News Mick Malthouse on Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

The so called "unbiased" prick gave us a C in his mid season grade.

He gave his former assistant Guy McKenna's team a B, they are winless, rock bottom of the ladder, gets thrashed week in week out.

You guys work that out.

He gave Freo a C? Pretty generous for a side that has lost more games than it's won.

I don't really disagree with anything he said. He's a joyless hypocrite, but he's right.

He gave Freo a C? Pretty generous for a side that has lost more games than it's won.

I don't really disagree with anything he said. He's a joyless hypocrite, but he's right.
you agree with him giving gold coast a B? Gee I wish you was my teacher at school.

the 'marking' of freo was probably pretty accurate. it's the inability to critique his mates (mckenna and neeld) in the same way that is problematic. but then he turns around in that article and says that he is unbiased now that he is in the media... :rolleyes:
smarmy, that's all.
can tell that he enjoys sticking the boot in too, while at the same time pumping up collingwood.

I may have mentioned on twitter to some footy journo that Mick didnt like us, may have sent it to mick as well.

Truth hurts obviously.

Not going to read. I'm guessing he actually doesn't even know Hill, Fyfe & Morabito are on our list.
On AFL Teams this week the had a 10 minute excuse session for Carlton with detailed graphs of all their outs & the effects. When it came to Freo Pickering said gee I didn't know some of these ins are still on their list, Freo are terrible but they should beat the dogs just.
I know the only way to get respect is win but gee I'm sick of the bias in the media.

Pickering is a complete and utter Freo hating pr!ck. He's a f*ckwit of the lowest order.

The three biggest Freo hating commentators that I can think of are Pickering, Matt Campbell (tubby little pr!ck that he is) and Dwayne Russell. Tools.

Actually I take it back, it's not a bad article at all, I agree with his comments about our game plan and he does acknowledge our outs. Perhaps it's just that he's a bit like Ken Judge, (he always sounds like he is sneering when he talks) that gets my back up

I'm pretty sure he is sh!tty at us because he was tipping us to go so well at the start of the season, and it hasn't eventuated.

Agree also that most of the points he raises are pretty fair. And unlike some journalists (e.g. Walls) he actually provides some information/technical explanation on the points he's trying to make, rather than vague generalities "what do Fremantle stand for", or "they need to think their way through".

I don't think he hates Freo. I suspect what he sees disappoints him. But who really gives a sh!t. Someone from the coaching staff would probably have a two second look over Mick's comments to see if there was anything there they might have missed, realised they were already aware of the issues and gotten straight back into fixing them.

is it too early to bump this yet?

especially this quote "You’ve got to keep football simple so you’re defending the ball in the front half and not the back half. Give yourself a chance to compete with the best teams by following basic, mundane rules that won’t get you into trouble."

Who has kept the ball in their forward half more than anyone lately Mick?

is it too early to bump this yet?

especially this quote "You’ve got to keep football simple so you’re defending the ball in the front half and not the back half. Give yourself a chance to compete with the best teams by following basic, mundane rules that won’t get you into trouble."

Who has kept the ball in their forward half more than anyone lately Mick?

Never too early.

I hope that you tweeters, twitters, twitterers, twits, whatever are giving him s**t!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't too bad an article to be fair. He made a couple of valid point and we've improved a lot since then.

He's still a smug twat whose already large ego has only been inflated by his year off in the media, though.

It wasn't too bad an article to be fair. He made a couple of valid point and we've improved a lot since then.

He's still a smug twat whose already large ego has only been inflated by his year off in the media, though.

Don't worry, he'll make a squillion coaching carlton, but it'll do his brain in and they won't win a GF under him, finally retiring with his Carlton era making his career seem more ordinary. can you imagine Kernahan and Malthouse - with their ego's they will be at eachothers throats on all issues :D

I really don't know how Malthouse held out so long at colonwood - maybe Eddie left Malthouse alone in that area (except obviously for his joyboy Buckley)

It was a cheap shot against a team evolving into a completely different gameplan.

Malthouse is a prick. Good coach though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back