Murray Football League (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League - Part 2

Matt Davies took out Nathalia's B & F last night by about 20 odd votes from Drew Barnes.

Ian Fulton won the ressies from johno tamburro

Briony Gemmill won the A Grade netball

Nathan Trimby Announced as the new coach for 09
Matty is probably one of the most consistent, hard at it players in the Nathalia side, and because of this and the number of players that were in and out of the side all year, he played a full season and played well in every game. It's also great to see the club allowing the local boys a chance to coach and gain some inavaluable experience.

a few questions. any feedback would be much appreciated.

- any movements in and/or out of numurkah footy club for '09

- which of the moama boys will be returning to sunbury?

- any barooga players returning to shepp bears in '09?

news from Numurkah - Chris O'Dwyer to coach
as for recruits news should be out in a few days of a couple that have signed up in the last week.
Pre season kicks off on monday before Melb cup

Coaches for 2009:
Moama:
Barooga:
Nathalia: Nathan Trimby
Rumbalara:
Tongala: Daryl Harrison
Numurkah: Chris O'Dwyer
Deniliquin Rams: Gary Parsons
Cobram:
Tocumwal:
Mulwala:
Echuca United: Duane Hueston
Congupna: Travis Hampshire
Finley:

Coaches for 2009:
Moama:?
Barooga:McNamara name has been strongly mentioned.
icon12.gif

Rumbalara: ?
Cobram:Jason Kerr re-appointed
Tocumwal:Big bald headed Ruckman???
icon12.gif

Mulwala:?
Finley:
These are the rumours doing the rounds can any one confirm or add to them

Coaches for 2009:
Moama: We'll know this time next week.
Barooga: Paul Scanlon? McNamara?
Rumbalara: Djaren Whyman?
Cobram: Jason Kerr?
Tocumwal: Anthony Mellington?
Mulwala: Nathan Parker?
Finley: I know they have appointed someone from QLD but cannot remember his name.

I've added a few that I have heard about. Can anyone else on here shed some light?

Callum Urch for Moama?;)

Up in mo town on weekend giving the boat a run and dropped into the local for few. Blokes talking about how the footy club hasn't reappointed the coach from this year and a few leaving, so above quote could be on the money!

Mark "Mud" O'Meara will be coaching Rumbalara again. Announced at the Presentation night last month.

Callum Urch for Moama?;)
That's a fairly specific rumour, grac! Don't tell me they're doing it all over again? If so, learning from their mistakes has been taken to a whole new level. Perhaps Urch will bring a couple from Williamstown with him and the club will dish out more coin? Only speculation of course. ;)

Coaches for 2009:
Moama: We'll know this time next week.
Barooga: Paul Scanlon? McNamara?
Rumbalara: Djaren Whyman?
Cobram: Jason Kerr?
Tocumwal: Anthony Mellington?
Finley: I know they have appointed someone from QLD but cannot remember his name.

Simon Kenny (ex-North Albury) is coaching Finley. Kerry has been reappointed @ Cobram. Bull Atikinson is apparently heading back to the area, being linked to Toc (not sure if that is in a coaching capacity). Still not sure what's happening with our blokes. Hopefully will be rectified ASAP. Know that the interview process is not far off, along with seeing who is coming back to the nest in '09!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have read many threads and everybody continues to bang on about money, money, money!!! I just wish everybody could accept that we have entered the days where money will always be an issue... whatever you do there will always be ways around it!! Just look at the GAA in Ireland. Its an amateur sport but everybody is getting paid in other forms, whether that be clothing, property etc.
Time to just accept that you have a person that devotes a lot of time to fundraising- whether they are paid or unpaid and go out and make the money so that you can buy success..
No football club that won a premiership this year can say they didn't pay some good dollars. Lets all just accept it and get over it,...

Coaches for 2009:
Moama: Callum Urch? We'll know this time next week.
Barooga: Paul Scanlon? McNamara? Big_hawk?
Rumbalara: Mark O'Meara
Cobram: Jason Kerr
Tocumwal: Anthony Mellington? Bull Atkinson?
Finley: Simon Kenny

I heard about Bull Atkinson returning to Toc yesterday, but the same rumour was circulating this time last year.

Coaches for 2009:
Moama: Callum Urch? We'll know this time next week.
Barooga: Paul Scanlon? McNamara? Big_hawk?
Rumbalara: Mark O'Meara
Cobram: Jason Kerr
Tocumwal: Anthony Mellington? Bull Atkinson?
Finley: Simon Kenny

I heard about Bull Atkinson returning to Toc yesterday, but the same rumour was circulating this time last year.

Toc is talking to Atkinson to try and get him to return

I have it on good authority that Moama has approached Adrian Dohnt to coach next yr... there will be a massive turnover at moama because i've been told they have about a $50,000 debt and they haven't been able to pay ya whymans, ya keams etc so they are leaving... the rationale behind asking dohnt to coach is he might do it cheap i suppose

Toc is talking to Atkinson to try and get him to return

I have it on good authority that Moama has approached Adrian Dohnt to coach next yr... there will be a massive turnover at moama because i've been told they have about a $50,000 debt and they haven't been able to pay ya whymans, ya keams etc so they are leaving... the rationale behind asking dohnt to coach is he might do it cheap i suppose
With the coin he's on at Echuca, not likely!!

Was having a beer with Parks on Saturday night and he is going around as Muls coach again next year. He is confident they will be getting Stevo and James back to!
Meaning Lee James and Michael Stevens? Did he say that they'd be spending a heap this year or keeping their spending pretty mid range?

Meaning Lee James and Michael Stevens? Did he say that they'd be spending a heap this year or keeping their spending pretty mid range?

Yeah Lee James and Michael Stevens. We didnt talk about what they were going to be spending but to get those 2 blokes back it wont be cheap.

Yeah Lee James and Michael Stevens. We didnt talk about what they were going to be spending but to get those 2 blokes back it wont be cheap.
Yeah true that. I don't think they should go down that path again. They would probably be better off fostering their younger blokes who stood up well this year and maybe get a couple of key players who aren't going to be so pricey. Is Stevens still living on the lake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back