Gaming NCAA Football 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: NCAA Football 10 - Discussion

If anyone wants a crap team to build up, use Tulane. Rated D's, but have some decent pitches so it's not impossible. Plus you get all the talent out of Louisiana that wants to stay close to home

If anyone wants a crap team to build up, use Tulane. Rated D's, but have some decent pitches so it's not impossible. Plus you get all the talent out of Louisiana that wants to stay close to home
nah, WKU. Time to beat USF :p
just beat Tennessee 20-17 (OT)

Week 7 in my BF Chubbies Dynasty

Currently 6-0 (3-0 in C-USA)

@ UAB 31-24
Bye
TCU (Was ranked) 24-22
Utah (Ranked Preseason) 31-13
Tulsa 34-14
Northern Carolina (Ranked) 39-21
at ECU 49-10

Currently ranked 13th

Key Stats
Peterbuch74 1413 yards, 5 TD, 6 INT
SBlack 548 rushing yards, 7 TD, 83 attempts
Sven 452 rushing yards, 6 TD, 90 attempts
Reacher 22 receptions, 343 yards, 2 TD
Wolfmother 19 receptions, 317 yards, 1 TD, 3 drops
Shifty - given up five sacks
DB10 - 7 Pancakes
Larkis and The Stinger leading tackles with 33, also leading with 3 interceptions each
Cassius Clay leading with 4 sacks
Cassius Clay and The Stinger with a Defenisve TD each
Arakaan with a safety
Rory making 88% of field goals

Time for me to edit the sliders and play the last six. They are mostly conference games except a toughie against LSU. Going to try and use the 4-3 instead of the 4-2-5. The Safties are doing all the work at the moment.

Just defeated LSU - 37 to 32. It was a tight game till they didn't cover my slow FB (Tcol) who managed to go half the field and help set me up for the game winning touchdown. Think I might alter the sliders once more to raise pass coverage (it's on 80 for CPU at the moment). Through for 560 yards, 2 TB, 1 Int with a 58% completion rate. Sacked 6 times though :S. 6 players all receiving between 59 and 111 yards :D. The game also gave the tea, it's first conference player of the week (Peterbuch74). The team is now somehow ranked 4th in the BCS (With my easy fixture)

It was my third play through, had to keep altering the sliders, that was the most realistic match. The second one I played had TacHawks getting three interceptions before half time (Interceptions was around 65). Using somebody elses slides though.

Now if only the #1 ranked Texas stopped stealing my recruits.

Just defeated LSU - 37 to 32. It was a tight game till they didn't cover my slow FB (Tcol) who managed to go half the field and help set me up for the game winning touchdown. Think I might alter the sliders once more to raise pass coverage (it's on 80 for CPU at the moment). Through for 560 yards, 2 TB, 1 Int with a 58% completion rate. Sacked 6 times though :S. 6 players all receiving between 59 and 111 yards :D. The game also gave the tea, it's first conference player of the week (Peterbuch74). The team is now somehow ranked 4th in the BCS (With my easy fixture)

It was my third play through, had to keep altering the sliders, that was the most realistic match. The second one I played had TacHawks getting three interceptions before half time (Interceptions was around 65). Using somebody elses slides though.

Now if only the #1 ranked Texas stopped stealing my recruits.
I was annoyed when i went 12-0 with Notre Dame and still was the #4 seed going into playoffs

but to be fair all 12 games were at home
4 vs MAC teams
1 vs MWC team
1 vs C-USA team
6 vs FCS teams

I thought LSU, NC or TCU would defeat me - however for the NC and TCU game I had easier sliders and I managed to exploit the lack of a pass defence for LSU. Playing SMU at the moment and it's just plain easy now :S.

Love the Michegan state playbook :D.

I'm also equal first in the country for rushing touchdowns (With Florida).

EDIT: It's amazing the difference between teams. I hardly got any pressure against LSU at all, it's not even end of the first quarter against SMU and I'm already on 6 sacks. Hard finding the ideal sliders :(

Award Semifinalists

Walker - SBlack
Mackey - Reacher
Thorpe - Classius Clay, The Stinger, Larkis
Best RET - Wolfmother

Going to stop playing manually so I can rush the season :)

Just realised Western Kentucky University isn't the worst in the game
it's actually Utah State

and yesterday with them I FINALLY hit Circus for a TD (had gotten huge gains before but never a TD)

20 seconds left in the first half, I was at my own 38
down 13-10

Just wanted to get in FG range, but luckily the reciever that caught the pitch, barged his way through 2 defenders in the 5 for the TD to put me up 17-13 at half time

too bad I ended up losing 27-26 (I failed the 2 point conversion with a minute left on the clock :()

btw larkis. How am I going in your team?

