Gaming NCAA Football 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: NCAA Football 10 - Discussion

ordered this game off ebay on friday from the US. Can not wait for it to get here! are you able to create a school to play offline or is it just for online?
yep you can create a school
I havnt done it though and dont know how too

i cbf playing games unless i really want too in Dynasty
but ive taken control of recruiting the top draft prospects I want

Im in the box position for the #1 DE and WR in the country for my 2nd season at Boise, 1st year I got the best OLB in the league and a good 4star prospect QB and HB for a few years down the track :)

WTF :O
Cool

Conference Invitation
Congratulations! The Pac-10 has extended an invitation for Boise State to replace Washington State in 2011
Projected Members
Arizona Arizona State Cal
Oregon Oregon State Stanford
UCLA USC Washington
Boise State

Didn't know that happened in the game. Cool.
went 23-3 over my first 2 seasons (losing to Oregon, Fresno State and Maryland [Orange Bowl])

Re: NCAA Football 10 on ps3

wont be able to get one
the game is only released for american zones (which wont be PAL)
PS3 is the only game type of game you can get from the states and bring it here and play, Sony insisted it had no zoneing restrictions

You can get the 09 version in PAL for XBOX so I imagine there would be a PAL version of 10 somewhere.

Re: NCAA Football 10 on ps3

I just used a template for the roster and did random names (Roster is option attack, so you should be able to have some fun with it)
I'll edit the roster later

Probably will change the uniform as well, doesn't look nice when playing as the team. Will change the state and city as well (From Kentucky to Texas, Florida or California unless anyone else has any other ideas).

WTF :O
Cool

Didn't know that happened in the game. Cool.
went 23-3 over my first 2 seasons (losing to Oregon, Fresno State and Maryland [Orange Bowl])

Been in there since I first played the series starting with '99.

Obviously, if you're already in a major conference, there's nowhere to move.

Overall, there's zero challenge playing as a major team. The 5-star recruits come thick and fast, and it takes away 90% of the fun of playing dynasty.

And for the record, I think the "playing away from home shaking screen" is the best innovation in a game. Helps build the pressure in the mind of the player, like it would in real life. Came in about 3 years ago I think, at first I had it turned off, but learned to love it.

Been in there since I first played the series starting with '99.

Obviously, if you're already in a major conference, there's nowhere to move.

Overall, there's zero challenge playing as a major team. The 5-star recruits come thick and fast, and it takes away 90% of the fun of playing dynasty.

And for the record, I think the "playing away from home shaking screen" is the best innovation in a game. Helps build the pressure in the mid of the player, like it would in real life. Came in about 3 years ago I think, at first I had it turned off, but learned to love it.
The recruiting I love
Started off I had no idea how the hell to do it
but today i really got it going

Hit 3 5 star prospects in 1 draft
Had the WR effectively from week one
stole the HB from Cincy at about week 13
and had a hell of a fight getting the DE away from Notre Dame
It's bloody hard convinceing them to leave there
everything is a A or A+ in that school accept for close to home factor that keeps on changeing

question on Notre Dame, Army, Navy. Do you get invited to join bogger conferances if you're going good as an independant?

If so I may go as one next
if not, my next one will be a serious effort with Western Kentucky

try to get up into the SEC

Notre Dame have A+ for conference

So you can customise your schedule to have rivalry games and high ranked games to get you into bowl games easily and attract recruits. Heck, you can set it so you never leave South Bend.

Also am I the only one that thinks it's too easy to attract recruits? I just promise that I'll win against every rivalry, bring them home and their mine :D.

Now time to edit the Big Footy team to give people a challenge. Going to add everyone that participated in AE, makes it easy already having a list of people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Notre Dame have A+ for conference

So you can customise your schedule to have rivalry games and high ranked games to get you into bowl games easily and attract recruits. Heck, you can set it so you never leave South Bend.
I did that with Notre Dame
changed the schedule so out of the 12 games I played preseason ranked teams 10 times at home, and travelled outside of Notre Dame for 2 random games, NC ended up getting a rank at the time as well, so Navy was the only non ranked team I played

pissed of I couldnt get intot he national championship game with a 11-1 record, considering I had easily the toughest schedule for the year.

Just learned a horrible lesson to always save your work

Accidently closed the window half way through editing the roster :S, time to start again

Yeah choosing a big time team is pretty much pointless. You get all the recruits plus some.

Decided to go with Arkansas and basically recruited 3 star prospects with a 4 or 5 star here and there.

Takes a while to make the stats perfect (Maximum is 85 for Seniors, 73 for Freshman). Making all the players unique in some way so people can start who they want depending on how they play.

