Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane needs to do more - but its coming along slowly as well. The criticism has been not effecting the score board enough. He has been doing that so now its moved to possessions. Im sure they will come up and it will move to something else. Its the cross the younguns must bare….
Still, a little more from each category would keep the louder ones quieter…..
I think people are forgetting he was a sub against Port in fact he's played pretty much 150% of a possible 200% game time in the last two games so basically in a game and a half of playing time he's scored 4 goals had 13 possessions (10 contested), and laid 8 tackles, not bad for a midsized forward in their 16/17th game.

He's scored as many goals as Hawkins the last two games! How's his spot in the team hard to justify? You crack me up NSFB....really no idea.
One is our FF who despite a poor couple of games and overall a poor season is still nearly averaging twice as many goals as SK.

So Kersten could easily be replaced by Smedts or Bartel across the half forward line. Both would be short odds to get more touches than Shane at the minute and both can play elsewhere as well whilst 1.1 goals per game wouldn't be hard to match either. If we assume 4 of Smedts/Kelly/Clark/Simpson/Bartel come in, feel free to find 4 to go out from the D's game lineup.

Hawkins on the other hand can be replaced by who? Walker will be CHF if Simpson plays, if not he'll be the back up ruckman....

One is our FF who despite a poor couple of games and overall a poor season is still nearly averaging twice as many goals as SK.
With way more opportunities every game. I mean our mids kick it to Hawkins pretty much every second forward 50 entry. So with limited opportunities Kersten has more than earned his spot in the team in the last two games. Luxford, Kolo,would go out for Kelly and Bartel. Clark is clearly suffering from his depression and the club is covering it up and Smedts doesn't deserve a game. It doesn't really matter who we bring in against the Roos because we'll get belted having had 3 weeks off; but my in's would be Simpson, Bartel, Jansen. Out: Luxford, Kolo, Lang.

Forgive me for starting to worry.

Reading the stuff posted above make me wonder about all the injuries Mitch has been having. Not looking like he is a person enjoying his role. It seemed that early issue in the Hawks game , then that game where he was shepherded away by CS.. I wouldn't be trading Walker away just yet cause Mitch looks no certainty to be at Geelong long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With way more opportunities every game. I mean our mids kick it to Hawkins pretty much every second forward 50 entry. So with limited opportunities Kersten has more than earned his spot in the team in the last two games. Luxford, Kolo,would go out for Kelly and Bartel. Clark is clearly suffering from his depression and the club is covering it up and Smedts doesn't deserve a game. It doesn't really matter who we bring in against the Roos because we'll get belted having had 3 weeks off; but my in's would be Simpson, Bartel, Jansen. Out: Luxford, Kolo, Lang.

Probably right changes to make and the right time to play young Jansen but include 2 experienced. Yep!

Or you could watch today's Injury Report on the website.
Ten will get you twenty it doesn't rate a mention. And that will be terrible news, of itself.

Having watched him play as a key forward - i think his biggest problem is hes slow - lacks agility - and if hes played as a key forward - what compounds the problem youve got Hawkins at full forward - i think there is only room for one of them - and thats Hawkins

You could put him in the ruck - but that West Coast game (which im trying to forget ) the 1st bounce to start the 3rd qtr - he just looked at Natanui - he didnt even bother to jump !

Hindsight is a great thing - but i think its been a wasted pick - Clark is basically a 1960s type footballer - an Allan Morrow Murray Weideman type - not quick - but they got away with it because there were heavy grounds

If clark can get himself in the right condition than he will be a great get for Geelong. Having 2 forwards of such high quality would be a nightmare for opposition sides to match up on especially as our midfield improves .He is also a perfect 2nd ruckman .

Don't forget when Collingwood had that awesome forward press in 2010 they had Cloke and Daws as their 2 key forwards with Brown often played as the 3rd tall.

Only one inherited a fantastic team already pre-built for him.

Really! All the good judges said that Geelong were done and dusted after they were spanked by Collingwood in the Preliminary Final of 2010.

Scott blooded a heap of kids and rested senior players going into the finals making them cherry ripe at the pointy end of the season, something that Thomson failed to do in the lead up to the 2008 series. And Thomson had only lost one game, so it is not as though the opportunity was not there to do so.

And it must be remembered that Mark Thomson looked like an ordinary coach for much of the first seven years of his career when playing a bunch of up and coming youngsters.

The stubborn refusal to grant credit for the 2011 premiership to Chris Scott by some on this board is really quite weird.

Last edited:
Walker is a bit of a dud I agree, but Kersten will be great in 30 to 50 games time he's clean has great skills and sacrifices his game so that others can score. Kersten is extremely underrated on this board nobody pays attention to the one percenters he does or the little moments of brilliance like this for example.

Sometimes I think that the problem is that people judge a perfomance only after they have looked at the stats. The number of possessions or goals in the appropriate column is the determiner of how well someone has played. I prefer to just watch the bloody game. As you say the 1%ers seem go unnoticed by a number on this board but coaches see them and they love them.

Not so sure about that BC. I'd say he's rated by most pretty appropriately - he's clearly talented; but also needs to do a little more. He's started popping up for 1-2 goals a game which is encouraging, but it'll be interesting to see what position he becomes best suited to. He's certainly not out of favour with Scott so he's going to get opportunities. I'd say he's treated reasonably around here.

Although.......

Walker & Kersten are dud players been given enough game time & results have been poor

And keep in mind that he is a 22 year old who has only played 17 games. He has been restricted by knee and hamstring injuries. As stated by someone above, we will have a better idea of where he sits when he has about 50 games under his belt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back