News New Jumpers for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2004 premiership jumper sold pretty well this year didn't it? Maybe they're listening to the fans.

Hopefully port change their jumper back to the 2004 version.

It's much better then what they're currently wearing. And they would also look less like a Victorian club, which is always a bonus.

From the Lions website:

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2014-10-27/2015-clash-jumper

"The design of the 2015 Brisbane Lions Clash Jumper, which will be unveiled on November 10th, pays homage to two of the most successful periods in the Club’s combined history.

Based loosely on early Fitzroy designs which had chamois leather collars and lace-up fronts, panels on its front give the jumper and the wearer an “armour-plaited” appearance accentuated further by the body-hugging material used in today’s garments. The colour-way also serves to provide a connection to our unique merged past while the introduction of white in line with AFL specifications, plus an angled keyline reminiscent of the “vee” on the Bears’ jumper of the mid 1990s, gives it a “traditionalistic but contemporary” appearance."

BL886_B%20Clash%20Jumper%20Launch%202015_Hero%20Tile.jpg

I'm guessing it'll be all white with the maroon funnel yoke and blue keyline, just like above but replacing the gunmetal grey with white

Not at all, the clash jumper is often a chance to experiment and break from the regular design. I think if done right, this will look very nice

This isn't experimenting. This is just our club finding another way to appease the Fitzroy Faithful.

I honestly don't find anything from the bears era in that Guernsey. Considering the Fitzroy Guernsey also had the "vee" in it.

Yawn

The lace up part only works when there's actual lace ups
And a clash jumper only works when it actually prevents a clash.

Maybe their adding white cuffs, white collar and number panel to the home jumper?

I think that would look quite good actually. Would make sense if nothing is happening to the clash, you can't exactly add white to white now can you. ^_^

Someone make a mock up? Or I'll just do it later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predominantly white.
So I'm guessing the Lions attempted to get away with a silver jumper? You know, like Essendon, but it was tinned?

I still don't think it'll turn out that badly, the Lions might take some liberties with historical accuracy but they never entirely butcher a Heritage design. It might be slightly disappointing that it's not completely new, but considering the jumpers we see that are completely new (Eagles/Hawks/Crows clashes of the late 2000s, the current ones from the latter, and I personally think the Suns one is really naff), it's probably safer to see history as the inspiration. It'll use club colours, it'll pay homage to a club that should still exist (this place deserves a footy club), and it also gives another unique design to the comp.

So I'm guessing the Lions attempted to get away with a silver jumper? You know, like Essendon, but it was tinned?
Has been mentioned previously - bears yellow.

It sounds like Brisbane will be running out in something more like this old Melbourne jumper?

They should have kept their branding consistent and included the lion.

Attachments

• melb heritage jumper.JPG
    melb heritage jumper.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 10
It sounds like Brisbane will be running out in something more like this old Melbourne jumper?

They should have kept their branding consistent and included the lion.
We used a similar style guernsey a couple years back as a Fitzroy heritage guernsey. Looked great imo, and I think the clash version will be much improved on our previous clash jumper.

The Lion could still be added in some fashion, have to wait til 10.11.14 to find out ;)

Guernsey Final4.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back