Preview NAB 3: Saints vs Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never fear St Kilda supporters I have the tool for this years season:
oX6DQS9.png
You need Dermott's face in the middle of that circle.... :D

The single ruck strategy is a flop as well and removes Bruce, one of the better performing forwards from being a forward target. Membrey really not offering much at this stage. I would have loved to see Holmes instead of Schneider, working tandem with Hickey. Leave Bruce forward. Bring Pierce on in the second and spell Hickey to manage his loads.

Hickey has done well for first game for awhile. No question our best ruck.
Would like to have a look at Pierce.

Breton kicked 5 goals on debut in a final...
In a team that won by 52 points, finished the H&A season in 2nd that year, won the flag the year after, and indeed four in the next 7 years...

No doubt the be-permed dickhead could seriously play, but it was hardly a tough gig to play in that side...

Would be shocked if we don't we the spoon, but we need to be better than this or we will never attract any good recruits. Furthermore once losing becomes second nature, it is very hard to get any belief back. Have a look at the faces of our players, they are like a dear in the headlights. Very few think they belong at this level. Sure it's NAB cup but our blokes can't even hit a handpass from 5m unless they are literally 20m in the clear. Even then it is no certainty.

Personally I think we will get worse before we get better. We are looking at 4 of our best 5 players Reiwoldt, Fisher, Montagna & Dempster going over the next 2 years. We are all in love with our young players, but the reality is every club has good young players. Blokes like Acres, Templeton & even Billings to a certain degree are yet to prove they are going to be gun players. Dunston is probably the only exception for me. Reality is, we are very much a solid chance of the spoon for the next 3 years.

I agree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Montagna subbed with injury?

Would be shocked if we don't we the spoon, but we need to be better than this or we will never attract any good recruits. Furthermore once losing becomes second nature, it is very hard to get any belief back. Have a look at the faces of our players, they are like a dear in the headlights. Very few think they belong at this level. Sure it's NAB cup but our blokes can't even hit a handpass from 5m unless they are literally 20m in the clear. Even then it is no certainty.

Personally I think we will get worse before we get better. We are looking at 4 of our best 5 players Reiwoldt, Fisher, Montagna & Dempster going over the next 2 years. We are all in love with our young players, but the reality is every club has good young players. Blokes like Acres, Templeton & even Billings to a certain degree are yet to prove they are going to be gun players. Dunston is probably the only exception for me. Reality is, we are very much a solid chance of the spoon for the next 3 years.
Good call, this year and next year for the spoon nothing surer

Jesus, people...

There's been a lot of grandstanding about 'it's just a game' and 'we've got so many injuries, who cares!' all week from you lot, and now its all 'we're so s**t', 'sack them all' and 'it's going to be such a long year'...

SUCK IT UP!

Here's some truths for you:
1. We won the spoon last year.
2. We're playing the Premiers.
3. They're close to full strength.
4. We've 6 or so 'Best 22' injuries.
5. Including our captain and best player.
6. From a SPOON-winning side.

Bloody hell, you'd think the world was ending! I know it's hard to see us being flogged, particularly knowing this is more likely to be the rule, rather than the exception, for most of the year, but for God's sake knock it off the lot of you.

Believe it or not, there ARE positives to take from tonight's game, improvement WILL come and we WILL get better.

#FQF

Jesus, people...

There's been a lot of grandstanding about 'it's just a game' and 'we've got so many injuries, who cares!' all week from you lot, and now its all 'we're so s**t', 'sack them all' and 'it's going to be such a long year'...

SUCK IT UP!

Here's some truths for you:
1. We won the spoon last year.
2. We're playing the Premiers.
3. They're close to full strength.
4. We've 6 or so 'Best 22' injuries.
5. From a SPOON-winning side.

Bloody hell, you'd think the world was ending! I know it's hard to see us being flogged, particularly knowing this is more likely to be the rule, rather than the exception, for most of the year, but for God's sake knock it off the lot of you.

Believe it or not, there ARE positives to take from tonight's game, improvement WILL come and we WILL get better.

#FQF
Like our efforts and pressure.

Disposal not so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back