Premier Lg EPL Matchday 3 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

I did find it funny that pundits debate the second yellow and should Liverpool have been down to 9 men etc. Life doesnt work like that.

If TAA gets sent off, everything changes, the butterfly effect. So Virg and Isak are never in that position for Virg to then also be sent off.

If Virg was already off and TAA escapes the second yellow then there is the argument for 9 men etc.

But it doesnt work the other way around.
Also if TAA gets sent off he doesn't give away Newcastle's goal

I did find it funny that pundits debate the second yellow and should Liverpool have been down to 9 men etc. Life doesnt work like that.

If TAA gets sent off, everything changes, the butterfly effect. So Virg and Isak are never in that position for Virg to then also be sent off.

If Virg was already off and TAA escapes the second yellow then there is the argument for 9 men etc.

You don't know that. If TAA gets sent off the butterfly effect could still have Virgil being sent off another way.

You are the most salty person I have ever seen over another team. You need to get out more and enjoy life.
Says the guy who attacks me after his team won. I like how your team won and instead of celebrating you all come and attack me. Yet I'm the salty one. Not once did I mention anything about Liverpool not deserving to win. But you know, go ahead and attack the man if that makes you feel good tough guy. All while you go hide in the Liverpool thread because you're afraid of criticism.

You don't know that. If TAA gets sent off the butterfly effect could still have Virgil being sent off another way.
Yep. Or maybe Newcastle get two players sent off. Or maybe Newcastle win 6-1 or maybe Liverpool win 11-2 or maybe it's a 0-0 draw. That's the point, everything changes and nothing that happened after TAA getting sent off would happen the exact same as it did when he didnt get sent off.

Says the guy who attacks me after his team won. I like how your team won and instead of celebrating you all come and attack me. Yet I'm the salty one. Not once did I mention anything about Liverpool not deserving to win. But you know, go ahead and attack the man if that makes you feel good tough guy. All while you go hide in the Liverpool thread because you're afraid of criticism.
LOL, criticise all you like. I hang out in the LFC thread as I prefer to talk about my own team and not throw s**t on other teams unlike some. Your history of trash talking LFC is well known. Whatever floats your boat.

LOL, criticise all you like. I hang out in the LFC thread as I prefer to talk about my own team and not throw s**t on other teams unlike some. Your history of trash talking LFC is well known. Whatever floats your boat.
Pity Party Whining GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Actually it does.

I just saw that the Crows should be playing this weekend not Sydney.
Even though Sydney would have been playing the final round FOR a finals spot rather than playing with a guaranteed one, and hence would probably have beaten Melbourne anyway.

Yep. Or maybe Newcastle get two players sent off. Or maybe Newcastle win 6-1 or maybe Liverpool win 11-2 or maybe it's a 0-0 draw. That's the point, everything changes and nothing that happened after TAA getting sent off would happen the exact same as it did when he didnt get sent off.

And maybe St James' Park would have been invaded by aliens! But not everything is equally likely. TAA's 2nd yellow should have happened at 5m 47s. That's a very long game with 10 men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And maybe St James' Park would have been invaded by aliens! But not everything is equally likely. TAA's 2nd yellow should have happened at 5m 47s. That's a very long game with 10 men.

That should have been his first yellow. But likely it wouldn't have happened if Gordon didn't get away with almost sending him into the advertising awnings.

Also that is a stonewall yellow for sure against Gordon who later got away with kicking the ball away without copping a yellow. So he should've been sent off also.

That should have been his first yellow. But likely it wouldn't have happened if Gordon didn't get away with almost sending him into the advertising awnings.

Also that is a stonewall yellow for sure against Gordon who later got away with kicking the ball away without copping a yellow. So he should've been sent off also.
If we are all honest players should not be getting yellows for what TAA did. He got shoved into the hoardings. We can argue if that is a free kick or not all day, but TAA has to have the chance to at least to get back into position.

If we are all honest players should not be getting yellows for what TAA did. He got shoved into the hoardings. We can argue if that is a free kick or not all day, but TAA has to have the chance to at least to get back into position.

Possibly the most ridiculous piece of refereeing I've seen for some time and that includes the Macalister debacle. Don't punish the guy who almost seriously injured his opponent by deliberately shoving him off the field in a reckless manner but punish the guy who threw the ball back on the field for an expected quick free kick for his team. Surely the referee was going to make Newcastle wait for Trent to get back on the field for the throw anyway.

I see Darwin got done for playing the ball seconds after the referee blew for a foul.

But let Gordon get away with blatantly kicking the ball away.

The ref gave a decision, he thinks it was the right one (it wasnt), Alexander Arnold threw the ball away.

Under new guidelines , its exactly what he should have done (except for the free in the first place) and I'm happy for that.

Players will learn.

The ref gave a decision, he thinks it was the right one (it wasnt), Alexander Arnold threw the ball away.

Under new guidelines , its exactly what he should have done (except for the free in the first place) and I'm happy for that.

Players will learn.

Alexander Arnold thought he had a free kick and was getting the ball back to his teammates for a presumed fk. Pretty reasonable assumption for him to make in the circumstances. If he wanted to delay the game he would have hung on to the ball. It was an absurd call.

Alexander Arnold thought he had a free kick and was getting the ball back to his teammates for a presumed fk. Pretty reasonable assumption for him to make in the circumstances. If he wanted to delay the game he would have hung on to the ball. It was an absurd call.
Come on now Zizou, he threw it away in disgust, you could see it on his face.

Come on now Zizou, he threw it away in disgust, you could see it on his face.

A not unexpected reaction after being a few metres away from suffering a serious injury from a reckless unnecessary challenge by an opponent from behind.

The referee chose to punish the victim here, plain and simple. Slowing down restart of play isn't a factor - the referee had to wait for him to get back on the field and if that's what he intended he simply would've just held on to the ball.

In the context of what happened his reaction was totally understandable. Many similar incidents happen all the time - I can recall very few where the perpetrator gets off for such a blatant foul and the victim gets booked for showing annoyance.

It was appallingly handled by the referee.

A not unexpected reaction after being a few metres away from suffering a serious injury from a reckless unnecessary challenge by an opponent from behind.

The referee chose to punish the victim here, plain and simple. Slowing down restart of play isn't a factor - the referee had to wait for him to get back on the field and if that's what he intended he simply would've just held on to the ball.

In the context of what happened his reaction was totally understandable. Many similar incidents happen all the time - I can recall very few where the perpetrator gets off for such a blatant foul and the victim gets booked for showing annoyance.

It was appallingly handled by the referee.
No matter whether you think you are right, you do not react like that. If I reacted in a similar manner to a client, you think I'd not get a reprimand?

No matter whether you think you are right, you do not react like that. If I reacted in a similar manner to a client, you think I'd not get a reprimand?

Lol. I wonder how you'd react if a client attacked you. Just say that's fine? What a bizarre take.

In any case Gordon got away a few times with kicking the ball away on an actual free kick in the very same game. Surely no way to treat a client!

Lol. I wonder how you'd react if a client attacked you. Just say that's fine? What a bizarre take.

In any case Gordon got away a few times with kicking the ball away on an actual free kick in the very same game. Surely no way to treat a client!

I didn't see the gordon incident (him kicking the ball away). There is no excuse for what Alexander-Arnold did and you've flip flopped all over the place yet again trying to defend him.

No he didn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back