Murray Football League - Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League (Part 5)

Some interesting news came to hand late last night with news that Barooga have signed Ex Bris lion, Richmond utility Rory Hilton !!!!!!!!!!

Obviously still not quite up to there quota yet there at the hawks... Will be interesting to see what the local home grown players think of this latest signing !!! Cause quite clearly Rory Hilton will not come for nothing.

Rumour around is that there are alot of people at the club atm VERY unhappy with Shane Harvey does not hang around after games, social functions etc. (may have been to 1 social function)

The hawks have lead at 3/4 time in every single game yet they have only won two......... Maybe the backline have been watching to much AFL on tv with he chipping crap that have seen them blow 3 sizable leads....

It will be interesting to see what you think of all this BIG HAWK ???
I still think they will just scrape into the finals but i think they need to get wriggle on

Cheers :thumbsu:

Not a new situation, get used to it.... and if you win the premiership.... don't have your hearts set on your star turning up to the Presentation Night !

Nearing the halfway mark of the year anyone like to make some predictions for end of the year? Here's mine to kick things off:
Premiers: Cobram
Runners up: Numurkah
League medal: Matt Dwyer
Goal Kicker: Rob Osbourne
Rising Star: one of the Buzza boys

Nearing the halfway mark of the year anyone like to make some predictions for end of the year? Here's mine to kick things off:
Premiers: Cobram
Runners up: Numurkah
League medal: Matt Dwyer
Goal Kicker: Rob Osbourne
Rising Star: one of the Buzza boys

Premiers: Cobram/Numurkah/Moama
Runners up: Cobram/Numurkah/Moama/Mulwayla
League Medal:John Lucas
Goal Kicker: Grigg/Osborne
Rising Star: ??

Its still a bit early to say but I rekon the game between Numurkah and Cobram in 2 weeks will be a great one. Both sides are going very well but will be the hardest game of the year for them. Dont no if Numurkah are getting any players back from injury but I do no that Cobram are getting Captain Simon Rudd back (GUN) and James Murray (strong backman) back into there side which will put a bit of pressure on a few other players.

they deserve it because they work hard to get their money, and continually try to improve, toc did it last year, splurged their money and now are back to crap again, at least barooga always have a strong team, and i like big hawk, if finley cant win one yet then im hoping barooga can
That is one of the worst quotes i have ever read on bigfooty !

Premiers:Cobram
Runner up: Barooga
League Medal: Sam Lloyd
Leading Goal-Kicking: Rob Osbourne
Rising-Star: Tommy Buzza or Michael Tinkler

That is one of the worst quotes i have ever read on bigfooty !
im surrprised you can read STEWY , i have no affiliation with barooga but they always put a good team on the paddock and their sponsors support them, they must be doing something right. a lot of clubs very jealous that they cant do the same. i posted that last week, did it take you that long to read it all

Premiers: Cobram/Numurkah/Moama
Runners up: Cobram/Numurkah/Moama/Mulwayla
League Medal:John Lucas
Goal Kicker: Grigg/Osborne
Rising Star: ??

Its still a bit early to say but I rekon the game between Numurkah and Cobram in 2 weeks will be a great one. Both sides are going very well but will be the hardest game of the year for them. Dont no if Numurkah are getting any players back from injury but I do no that Cobram are getting Captain Simon Rudd back (GUN) and James Murray (strong backman) back into there side which will put a bit of pressure on a few other players.
Having seen Numurkah, Moama and Cobram in the first 6 rounds, I would say that the Blues appear to be the most complete outfit. Dwyer, Miller and Sprunt all guns through the midfield, several targets up forward and a solid no-frills back six.

Having heard that Dwyer is maybe going overseas later in the year?? Any truth to this TimBurr?

Dwyer out sometime next month, but they expect to add Luke Cowan around the same time, will lose impetus through the midfield but add another forward, no way of replacing Dwyer as he would be the best player in the league at this point in time. With Dwyer gone they may push Browny back into the middle for longer periods.

