Murray FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is on that money I can tell you. The rumors may floating around but I can assure you they are not on anything near that. And the next best in on half that so don't believe all the rumors.

Not even one of this years recruits that told ex-team mates and other clubs talking to him what the figure was?

Not even one of this years recruits that told ex-team mates and other clubs talking to him what the figure was?

perhaps he thought it was better for them if they thought he was letting them down for money than love?? These days if you say you're going to play with mates they assume you're lying so go the other way
and overstate the figure. It's Jerilderie everyone wants to believe that anyway.
Let's not give credit to a club that has done great things with predominantly there own.
Shame on you ark we are on the mfl thread here show some solidarity FFS.

perhaps he thought it was better for them if they thought he was letting them down for money than love?? These days if you say you're going to play with mates they assume you're lying so go the other way
and overstate the figure. It's Jerilderie everyone wants to believe that anyway.
Let's not give credit to a club that has done great things with predominantly there own.
Shame on you ark we are on the mfl thread here show some solidarity FFS.

Haha good one

So big Kev...you know rumbas goings on? Cupidioy wasn't on $100,000... I suggest you get your facts straights before slandering people. Every club pays big money. Nathalias premiership from two year ago wasn't won on a shoe string budget along with most teams in the league.
I was told that Cupido was on 80k last season, and requested and was granted 90k for this season.
Lovett-Murray $1,400 a game.
Dick $1,200 a game.
That's roughly $127,000 just for them 3. You would assume that other recruits such as Leon Johnson wouldn't have came for peanuts, so Rumbas salary cap last year would've been in excess of $160,000.... That's in the same ball park as most GV clubs.

(Assuming my source is reliable, given that his best mate plays at rumba I would say it is)

I was told that Cupido was on 80k last season, and requested and was granted 90k for this season.
Dick $1,200 a game.
That's roughly $127,000 just for them 3. You would assume that other recruits such as Leon Johnson wouldn't have came for peanuts, so Rumbas salary cap last year would've been in excess of $160,000.... That's in the same ball park as most GV clubs.

(Assuming my source is reliable, given that his best mate plays at rumba I would say it is)

Mate not sure who you source is but I played for rumba last year, and was there when we were struggling too and without any predgidest what so ever I can say Cupido was a first year coach and definitively wasnt on 80k, it was well below that. Well below. We had 3 players on more then 800 a game, and they didn't play every game either. We were lucky we got injuries because as it happened financially it worked out in our favour. We definitely spent money, no question about it, but it's not as much as most would assume. In respect to everyone involved out there at the moment I'd rather not give an exact figure, but thankfully it was worth it in the end because we got the chocolates and I got my medal ;)

Dick $1,200 a game.

Had heard similar , at 160000 that's an average of around $425 per player per game. It's a lot of money and good on them they won it (just) the sane average applied to the side they beat would be around $200. Hate to think if you applies it to barooga who finished 4th.

Dick $1,200 a game.

wow if Lovett murray and dick got payed that to play 12 games each I rekon rumba done alright! so that's around the 31k mark to have 2 guys fresh off afl lists(according to your reliable source). I just don't see cupido getting close to 5k a game to coach if u can get Lovett murray for 1400 a game(according to your reliable source)

wow if Lovett murray and dick got payed that to play 12 games each I rekon rumba done alright! so that's around the 31k mark to have 2 guys fresh off afl lists(according to your reliable source). I just don't see cupido getting close to 5k a game to coach if u can get Lovett murray for 1400 a game(according to your reliable source)

Maybe Lovett murray recognised this too and left ?

Had heard similar , at 160000 that's an average of around $425 per player per game. It's a lot of money and good on them they won it (just) the sane average applied to the side they beat would be around $200. Hate to think if you applies it to barooga who finished 4th.[/QUOTE

You lost move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys what does Cupido's coaching role involve? I'm guessing he lives in the area.
It does seem like a lot of money but is he involved with recruiting, juniors, getting sponsors, engaging the community etc.. If the answers to all this is yes well it's probably deserved. Also is their a 3rd party involved in this payment??
I understand it's a lot of $$ but it's going outside just coaching and more of a full time job.
In the EDFL Keilor coach Mick McGuane is supposely on a big amount (rumours are $60-70k) but he does more than the average coach and is always around the place and the best coach in the league if not metro footy.. He handles recruiting, coaching a junior side on a Sunday, speaks at a few pre game luncheons etc..
In the end if your club finds its the right fit and they are getting a return then I personally don't see a problem with it.

Guys what does Cupido's coaching role involve? I'm guessing he lives in the area.
It does seem like a lot of money but is he involved with recruiting, juniors, getting sponsors, engaging the community etc.. If the answers to all this is yes well it's probably deserved. Also is their a 3rd party involved in this payment??
I understand it's a lot of $$ but it's going outside just coaching and more of a full time job.
In the EDFL Keilor coach Mick McGuane is supposely on a big amount (rumours are $60-70k) but he does more than the average coach and is always around the place and the best coach in the league if not metro footy.. He handles recruiting, coaching a junior side on a Sunday, speaks at a few pre game luncheons etc..
In the end if your club finds its the right fit and they are getting a return then I personally don't see a problem with it.

