strath39

All Australian
Jul 28, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester City
My Xbox Live every 30 minutes to 45 disconnect. It connected Wirelessly. At first i thought it was the ports on the router but the firewall isn't enabled. If it happened to you or you have any advice it woulld be appreciated.

I would advise to use Ethernet if you can, especially if your router isn't close to your 360.

I had constant issues with my xbox live for a couple of months. Errors included insufficient MTU, general not connecting and dropping out. Not specifically the same issue you're having, but I restored the xbox internet settings to default and for whatever reason it just started working :confused: Worth a shot.

I've been having wireless connectivity issues for months (literally the day that the new dashboard making the console Kinect friendly was released).

Not sure why it has been happening, as i have the same modem + router i've been using when it was successful.

I've tried multiple things (resetting the xbox settings on the console, resetting the router's settings back to default, turning on upnp, turning off upnp, port forwarding, using dmz etc) and basically nothing changes.

* Downloads take too long (even the game updates that should be over and done in a blink of an eye, can take 5 - 20 minutes :mad:). XBLA or Games on Demand games take hours upon hours.

* The dashboard doesn't always load up, it lags and i can't browse to what i want (unless i stay offline).

* My connection can cut out at any time, be it on the dashboard, or usually as soon as i reach the "press start" screen of any game.

Cable > Wireless in any means, if your xbox is near your router, just hook it up via ethernet, otherwise wireless is the only neat way to go -
This. I'm hooked up with an ethernet cable and have never had any connection issues.

I used to be an ethernet cable user, my xbox is a fair way away from the computer room though. The reason why i went wireless from 2008 was that every tom, dick and harry (not literally them... just an expression :p) would trip over the cord. Heck even i did once or twice (luckily no disc inside the console, nor did it fly off the stand!), hence why i went wireless to prevent anything like that happening again.

Havn't had any troubles with wireless gaming until a few months ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back