Gaming NCAA Football 10

Remove this Banner Ad

amf87

Debutant
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
been looking for this game in the shops for PS3 but no luck. anyone on here know where i can get it from online or in vic? or if someone on here has it and wants to sell i will pay decent cash. thanks

Re: NCAA Football 10 on ps3

Rory's the way baby
thanks again.

Just customising my schedule for my first year now

replaced 3 out of conference games with Alabama, Texas and USC for Boise.

So I'm a 4 star prospect (CBF playing last two games of high school playoffs) and I choose Western Kentucky (I had 113 schools give me offers. Only the top 7 avoided me. I had the opportunity to be #2 at New Mexico State, but i want to take a s**t team somewhere

What is wrong with me :p

looks like ill go ebay. Is it easy to download the actual rosters? I want the real player names

09 was easy

Also a little warning, I purchased the game off an Aussie seller last week on Friday ... I'm still waiting for the game. Fingers crossed it comes in tomorrow - but half the time the lazy postman doesn't even bother on Fridays.

Let me know how you guys rate the game compared to Madden 10. They're always basically exactly the same but with different playbooks, but curious to hear if there's anything really different about it this year that stands it apart (either above or below) Madden 10 for general gameplay, online modes, any play-creator?, etc etc.

Let me know how you guys rate the game compared to Madden 10. They're always basically exactly the same but with different playbooks, but curious to hear if there's anything really different about it this year that stands it apart (either above or below) Madden 10 for general gameplay, online modes, any play-creator?, etc etc.
I started another road to glory campagain and actually went through the High School playoffs this time

every school offered me a scholarship, but I went with the highest ranked team who were offering a starter role, and only those who went to the effort to check a game of mine (So Georgia)

High school games (first 3 games in Varsity difficulty then All-American)

Win 31-0
Win 39-7
Win 49-13
Lose 31-35

Collage Football games (All All-American difficulty)

lost @ Oklahoma State by 3 points
won vs South Carolina by 3 points
won @ Arkansas by 21 points

but the main difference I've noticed so far is on plays at away venues
the routes when you check what the play is, is going all over the place and when it's a big match situation it puts a ? where the X O square triangle and L1 is

So you have to know the play you called to know where people will be running

another difference

after an interception there is this mini game.

You get shown 3 defensive plays and have to guess which one the opposition called, get it right your composure stays the same, get it wrong and your composure drops

and in touchdown celebrations you can celebrate with the mascot

and in Dynasty matches after a TD and XP they show some cheerleader moves

09 was easy

Also a little warning, I purchased the game off an Aussie seller last week on Friday ... I'm still waiting for the game. Fingers crossed it comes in tomorrow - but half the time the lazy postman doesn't even bother on Fridays.

I had that issue with a Canadian seller, paid for it, and tnever received it. When I tried to get into contact with them, they replied a few weeks later, and by hat time I just thought, "**** it". I had already posted highly negative feedback, haven't tried to get it again since... though desperately want it...

Meh, just checked ebay to see if I recieved any messages.

Stupid me buying a game on New Years Eve, the next 'business' day was on Monday, the January the third. Should get here today :D

I had that issue with a Canadian seller, paid for it, and tnever received it. When I tried to get into contact with them, they replied a few weeks later, and by hat time I just thought, "**** it". I had already posted highly negative feedback, haven't tried to get it again since... though desperately want it...

Go through amazon. It's a pretty reliable website.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but the main difference I've noticed so far is on plays at away venues
the routes when you check what the play is, is going all over the place and when it's a big match situation it puts a ? where the X O square triangle and L1 is

I think what you're talking about in the bolded part is a WR Option route. They have them in Madden as well. Option route meaning the WR can choose one of three routes to take, up to him, as he reads the coverage and decides on the fly.

I hate throwing to WRs with Option routes because you can never be sure which cut they're gonna make during your throw. Because you're scanning the field, going thru progressions and look over to him and you're never sure where he actually is or what cut he is about to make.

Go through amazon. It's a pretty reliable website.

Yep, agree with Rory here. Amazon is amazingly reliable. Comes very fast too. Never have to worry about people ripping you off or not sending stuff. I do like buying from Ebay too, but you have to be ultra-sure about the seller's reputation. I found a couple of great Ebay sellers (alternativedvd) being my favorite overseas Ebay seller, so when you find one and have bought stuff learning how reliable they are, it makes it easy to buy from ebay thru your favorite sellers.

I think what you're talking about in the bolded part is a WR Option route. They have them in Madden as well. Option route meaning the WR can choose one of three routes to take, up to him, as he reads the coverage and decides on the fly.
no no
that's not it

due to crowd noise and stuff all routes are zigzagging rapidly, and if you forget what the routes are you have to guess what they're doing

you cant tell if it's a clear drag route or slant, you could miss a double move that's supposed to be in the play

It will only stop once you have a decent lead and take the crowd out of the game

even when you audible they're there. I audibled from a HB Blast to a PA Pass and I had NFI if the Slot receiver was running a post route or doing that route where they run in a qtr circle.

It came in on NCAA Football 2009

Quarterbacks playing on the road can be rattled by home crowds, forcing them to misread routes or completely forget plays. This effect is not amplified with an incorrect guess on the "Quarterback Quiz".

im guessing the msread routes is the plays zigzagging along the route (the WR's though will run the correct route), and the completely forget plays would be the ? put up where it has the bottom for what each receiver is.

Ah, ok, i get you now. Well that's ghey then. Lol, like think about that in real life....yeah the QB standing at the LOS suddenly has no idea what the routes of his receivers are because of crowd noise or momentum etc.

G H E Y

It's supposed to be a freaking SIM, not an arcade game with the QB Quiz BS etc. Fight for the fumble in madden at least SIMs real life.

Re: NCAA Football 10 - Discussion

What's annoying me the most is the coaches and media polls comming up after the bowl games

they put too much emphasis on recent results

It's just wrong seeing a previously unbeaten SEC team losing the National Championship game as the #1 ranked team and dropping to #5 while the teams going into the bowls ranked 3-5 jump them even though having a 2 loss season

and while im in a mood about complaining

the refs hate Boise State

I was in the National Championship game and lost it 28-21

but I was robbed

I had 12 penalties for 175 yards while Cincinnati had none (just about all holding and facemask penalties)

but the loss was also my poor play, I did lose the turnover count 7-2

just shows how good my defense is keeping it close with that against me

IIRC the opposition QB was 1-11 with a net gain (including sacks) of minus 25 while the running game was 20 yards for from 25 runs or something (this was before they came out and went up 21-14)

Blame your aggressive gameplan for all the penalties :p

Might get all the rust off playing as USC for a few seasons, then pick a challenging team. Was thinking Baylor - but their conference would be a challenge.

Three Hard commits in the first week (Four stars or above) - including the top rated five star kicker :D

Blame your aggressive gameplan for all the penalties :p

Might get all the rust off playing as USC for a few seasons, then pick a challenging team. Was thinking Baylor - but their conference would be a challenge.

Three Hard commits in the first week (Four stars or above) - including the top rated five star kicker :D
I know
never got penalised when i have a balanced gameplan
I just felt like bitching about nothing

I tried Western Ketucky just then but it's too hard when you give yourself Florida first up in Dynasty

I think ill go with Boise then

question Larkis

I didn't get the handbook and some of the controls are different

what is pump fake (madden it's r1 but in r1 here is throw away)
and what is lateral? (madden it's square but here I havnt tried it because I dont want to **** up badly)

I see circus (4th & 18 in 07 Fiesta Bowl) is in the "hail mary" formation plays in WKU

may be in all of them, but I want to try Circus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back