Entertainment & Music Most overrated bands of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

I might have agreed with you, but the other day I played 'Paranoid' to a bunch of 16 year olds (I'm a teacher) who hadn't heard it while going through a whole bunch of 70's music with them, and they all thought it was the best song of all that I played in 90 minutes. None of them had heard it before, either, and most of them are into rubbish autotuned modern pop rubbish.
Paranoid is a killer song tho. Again, when saying something is overrated it's more that their body of work isn't all that great tho they might have a killer track or album.

giphy.gif
Sabotage is a killer track tho.

Your opinion and all but really? They've been known as one of the best live bands going around. Anthony's vocals I can agree on but the band is top notch. Not a fan of their work after 2000 either, 90's and earlier were the best.

Well in fairness to them in 96 I think they were all strung out on substances, in 2001 they were nearly breaking up and in 2008 they were coming off a s**t album and played only pretty much Californication onwards stuff. I don't know, I've just never found them a great unit, like I said individually good musicians but just something, missing, I dunno. I have seen shitloads of bands, usually more of a metal fan but do like rock stuff as well. But yeah, I just rather listen to their albums.

Well in fairness to them in 96 I think they were all strung out on substances, in 2001 they were nearly breaking up and in 2008 they were coming off a s**t album and played only pretty much Californication onwards stuff. I don't know, I've just never found them a great unit, like I said individually good musicians but just something, missing, I dunno. I have seen shitloads of bands, usually more of a metal fan but do like rock stuff as well. But yeah, I just rather listen to their albums.

Surely Under the Bridge is GG's favourite song?

Bands that are definitely not overrated... Ramones, Iron Maiden, Megadeth + Metallica, AC/DC, Scorpions

All IMO of course.

I'll pay them, especially Iron Maiden, they are the best live band I've ever seen, ******* flawless. After I saw them in Melbourne on the 666 doco apparently Bruce and Steve Harris had the runs and Adrian Smith's guitar tone was "terrible", wonder what they're like on a good night ha ha.

Another one for the overrated pile is Jimi Hendrix. Great songwriter but he's not universally the best guitarist ever (if there is such a thing), Stevie Ray Vaughan played his songs better than he did anyway.

I'm sure I won't be the first to mention them in this thread, but the ******* Foo Fighters are the most overrated band of my lifetime. I used to love them in my younger years but everybody is riding their dick so hard that I find them unbearable now.

I'm sure I won't be the first to mention them in this thread, but the ******* Foo Fighters are the most overrated band of my lifetime. I used to love them in my younger years but everybody is riding their dick so hard that I find them unbearable now.
Agreed. In fact, I found them unbearable from the outset. Dick ridden is exactly what they are, from the very outset, the natural spill over adoration from Nirvana's demise. Never liked them.

I think the cult of Dave Grohl actually overshadows the Foo Fighters music.

Musically, they're on par with Nickelback. If anything, maybe more pop/radio friendly. Luckily, Nickleback have some of the worse lyrics ever, so they're the butt of all the jokes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D'Year Mak'ER is the only one I can think of, but ofcource they must have stolen that off some poor blind no name Rustafarean man in some seedy Kingston bar at some point.
Like the old gag.
Man 1. Took the missus on a Carribean holiday.
Man 2. Really, Jamaica?
Man 1. No, she wanted to go.
Boom, tsh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back