Good luck to the Murray FL Representative sides tomorrow in Bendigo. Does anyone know the make-up of the sides? Interesting format in the U18s. Hopefully the boys give a good account of themselves, showing off the great competition we have going! Once again good luck to Trants, China and the players and staff who will combine to bring home a win for the MFL!!!:footy::footy::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Good luck to the Murray FL Representative sides tomorrow in Bendigo. Does anyone know the make-up of the sides? Interesting format in the U18s. Hopefully the boys give a good account of themselves, showing off the great competition we have going! Once again good luck to Trants, China and the players and staff who will combine to bring home a win for the MFL!!!:footy::footy::thumbsu::thumbsu:

U/18 format was through the Gippsland league not fielding an U/18 side against Bendigo, so instead of Bendigo missing out on a game they went with each side playing a half against each other.

Bellarine Side

B Mark Clayton(Torquay) Trevor Edwards(Geelong Amateur) Jacob Fahey(Barwon Heads)
HB Brett Dowie(Drysdale) Josh Finch(Modewarre) Aaron Hassett(Anglesea)
C Anthony Fagan (Geelong Amateur) Tom Limb(Queenscliff) Tim Clark(Geelong Amateur)
HF Adam Leslie(Modewarre) Chris Mamalis(Modewarre) Luke Matthews(Drysdale)
F Edward Grout(Queenscliff) Bernie Lynch(Ocean Grove) Daniel Gage(Drysdale)
R James McTaggart(Ocean Grove)Lucas Murphy(Barwon Heads)
James Dalton(Ocean Grove)
Int (from): Jeremy Power (Barwon Heads), Luke Orvis (Queenscliff),
Mitchell Scott (Drysdale), Nathan Pettigrove (Queenscliff), Marcus Smith
(Anglesea), David McLeish (Torquay).

Murray League Side:

B Kane BOYER Mark HAWKINS Josh BELL

HB Tom CRAPP Bernard PRICE Sean ROBINSON

C Charlie EDMONTSON Nick O’BRYAN Shane MILLER

HF Duane HUESTON (c) Michael DOUGLAS Angus GRIGG

F Lee JAMES Greg MEYLAND Tim HARGREAVES(vc)

Rucks
Tyson SAUNDERS
James SCAMBLER
Matt HYDE

Inter: Andrew DOUGLAS Matt JACKSON John LUCAS Tim DOYLE Ryan HUDSON

Seniors:
Murray FL 15.14-104def. Bellarine FL 9.11-65
Murray FL
Goal Kickers: T. Hargreaves 3, D. Hueston 3, A. Grigg 2, L. James 2, J. Scambler 2, A. Douglas , C. Edmonston , J. Lucas
Best Players: T. Saunders, S. Robinson, K. Boyer, T. Hargreaves, R. Hudson, J. Lucas

U18:
Bendigo FL 9.3-57 def. Murray FL 4.6-30

Bendigo FL
Goal Kickers: D. Symons 2, J. Boyer 2, R. Dickens 2, Z. PLANT , A. Code , L. Crosbie
Best Players: Z. PLANT, D. Symons, P. Prime, A. Coad, S. Wilkie, D. McFarlane​

Murray FL 2.5-17 def. by Bellarine FL 11.11-77

Murray FL
Goal Kickers: J. Wilson , J. Cantwell , A. Morris , L. Thorp , M. Tucker
Best Players: T. Buzza, D. Buzza, J. Cantwell, R. Gittens, A. Hickey, A. Ryan
Bellarine FL
Goal Kickers: B. Muir 3, B. Henderson 2, E. Long 2, A. Gross 2, D. Johnson , L. Muir
Best Players: A. Wootten, A. Gross, M. Baden, M. Evans, S. Lucas

Well done to the Seniors on a solid win!!!! Great stuff![/LEFT]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having seen Numurkah, Moama and Cobram in the first 6 rounds, I would say that the Blues appear to be the most complete outfit. Dwyer, Miller and Sprunt all guns through the midfield, several targets up forward and a solid no-frills back six.

Having heard that Dwyer is maybe going overseas later in the year?? Any truth to this TimBurr?

Yeah heading o/s in 5 weeks but will most likely back for finals if we make it which is obviously very likely. Lukey back in in a few weeks will be a massive plus. Welll done to latch and the buzza boys for getting best in both games.

