seriously, based on ******* what?

I just told you, there's only been on ******* player in the history of the Premier league to have multiple 30+ goal seasons and that was nearly 20 ******* years ago.

No player has done it since.

Yet you think Messi and Ronaldo would be racking up the same number of goals as they do in Spain?

completely Deluded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back