Premier Lg EPL Matchday 3 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are all honest players should not be getting yellows for what TAA did. He got shoved into the hoardings. We can argue if that is a free kick or not all day, but TAA has to have the chance to at least to get back into position.

There's been a change in the interpretation of the rules. Initially, refs often feel like they have to adhere rigidly to the edicts - then after some stupid decisions like this and the reactions, they usually start to apply some common sense.

TAA has been bundled off the park, not into the hoardings or almost seriously injured. It was a clear foul but even if the ref doesn't give it he should have given TAA a little leeway for not giving the ball back when he is 5 yards off the field.

Post, slowly back away, exit Forum.

I think they should give him another game actually.

Followed by the inevitable outrage when a Man Utd or a Chelsea team doesn't forfeit a game when their entire squad chase down a referee for a bad decision on field.

Lol. I wonder how you'd react if a client attacked you. Just say that's fine? What a bizarre take.

In any case Gordon got away a few times with kicking the ball away on an actual free kick in the very same game. Surely no way to treat a client!

First time I have seen this ‘TAA throwing the ball away in disgust incident’. It that it? He got booked because of that? 😂

I just assumed he tossed the ball back onto the pitch as he thought he was fouled and it would have been a free kick to Liverpool. He didn’t throw the ball in disgust or looked angry. Incredibly soft yellow card.

First time I have seen this ‘TAA throwing the ball away in disgust incident’. It that it? He got booked because of that?

I just assumed he tossed the ball back onto the pitch as he thought he was fouled and it would have been a free kick to Liverpool. He didn’t throw the ball in disgust or looked angry. Incredibly soft yellow card.
Its the new rules. No tolerance for petulance.

And maybe St James' Park would have been invaded by aliens! But not everything is equally likely. TAA's 2nd yellow should have happened at 5m 47s. That's a very long game with 10 men.
Yep. Again im not arguing the fact that TAA should have seen a second yellow.

What I was talking about was how the pundits were saying Liverpool were lucky not to be down to 9 men. But again, butterfly effect. That doesnt make sense. If TAA is sent off, nothing after that happens the same so Virg probably doesnt get sent off.

Pity Party Whining GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
You seem to really not be able to read people's emotions too well. Unless you are self-reflecting which would be fair.

Says the guy who attacks me after his team won. I like how your team won and instead of celebrating you all come and attack me. Yet I'm the salty one. Not once did I mention anything about Liverpool not deserving to win. But you know, go ahead and attack the man if that makes you feel good tough guy. All while you go hide in the Liverpool thread because you're afraid of criticism.
Most of them do that.

Its the new rules. No tolerance for petulance.

When a United supporter is defending Liverpool you know you're on the wrong side of the argument.

Tellingly, within a minute of this happening Gordon kicked the ball away when Liverpool were trying to take a quick free kick. So much for the "no tolerance" on petulance rule here (no such thing exists in any case).

When a United supporter is defending Liverpool you know you're on the wrong side of the argument.

Tellingly, within a minute of this happening Gordon kicked the ball away when Liverpool were trying to take a quick free kick. So much for the "no tolerance" on petulance rule here (no such thing exists in any case).
Gordon not getting booked was the wrong outcome, that doesn't have any relevance to Alexander Arnold (although is frustrating to players and supporters).

The new guidance on petulant acts has been heavily publicised, and has been applied a number of times through the start of the season.

He'll learn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gordon not getting booked was the wrong outcome, that doesn't have any relevance to Alexander Arnold (although is frustrating to players and supporters).

The new guidance on petulant acts has been heavily publicised, and has been applied a number of times through the start of the season.

He'll learn.

Care to share this guidance on petulant acts? Where can I find it?

Care to share this guidance on petulant acts? Where can I find it?
It's been widely publicised on TV and the press for weeks. Throwing/kicking the ball away has been punished with yellows regularly in the first few weeks.

https://dailym.ai/android

Interestingly, the guidance for DOGSO has changed, which I wasn't aware if. I'll have to have another look at Van Dijk.

It's been widely publicised on TV and the press for weeks. Throwing/kicking the ball away has been punished with yellows regularly in the first few weeks.

https://dailym.ai/android

Interestingly, the guidance for DOGSO has changed, which I wasn't aware if. I'll have to have another look at Van Dijk.

That it may be but there's got to be some leeway for players to be allowed to show annoyance at shithousery after an opponent has literally tried to injure them. Some common sense & discretion should have applied here. Trent got on with the game pretty quickly too despite being the victim.

That it may be but there's got to be some leeway for players to be allowed to show annoyance at shithousery after an opponent has literally tried to injure them. Some common sense & discretion should have applied here. Trent got on with the game pretty quickly too despite being the victim.
Its not that big a deal. He shouldn't have done it, he got punished, hopefully for your sake he'll learn his lesson.

The game will be better for footballers respecting the decisions of the officials.

Its not that big a deal. He shouldn't have done it, he got punished, hopefully for your sake he'll learn his lesson.

The game will be better for footballers respecting the decisions of the officials.

He wasn't disagreeing with anything. He was showing his annoyance at Gordon for a a s**t challenge. And rightly so - it was unnecessary and dangerous.

He wasn't disagreeing with anything. He was showing his annoyance at Gordon for a a s**t challenge. And rightly so - it was unnecessary and dangerous.
And was deservedly booked for it.p

Great to know you agree with a player being booked for being on the end of a dangerous shitty challenge. Grealish will be getting two yellows every game with ease.

Learn the rules.

Great to know you agree with a player being booked for being on the end of a dangerous shitty challenge. Grealish will be getting two yellows every game with ease.
What part of Gordon's challenge was dangerous? The part where Alexander Arnold ended up 5m short of the fence?

Why are you trying to make out that the yellow card was for being tackled?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back