Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, pretty sure she's lying through her teeth in that interview in trying to be nice. Wanted to know because she was "curious" and "respected him" and trying to say there was known "technical issues." That smirk at the time tells us all she knew exactly what she was doing...
If anything it just makes me love her more. What a woman.

Haha, pretty sure she's lying through her teeth in that interview in trying to be nice. Wanted to know because she was "curious" and "respected him" and trying to say there was known "technical issues." That smirk at the time tells us all she knew exactly what she was doing...
She did say before in the interview that she considers herself to be a bit cheeky.of course she knew what she was doing. She’s a ripper 😆

Should we read anything into Hayley Miller and Andrew Brayshaw attending the press conference revealing the new sponsor?

Particularly around Brayshaw being captain next season?

Fyfe normally goes overseas during the off-season, if he's not having surgeries. Presume that's the case this time (anyone confirm?), and so someone else from the leadership group steps in. Pierce is overseas. That leaves Andy as the next most experienced, I think.

Leadership group isn't usually voted on until well into the preseason, iirc, so I doubt there's anything more to read into it.

Fyfe normally goes overseas during the off-season, if he's not having surgeries. Presume that's the case this time (anyone confirm?), and so someone else from the leadership group steps in. Pierce is overseas. That leaves Andy as the next most experienced, I think.

Leadership group isn't usually voted on until well into the preseason, iirc, so I doubt there's anything more to read into it.

There's a big orange painting featuring Miller and Brayshaw too

Good job this bloke's got. I bet he has a Smug rather than a Smeg.

It's easy to point out how cactus everything is when your starting point is that everything is so cactus there's no point fixing it. We're all grubby amoral campaigners and don't pretend you're anything different.

I mean the point is that Oil and Gas, alongside the resources sector in general, is vital to our way of life. It's a bit of a s**t starting point that clubs like Freo can't have any sort of association with them, given that if we applied the standards activists want to there'd be very few sizable businesses in WA we could associate with.

I love Fyfe and we are blessed to have him but Brayshaw has shown more leadership in the last 12 months than Fyfe ever has.If Fyfe was in the trenches he'd be the bloke that jumps the wall and bayonets 16 of the enemy before jumping on a grenade .Andy would gather the men and make a calculated and well executed assault .

I wonder at what point will Freo fans start shitting on Brayshaw like they do with Fyfe

Can't believe some of the bullshit spewed about Fyfe, seriously how do people let the jealous s**t that Eagles supporters started infect their mind, all because he was the clear best player in the competition and they had to bring him down some way.

Here's a news flash for everyone, Fyfe is a good leader, Fyfe is a good player and Fyfe isn't some stuck up s**t bloke, the worst thing he has done is be a bit quirky FFS.

Players have voted Fyfe into captaincy for the past 5 years and yet he still cops s**t from jealous? or just idiotic? people

I wonder at what point will Freo fans start shitting on Brayshaw like they do with Fyfe

Can't believe some of the bullshit spewed about Fyfe, seriously how do people let the jealous s**t that Eagles supporters started infect their mind, all because he was the clear best player in the competition and they had to bring him down some way.

Here's a news flash for everyone, Fyfe is a good leader, Fyfe is a good player and Fyfe isn't some stuck up s**t bloke, the worst thing he has done is be a bit quirky FFS.

Players have voted Fyfe into captaincy for the past 5 years and yet he still cops s**t from jealous? or just idiotic? people

The Fyfe bashing and stupid unqualified comments about him are one of the worst things on this board. Channel Eagle and the West Scum paper run an agenda and as it is said enough people start to buy into it. We are so lucky to have had and have Fyfe. If another young player played on a broken leg and tried to drag us into a GF they would be lauded forever.

Not only was he the clear best player in the comp, he is a generationally great player. Yet so many of ours take pot shots at him with little to no evidence. Pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually appreciate it when I meet a Freo supporter irl and they boldly declare that "Nah check how many games we've won this year without Fyfe, we're better off without him" because it makes it really easy to walk away and completely disregard any opinion they have about footy whatsoever. Absolute nuffies.

I am judging on what I have seen. JLo said publicly early in the season why Sturt wasn't playing and it was all to with effort and intensity rather than ability.
So if he lacks intensity and effort in comparison to Banfield, how can he be a better player?

Playing is more about intensity and effort than it is about ability or talent. If all that counted was ability to execute skills then Josh Simpson would have played 200 AFL games and Lauchie Schultz would be spending his career at Peel.

Nuclear is the solution to all of the problems, Australia is in a unique position to have the government control everything from mining to refining to power production and then storage.

But it's not on the table because.... technology older than the first footsteps on the moon was run into disaster by cowboys.
It's not on the table because solving problems isn't the end game here. 21st century environmentalism is merely a culture war fought on a different battlefield.

Last edited:
I actually appreciate it when I meet a Freo supporter irl and they boldly declare that "Nah check how many games we've won this year without Fyfe, we're better off without him" because it makes it really easy to walk away and completely disregard any opinion they have about footy whatsoever. Absolute nuffies.
I think about how valuable he would have been in that SF against Collingwood.

One of the big avenues for us to keep improving in 2023 is for Nat to have an uninterrupted and injury free pre-season so he can be fit for a full 26 rounds of footy.

Depends how they say it really: If they're saying that to put down Fyfe as if he's a detriment then they're flogs. If they're saying it as a means of complimenting the young core around him (i.e. We won a lot of games without him, we don't need him to win but imagine how good we'd be with him at his best) then it's a lot more accurate.

The only question I have on Fyfe going forward is how his body holds up. I don't think we'll ever see 2014/2015 or 2018/2019 Fyfe again but I don't think we need to. 70% Fyfe who starts as a Third tall and impacts in the middle 25-30% of the time would be impossible to completely defend and still one of the best players in the league (especially if he hits the scoreboard consistently). But can he stay on the park consistently enough to find and stay in that form? No doubts he can and will if he has a mostly full pre-season and strings some games together.

Nuclear is the solution to all of the problems, Australia is in a unique position to have the government control everything from mining to refining to power production and then storage.

But it's not on the table because.... technology older than the first footsteps on the moon was run into disaster by cowboys.
From what I've heard the biggest issue is time, it takes a very long time to build a nuclear power plant, and cost. The capital is huge and it won't be producing power for ~10 years during construction.

From what I've heard the biggest issue is time, it takes a very long time to build a nuclear power plant, and cost. The capital is huge and it won't be producing power for ~10 years during construction.

Most of that time is in navigation of government regulations and design changes on the fly.

This would be fixed with a typical design repeated in all locations operated by the government and not by private companies.

I mean I know it means literally nothing but goddamn the Bankwest logo looks horrendous on our polo shirts.
Playing jumpers are fine but these days I refuse to buy any other club gear that has advertising on it.

$80 for a shirt that doubles as a billboard is a bit of a joke.

Playing jumpers are fine but these days I refuse to buy any other club gear that has advertising on it.

$80 for a shirt that doubles as a billboard is a bit of a joke.
The playcorp gear without sponsors just look like Bali immitations to me. Each to their own.

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back