Thumbs down to WinTV, we are a major league and get ignored time and time again,
No coverage on tonights news, why would we expect anything else?

Well done to Peter White's boys.

Thumbs down to WinTV, we are a major league and get ignored time and time again,
No coverage on tonights news, why would we expect anything else?

Well done to Peter White's boys.

Totally agree Blues fan! Couldn't believe that the MFL didn't receive any coverage for the interleague yet they were more than happy to cover home and away matches for the PDFL and KDFL????? Got their priorities right there (NOT!!!):thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
What was the reasoning behind only a handful of clubs being represented in the team??? Very interested to know why there were no members from Deniliquin (5th) or Tocumwal(last year's premiers), especially coming off recent byes??? Mulwala, Moama, Numurkah, Barooga, Congupna, Cobram, Finley and Echuca were all represented. Anyone fill in the missing pieces?:cool:

Totally agree Blues fan! Couldn't believe that the MFL didn't receive any coverage for the interleague yet they were more than happy to cover home and away matches for the PDFL and KDFL????? Got their priorities right there (NOT!!!):thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
What was the reasoning behind only a handful of clubs being represented in the team??? Very interested to know why there were no members from Deniliquin (5th) or Tocumwal(last year's premiers), especially coming off recent byes??? Mulwala, Moama, Numurkah, Barooga, Congupna, Cobram, Finley and Echuca were all represented. Anyone fill in the missing pieces?:cool:

Deni had 5 selected in the initial squad and all made themselves unavailable for varying reasons, being injuries, unavailable or just not wanting to play.
Toc I think had 3 and was the same.

Yeah heading o/s in 5 weeks but will most likely back for finals if we make it which is obviously very likely. Lukey back in in a few weeks will be a massive plus. Welll done to latch and the buzza boys for getting best in both games.

Boy I hope he does come back, hes a gun, have not seen a player work as hard as he does :thumbsu:

Big Hawk, rumour coming out of Melb, Harvey is not enjoying his footy at Barooga, the travel and fact he doest train, true or fiction.

Big Hawk, rumour coming out of Melb, Harvey is not enjoying his footy at Barooga, the travel and fact he doest train, true or fiction.
News to me Pinocchio. Harvs would be under a fair bit of pressure to perform week in, week out and fair enough too. When you put your hand out for coin, expectations rise. He has been a solid contributor for the Hawks in the first 7 rounds. If the expectations from others are too high, I'm not sure if that's getting to him or not. Only he can answer that. The travel situation is never ideal and not sure if he is 100% fit as he looks in a fair bit of discomfort during recent games. Hopefully the couple of weeks off will revitalise the body and Harvs will reach the level he wants to be at.

Another big signing by Barooga, Rory Hilton ex Richmond if my memory serves me correct.

On MFL website today.

some big games this weekend, all teams come fresh off after a weeks rest.
what are everyones tips?
mine are as selected,
FINLEY v. Rumba
Deni v. TONGALA
MULWALA .v Nathalia
Congupna v. COBRAM
NUMURKAH v. Moama
Toacumwal v. ECHUCA

some big games this weekend, all teams come fresh off after a weeks rest.
what are everyones tips?
mine are as selected,
FINLEY v. Rumba
Deni v. TONGALA
MULWALA .v Nathalia
Congupna v. COBRAM
NUMURKAH v. Moama
Toacumwal v. ECHUCA

Yeah sounds about right, probably would go Deni over Tonny, and Numurkah and Moama should be a beauty.

News to me Pinocchio. Harvs would be under a fair bit of pressure to perform week in, week out and fair enough too. When you put your hand out for coin, expectations rise. He has been a solid contributor for the Hawks in the first 7 rounds. If the expectations from others are too high, I'm not sure if that's getting to him or not. Only he can answer that. The travel situation is never ideal and not sure if he is 100% fit as he looks in a fair bit of discomfort during recent games. Hopefully the couple of weeks off will revitalise the body and Harvs will reach the level he wants to be at.

Never trained and travelled further when he was at Wakool so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back