Decided to play as Pittsburgh Panthers in a dynasty (with an updated roster)- see how I like them
Was doing good during the season (Undefeated half way, but the schedule is getting tougher). Went to check out the records to see how far off I am from breaking them ...

Cardinal's Future Hall of Famer Fitzgerald owns most of the recieving records
Dolphin's Hall of Famer Marino owns most of the passing records
Cowboy's Hall of Famer RB Dorsett owns most of the rushing records (Who set NCAA records that were not broken for 20 years)

Just great :S

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I just found a freakish punter - a punter that can run a 4.36 in one of my recruiting classes. Faster then any WR in the same class.
:eek:. Well, if I was you I would do on 4th downs what I do with Brian Moorman of the Bills in Madden

call the Punt fake pass, and use his speed to run for 15-20 yards (I'm assuming he's a 90 or so speed)

In the end I just didn't bother doing anything

Riggy, if your not doing anything today - want to set up a small online dynasty - just regulars (if not, just us two). Wouldn't mind trying it out and actually doing something with a crap team. Maybe Army and Navy or something.

In the end I just didn't bother doing anything

Riggy, if your not doing anything today - want to set up a small online dynasty - just regulars (if not, just us two). Wouldn't mind trying it out and actually doing something with a crap team. Maybe Army and Navy or something.
I cant set up or join any leagues because I dont have the code to put in.

I can set up and just have a game or two

just dont play like mizza, I cant stand people who call Playaction passes, and the first option is run with QB without even checking if there is a receiver open. I can stand if you call a QB draw, I can put up if you call stupid plays, I just hate it when players dont run the play that was called. (and what was worse with mizza is he was USC, so it was always going to pay off)

and in other news
In 2 seasons at Western Kentucky University. I'm a #2 national champion (Beat Oklahoma in the 09 season and Notre Dame in the 10 season)

09 took a shitload of luck though. I was seeded #4 going into the conference championship games

Clemson (9-3) upset Virginia Tech (12-0)
and Alabama (8-4) upset Florida (12-0)
needed 2 of the 3 big championship games to go my way to make it (Oklahoma destroyed Colorado in the other match)

oh. So yeah, ill go set it up now, and send messages on the Playstation on how to get to where we play games

If you wanna go as Army/Navy, I'll go with Air Force
If you go with a team ranked in the B's ill go as Boise State
If you want to go with a team ranked in the A's ill go as Florida

just rub it in why dont you :(
what was the turnover count? you picked me off like 4 times and recovered 2 fumbles

I only picked you off once

I would of scored a TD, but my WR fumbled it 1 yard from the endzone :mad:

You played well.

scoreline
California (Larkis) 7-14-7-14-42
Maryland (Riggy) 0-0-0-16-16

was down 35-0 when I finally scored. (and yes, I tried against you unlike when I played Mizza)

Riggy, to be honest with you - it only counts if your playing as Boise, I need to play the real Riggy :p

And yes, you did throw a lot of stupid passes to coverage or with someone right there to give a big hit. You also focused too much into stopping Jahvid Best, usually opening up a guy in coverage for me.

Riggy, to be honest with you - it only counts if your playing as Boise, I need to play the real Riggy :p

And yes, you did throw a lot of stupid passes to coverage or with someone right there to give a big hit
I dont like playing with boise

I hate playing with left handed QB's
then again, my gameplan would be suited to left hand QBs :confused:

I just wasnt used to zone defenses. Im used to playing against man on man Ds

Ill play ya next time i have enough time to get on the PS3

Wo's jahvid Best :confused:

I started off blitzing to pressure your QB, but you were just picking me apart
I started to get into the game though when I changed my defensive gameplan from a mixture of aggressive/balacned to all out aggressive, and stopped blitzing.

I dont like playing with boise

I hate playing with left handed QB's
then again, my gameplan would be suited to left hand QBs :confused:

I just wasnt used to zone defenses. Im used to playing against man on man Ds

Ill play ya next time i have enough time to get on the PS3

Well this is what I noticed

You were rushing a lot in the middle, so I often had someone run blitz down the middle, however I wouldn't neglect the edges.
Zones as you said - I just find them a whole lot easier to use, however I did do man occasionally, but whenever I did I was pressing - hence I could get a lot of pressure and got you to do rash decisions.
You often ignored a few people that were free, my linebackers aren't sideline to sideline linebackers - could of used your TE's a lot.
Whenever I noticed that I couldn't run, I would do a quick pass - easy first down there.
And as you said, a lot of luck - some of your passes were are a bit hard but I thought the Fumble in the endzone was rough XD.
Also you are better off doing a play on fourth down instead of trying to do trick plays - I always expected the trick play.
You committed too many people to the blitz, I was raping you with some TE who'll never achieve anything XD.

finally got time to sit down and play this game.. love it! it's got me right into college ball so cant wait for next season!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back