Riggy, guessing you don't have the instruction booklet - you might want to try and track down a code to have team builder slots (it's on the back of the book)

Just finished Cornerbacks

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/ncaafootball/create_a_school#/school/2275416115:1263193163

Done

(Don't know whether the link works)
Type in Larkiss at the search function to find the school
Some names were abreviated due to the maximum length of names. Had to change Mordika to Mordicha as Dik is banned.

Big Footy Chubbies
Coach: Larry David
Stadium: Armchair Endzone
ok, so the starting team is

QB: Peterbuch74
HB: Sven
FB: Tcol
WR: Wolfmother
WR: NakedDeadGuy (want the tall guy) even though there are 3 equal on rating there
TE: Reacher
LT: Shifty
LG: Vick-Footy
C: McGarnicle
RG: DB10
RT: Mr E (hey, that sounds like Mystery)

LE: Arakaan
DT: Glactic
DT: 11sjw (went 4-3 because 11sjw>sto at MLB)
RE: Geecats07
LOLB: Meltiger (lol Apex is s**t as the #3 LOLB :p)
MLB: TACHawks
ROLB: Showbag
CB: Hunt Ers
FS: The Stinger
SS: Classius Clay
CB: Moo (1 inch taller than Haterade so wanted him to stop passes over him)

K: Rory
P: Mordicha

I was going to critisize you for 2 things

you got my hieght wrong, then I realised you dont know it
then I realised I wasnt the best TE, But im sure i will be in a few years :cool:

EDIT: I see you play a 4-2-5 gameplan, interesting. I would of gone 3-4
and why take Michigan State offensive playbook?
could of taken Boise with its trick plays.

and what state is it supposed to be in?
I dont think I saw it in there

BTW. I like how you didnt get selfish and make youself the best SS :), but I just cant seeing you and GG co-exist as the safeties in a few years

EDIT 2: Are you trying to make a joke on me?
Giving me #88, then showcase #88 to the fans.

What the **** am I supposed to wear come gametime ;)

All the numbers are random
If I'm making myself on a team, I would like to be there for a while :p, I just went down the order of AE to be honest, skipped a name somewhere. I left six O-Line spots open to full with random regulars though. The playbooks were all random to be honest, it could go either way, however I don't think a 3-4 would go with the roster very well with the DEs and OLBs. The offensive playbook just suits my style, that's all (Play action and running). Oh, and the team is in Texas (A state with numerous players and teams around the same level).

All the numbers are random
If I'm making myself on a team, I would like to be there for a while :p, I just went down the order of AE to be honest, skipped a name somewhere. I left six O-Line spots open to full with random regulars though. The playbooks were all random to be honest, it could go either way, however I don't think a 3-4 would go with the roster very well with the DEs and OLBs. The offensive playbook just suits my style, that's all (Play action and running).
fair enough
but if you want a running gameplan
Air Force all the way
The love bringing out 3rbs (which normally means wildcat in other teams playbooks) but they line 2 RBs next to the ends of the OLine and put them in motion

Alot of speed option (I love those plays, but when you hit a conservitive D it can backfire with them intercepting the pitch)

a fair amount of WR runs

also, im suprised with how many 4th down attempts are tried in this game.
Im suprised when a team punts it when they're less than 4 and 3

Just gave the team a test drive on my usual settings against the Houstan Cougars (Same overall).

The DLine is great - the defence works really well. I let one touchdown in during the last minute of the game from a QB run (and horrible play by myself).

The offence can work well, however the impact defensive player (Their MLB) made it so I couldn't run all day.

The KEY stats in case anyone is wondering

BF: 24
HOU: 8

Peterbuch74: Rating of 145.7, 18 completions, 31 attempts, 308 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, longest of 48, sacked one
Sven: 24 Attempts, 108 Yards (4.3 avg), 2 TD, Longest of 14
Reacher, 7 receptions, 95 yards and a touchdown
Wolfmother, 4 receptions, 39 yards
Fuey had a drop
Tackle leader was Showbag with eight
Superfreak had three tackles for loss and two sacks
Galatic has two tackles for loss and two sacks
Arakaan with a TFL, Sack and FF
Moo and Larkis with an interception each
Rory made one field goal

Also looks like Red Shirts are delegated at random :S

Might do a story on the Big Footy Chubbies and post it on BF. I replaced North Texas in the Sun Belt conference, then swapped with the Rice Owls in the C-USA conference.

Also it looks like I neglected Warney's stats, so time to update him

I fixed everything up in the team, practically perfect now.

Also I tried the Army playbook - I can't stand it, it's all trickery bullcrap.

EDIT: Managed to hold the Utah Utes down to 5 yards of total offence in a half during dynasty mode :D.
Also any hints on doing the optimal kickoff?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back