Fair point. And great work if you can get it

For the record I'm not involved with either of the 2 clubs mentioned and have limited knowledge of the Murray League.
I am a strong believer in clubs employing a footy manager/director on a salary if you don't have anyone at the club willing to do this role. Country & Metro footy has just taken off over recent years and there is a lot of money involved. Some clubs only take an interest in big sponsors but what if the a Footy Manager was to get 10 businesses to put in $2000, 4 x $5000 , 2 x $10000. This is $60,000. Take out his salary of 25k and that's 35k into your clubs budget..
Yes $2000 is not a lot but it adds up. My point is if someone has the time and passion it could be a good role for someone.
Now you also need to engage these sponsors/businesses and invite them to games, functions etc and be the person who looks after them. This is very important to keep them on board for years to come.
I think some clubs now just want "big" sponsors and can overlook the smaller ones but having said all this it takes effort and time and it's to much for an average volunteer on a commitee..

On my previous post if these high paid coaches are doing all this, then there coaching payments seem fair..
A good capt/coach (with Afl or VFL experience) is worth between 40-50k.
Without afl or VFL experience 25-40k

A good coach is between 20-30k.

Apoligies if anyone has found this to be boring dribble...

For the record I'm not involved with either of the 2 clubs mentioned and have limited knowledge of the Murray League.
I am a strong believer in clubs employing a footy manager/director on a salary if you don't have anyone at the club willing to do this role. Country & Metro footy has just taken off over recent years and there is a lot of money involved. Some clubs only take an interest in big sponsors but what if the a Footy Manager was to get 10 businesses to put in $2000, 4 x $5000 , 2 x $10000. This is $60,000. Take out his salary of 25k and that's 35k into your clubs budget..
Yes $2000 is not a lot but it adds up. My point is if someone has the time and passion it could be a good role for someone.
Now you also need to engage these sponsors/businesses and invite them to games, functions etc and be the person who looks after them. This is very important to keep them on board for years to come.
I think some clubs now just want "big" sponsors and can overlook the smaller ones but having said all this it takes effort and time and it's to much for an average volunteer on a commitee..

On my previous post if these high paid coaches are doing all this, then there coaching payments seem fair..

Interesting read. To some towns with populations of say 1600 a sponsor of 2k is a large one.

Interesting read. To some towns with populations of say 1600 a sponsor of 2k is a large one.

Hey Big Kev,
Understand but could someone obtain a sponsor from a bigger city (even Melb) if they were prepared to make some enquires.
Some companies might not like handing over cash, so ask for training tops with their logo. They can do them and send them across to you. In the end it's all money..
What about 50 supporters jackets. You sell them for $60 each. That's $3000.

A few years back I got a sponsor to do me jackets, all from a 5 min email enquiry. And that was for a cricket team I played for..

Mate I know it's not easy just creating some discussion.

Hey Big Kev,
Understand but could someone obtain a sponsor from a bigger city (even Melb) if they were prepared to make some enquires.
Some companies might not like handing over cash, so ask for training tops with their logo. They can do them and send them across to you. In the end it's all money..
What about 50 supporters jackets. You sell them for $60 each. That's $3000.

A few years back I got a sponsor to do me jackets, all from a 5 min email enquiry. And that was for a cricket team I played for..

Mate I know it's not easy just creating some discussion.

Not knocking you mate it's a great idea and if you can do it great. There all great ideas and I'm sure the small bus would love a big sponsor no matter where they are from in the smaller towns you have cricket clubs , drama clubs , bowling clubs , community events etc and the small amount of business give am enormous amount. At the end of the day some of these smaller clubs are still putting very good sides on the park which is a credit to them and are beating some of the big spenders regularly.

Great concept. In my area Deniliquin this role would work well across a zone. So say just example deni rams, Deni rovers, Blighty. Not just supporting senior coaches but junior coaches and pooling sponsorship dollars across the three (sponsor getting more exposure across 3 clubs likely to attract more interest IMO).
Finley berrigan Toc maybe or Jerilderie whoever might be another good mix.
All clubs could contribute something and attract a good candidate.
Maybe a bit pie in the sky but would be worth discussion IMO.

Dick $1,200 a game.

hahaha...far from it. your mate, must be smoking something very strong. how do I know, I am very close with paul briggs, I am actually his son in law and I am well aware of what our budget is....its no where near $160,000. if you guys are going to bag cupido out or spread rumours, I suggest you put a name to your post or are you all gutless? key board warriors at best and put up or shut up. signed brad boon.

hahaha...far from it. your mate, must be smoking something very strong. how do I know, I am very close with paul briggs, I am actually his son in law and I am well aware of what our budget is....its no where near $160,000. if you guys are going to bag cupido out or spread rumours, I suggest you put a name to your post or are you all gutless? key board warriors at best and put up or shut up. signed brad boon.

Don't think anyone is bagging cupido or trying to be a keyboard warrior either.

The ex afl players would be on close to 1000 per game atleast they offered a Finley player who signed there last year 800 who ended up back in Finley on half that. They are a talented team that spend why deny it good on them and they won the flag. No one is bagging them it was just a discussion. As is a fact that barooga spend A LOT each year. Hank has been one of the better posters on murray league footy for a lonnng time and I for one usually find his info and opinions pretty close to the mark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back