My photos from the 2008 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a lot of photographs and video from the 2008 Grand Final, including the after-party presentation at Fed Square. It'll probably take me a couple of days to upload them all, but let's get started now, hey! :D

The match-day photographs are taken from M56, Row X, so deep in the foward pocket at the Punt Road end of the ground.

Pre-match

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

There is only one thing on Buddy's mind:

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

Unfortunately, he is not successful.

I have a heap more to upload and share with you, so stay tuned! :D

Cheers dixie :thumbsu:

Look forward to the fed square footage. Couldn't get the little one with pram in tow into the crush. Like the anthem shot too, from Q21 you couldn't see both teams lines up due to the ridiculous massive team flags (they were good for pre-match but should have been down for the anthem), anyway good stuff.

some great pics there Dixie, looking forward to the video footage

Awesome pics Dixie! Thanks for sharing. Look fwd to more. :thumbsu:

Have some to post (when I get a chance to process them from RAW) - should I do it in a seperate post, or should we pool them in this one?

Also - trying to work out how to add an album (when I go into User Control Panel - help says there should be an 'add album' link - there is not. Unless I am blind. Which is entirely possible. Also - is that the best way to post pics - when you try to add pics to a post it asks for a URL - I am assuming it is asking for the URL of an album you have created? If you have managed that. :confused:

Happy days. :D

I think alot can be taken from the photo of the national anthem. I assume its instigated by Crawf but seeing all the Hawks boys with their arms around each other together and then Geelong who couldnt be further apart from one another. As it turned out Hawks played as one entity as a team while Geelong put in a couple of good indiviual performances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think alot can be taken from the photo of the national anthem. I assume its instigated by Crawf but seeing all the Hawks boys with their arms around each other together and then Geelong who couldnt be further apart from one another. As it turned out Hawks played as one entity as a team while Geelong put in a couple of good indiviual performances.

We've been doing it throughout the finals campaign and none of our opponents have linked arms. ;)

Willo kicks at goal to make it a 1-point ball game at quarter time:

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

Players move back into position after the quarter-time break as I take a shot overlooking the crowd in front of me:

IMG_0114.jpg

The players line up in position anticipating the first bounce of the second quarter:

IMG_0115.jpg

Later in the second quarter, the Hawthorn defence is called upon to repel yet another sortie forward by Geelong:

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Birchall squeezes out a handpass to Sewell under pressure from Varcoe:

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back