Welcome New (and old) BigFooty Cats supporters - introduce yourself here!

Remove this Banner Ad

If you tell SquishyKitty which part of Sydney you live in, YY, she will probably be able to tell you some good pubs in Sydney where the Cats fans meet.
I'm living at Gladesville. There is a pub 'bayview' at Victoria road, looks quite local. Actually I'm allergic of alcoholo_O (unusual here, isn't it? But not too unusual for Asians:). Thanks for your thought, anyway:)

I'm living at Gladesville. There is a pub 'bayview' at Victoria road, looks quite local. Actually I'm allergic of alcoholo_O (unusual here, isn't it? But not too unusual for Asians:). Thanks for your thought, anyway:)
Not being able to drink doesn't mean you can't go to the pub to meet other supporters, though, does it? I wasn't suggesting you go and get drunk- I just thought it would be a great way to meet new people who share your love for Geelong :)

Ahoy

Been a member of BigFooty for 10 years but never really got involved.

A supporter since early 90s. Not a big footballing family - old man has been Geelong since 50s, Mum is Essendon. Brothers don't care about sport.

Football wasn't discussed in school when I was there...but eventually started.

Earliest memories are losing the 1992 GF and understanding it, but didn't fully appreciate the enormity.
Became truly footy-mad in 1994 though...started reading Inside Football etc.

Fave player as a kid was Gary Ablett. Only saw him place once live, but loved watching him on telly. Relished Richmond games as a kid, expecting something big...
Was distraught after 1994 Grand Final.
In 1995, remember being in car with old man driving down Jells Road where a couple of Carlton supporters were waving flags. Stopped our XF Wagon, wound down the windows, gave them 'The Finger' and drove off. Ahhh...the delights of being 12. :)

I love Simonds Stadium now - used to be an absolute dump when I first visited.

I collect footy cards and have several folders.
Most treasured cards are 2001 Ben Graham Captain Signature - only 50 produced.

Absolute most treasured is 2006 Unparalleled Gary Ablett Signature - 100 produced - I have two of them.

Currently after 1982 Ardmona Ablett
1993 Players Choice Ablett Signature
1995 Ablett Signature

Have introduced girlfriend to Geelong's greatness. She stole my training guernsey. :)

Cheers!

Hey, first time for post for me, joined up as im a one eyed Cats fan living in South Oz so i have no one to talk Cats with. My old man was a Cats man until the Crows came in then he jumped ship. I stayed true. Best part about living in SA is i get to give Power supporters stick over the 119 GF, even got a 07 premiers tatoo i get to show em every possible chance.

Hey, first time for post for me, joined up as im a one eyed Cats fan living in South Oz so i have no one to talk Cats with. My old man was a Cats man until the Crows came in then he jumped ship. I stayed true. Best part about living in SA is i get to give Power supporters stick over the 119 GF, even got a 07 premiers tatoo i get to show em every possible chance.
Well done, Jeff! Good to have you join the crew! I think you'll find a few SA Cats fans on here :)

Yep. Only card in a Hawthorn guernsey.
Most valuable non-signed footy card around I believe...
Well... i shall go thru my old card books...NBA..Baseball..etc...... where i did have a few old footy cards... and I'm sure we have the whole Ardmona Hawks team with Ablett in a Hawks jumper... I will get back to you.... what sort of figure is this card worth??

what sort of figure is this card worth??

Whatever the buyer is prepared to pay :)
I am not looking at paying top dollar though...hence why I look out for specials.

Truthfully, possibly not the right time atm...putting money towards the mortgage...other half wouldn't want to learn I spent money on footy cards :)

uranium_death, I know you from another forum which I rarely post in these days. I'm under a different username on that forum, but I recall seeing you post about being a big Geelong fan on the O/T section of that board. It's good to see you on BigFooty. I'd say 'welcome', but you've been a BigFooty forum member for a decade so it would seem a little silly doing so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

uranium_death, I know you from another forum which I rarely post in these days. I'm under a different username on that forum, but I recall seeing you post about being a big Geelong fan on the O/T section of that board. It's good to see you on BigFooty. I'd say 'welcome', but you've been a BigFooty forum member for a decade so it would seem a little silly doing so.

Thanks for that - AFF I assume? I don't post as often as there anymore as well...

Only just started to post on here...football discussion is one thing I love doing, and nobody at work shares it with me...so I have to find another avenue there :)

So here I am :)

Been a Geelong supporter my entire life and a member for a few years now, relatively new to this Internet forum malarkey so don't expect too many posts right off the bat.might just look around for a while and hold my tongue (until I can't and then you'll hear from me).

bam, and banned.

was it the lovable rogue known as bobby?

ran foul of the mods somewhere and has come up with 3 different usernames, they have subsequently been banned as well.
Kudos to him for even trying an introductory post to look like a brand new poster

Lol

he should have been allowed into the bf sanctum off of that back story alone.
The fact he used the word "malarkey" should have provided him some grace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back