Murray FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woweee! What a weekend of footy!!!!!!!!
Firstly Congrats to Paul Newman on his Ton. Great achievement! And congrats also to Cobram on finally getting a win its been a long time between wins for the team over there but I'm sure the boys will be enjoying the night after finally shaking the monkey off their backs!
Now, can someone give me a run down of the Purps Vs lions game? Have the lions dropped off?
Have the Purps hit their straps at the right time of the season?
Or is their a rivalry between these clubs that just seems to not make sense some times??

I'm surprised this hasn't happen sooner, but-

Premiers?

Runner up?

League bnf?

Runner up?

Biggest surprise of the season?

And 2 new ones-

Best field to play on?

Worst field to play on?

Premiers?

Runner up?

League bnf?

Runner up?

And 2 new ones-

Best field to play on?

Worst field to play on?

Hurts me to say it being a born and bred Mulwala supporter, but the Purps are going to touch us up and walk straight into the granny, from there they will be very hard to beat!

Not sure what the go is with us, just a shadow of the way they were playing a month or so ago!

Mulwala have probably been the most consistent side in the league since 2000 with I think only 3 seasons I can remember where they did not make the finals, but no flag success since 1990 and multiple grand final appearances.

Earlier in the year the feel around the place was pulsating, but if they can turn their from around in the week off and give this thing a crack it would be massive for a club that has always been a powerhouse of the competition, that never gets the chocolates

Premiers?

Runner up?

League bnf?

Runner up?

And 2 new ones-

Best field to play on?

Worst field to play on?

From a grounds point of view you can not go past the facilities of Barooga. The ground is beautiful, plenty of parking, not great but okay facilities, should really host the grand final in my opinion.

Though Moama did a fantastic job of the grand final it would have to be the the least central location and with Mulwala in the top 2 an hour and 40 trip to a Grandfinal is gonna take a hit in the crowd

My pick for grandfinal is Nathalia v winner of rumba - moama elimination final , barring big injuries I think rumba or moama both could win four straight and take the chocolates , but top two are in poll position !

My pick for grandfinal is Nathalia v winner of rumba - moama elimination final , barring big injuries I think rumba or moama both could win four straight and take the chocolates , but top two are in poll position !

Mulwala have to pull something of of the bag quick smart if they want to avoid going out in straight sets, let alone mounting a serious case!

Would not be a fan of Moama getting to play a home grand final considering the ground size to our home is vastly different

Mulwala have to pull something of of the bag quick smart if they want to avoid going out in straight sets, let alone mounting a serious case!

Would not be a fan of Moama getting to play a home grand final considering the ground size to our home is vastly different
Grigg has to be in some doubt to get through next week let alone 4 games in a row, and they cant win it without him in my opinion. Agree Nathalia to go straight in, Mulwala out in straight sets with the winner of the 3-6 knock out rounds to playoff v Nathalia at Moama

Grigg has to be in some doubt to get through next week let alone 4 games in a row, and they cant win it without him in my opinion. Agree Nathalia to go straight in, Mulwala out in straight sets with the winner of the 3-6 knock out rounds to playoff v Nathalia at Moama

Wouldn't put Barooga out of the picture yet either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you written off your own side already Hank?

Who means the most to their respective sides Newman to tonny, or grigg to moama ?
I think both sides need them playing to Win the flag, going on the weekends result you could probably mount a case Newman is more important, as Moama won without Grigg.

Now you would say United, but gee I, and a majority had Deni playing finals at the start of the season!

Yes I agree, I had Deni pinned as a definite contender in the pre-season, but I also had Finley up there as well, and after being consistently in the finals and to the big dance, I thought they'd be around the mark come season's end. but it's not to be, and they get to have they footy trip early.

Moama on the other hand are shaping up to be a genuine contender for the Flag. I actually think that they are the biggest chance to take out the premiership this season, with or without big Gus. I think they're not to be underestimated and have only gotten better with every game they've played. The same can be said about Nathalia, but in the majority of the close games (scoring wise) they've played, they've lost. Their track record of recent weeks is they have smashed teams, and although it's good to be able to feel like that, they have lacked a real challenge. But its a different ball game in finals and I think if a team can stay in touch by the end of the 3rd, they'll struggle to get the win.

On other news I see the points system has come up again in todays Shepp News, I've most likely missed it but is it definitely being introduced into the MFL next year?

Murray League footy has been great to watch again this season, Here are my picks.....

Premiers?
Rumbalara

Runner up?
Nathalia

League bnf? Archard (Moama) or Paul Newman (Tongala)

Runner up? Archard (Moama) or Paul Newman (Tongala) or Clay McCarthy (Rumbalara)

Biggest surprise of the season? Finley not making finals

And 2 new ones-

Best field to play on?
Barooga or Rumbalara

Worst field to play on? Not sure all grounds seemed pretty good when I played on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back