News New Jumpers for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this on the Saints shop - it's listed as our 2016 NAB Challenge guernsey.

55857-st-kilda-saints-2016-adults-nab-guernsey-2000.jpg

55858-st-kilda-saints-2016-adults-nab-guernsey-2000.jpg

Not a fan, but this is what pre season should be for, testing different looks and giving the kids something they might like. Like the fact they are experimenting with red.

So good on you Saints

The clash looks even better with the thick collar, and Pepper Money is near on the perfect sponsor logo for us. I'm starting to think that the design should continue on the lower half of the back, however, and that Dare should consider a rebrand.

RIP Dare bottle logo presentation

2015-2015

You will be missed​
Agreed, the new collar works so well with the clash. Big thumbs up on this one.

The pre-season jumper...just misses the mark for me, it's too unbalanced. It really goes to show the top two quarters of the jumper really need to be red rather than white.

Was more or less suggesting that they are not alike and that you are a moron.
I got that much ;)
Was more pointing out the fact that the shield has been blown up in size ala the kmart version and the back is identical.

I wasn't a fan of St kildas away when it first came out last year. Their "cross" one from 2011-14 was pretty much perfect. But I must say it has grown on me. Plus the new collars really suit it.
As for the nab challenge jumper- yeh it looks a bit k-martish, but meh.. They are only practice matches.

I feel like St Kilda has figured out the FJGD guide to jumpers perfectly over the last few years.

Home jumper, simple and traditional. White cuffs are possibly the only change you could make.
Clash jumper, simple and mostly traditional. Whether it's a wider middle panel, the cross that we rocked from 2011-14 or a candy stripe they all still scream St Kilda. No adversion to wearing these in a GF if required.
Preseason jumper, this is where we can mess around. Stickman, hot cross bun/shield variation. For the kids and something a little different.

Plus we have avoided the BLK plague thus far!

Oh! I just noticed that the 2016 away guernsey is now up on the store as well.

55855-st-kilda-saints-2016-adults-clash-guernsey-2000.jpg

55856-st-kilda-saints-2016-adults-clash-guernsey-2000.jpg

WANT.

I'm assuming I've missed something obvious but I can't see them on the club shop?

Assuming that's the players' and not the kids', that's great because the cut allows for more red on the side (but there was strangely a similar difference between the players' and kids' cut last year). Better than mostly white/black against black/navy teams, so I'm hoping that's what will be out on the ground. The new ISC collar is much cleaner on that design too.

Also not that it would have been a factor but it's 20 years this year since we introduced the first hot cross bun design in the pre-season (this is the prototype):
607021-a988d58c-8d3a-11e3-836d-02ea2adb9f0a.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure why the difference in presentation of the pepper money sponsor logo between the front of away and back of pre-season. To be honest, I'd just assumed it was only ever a placeholder since the sponsor announcement, as the actual pepper logo font is different to what we're using, not to mention their website never even makes any mention of 'pepper money' as a brand.

NCtYnOW.png

As for the jumpers themselves, the pre-season is obviously meant as a throwback to the old hot cross bun / crusader (side note: that was 20 years ago?!) but just doesn't quite pull it off.

The away, I loved it last year, but this year... really not liking the new ISC collar, the aforementioned pepper money logo and I know it's only one picture so far, but something about it just looks off.

Not sure why the difference in presentation of the pepper money sponsor logo between the front of away and back of pre-season. To be honest, I'd just assumed it was only ever a placeholder since the sponsor announcement, as the actual pepper logo font is different to what we're using, not to mention their website never even makes any mention of 'pepper money' as a brand.

NCtYnOW.png

As for the jumpers themselves, the pre-season is obviously meant as a throwback to the old hot cross bun / crusader (side note: that was 20 years ago?!) but just doesn't quite pull it off.

The away, I loved it last year, but this year... really not liking the new ISC collar, the aforementioned pepper money logo and I know it's only one picture so far, but something about it just looks off.

For me it's the cut in those photos that looks off - we're used to seeing guernseys fitted to the players' body shape and presented as such as much as possible but these look like they've been photographed as hanging quite loosely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Shielded Crusader (ie the 2016 pre-season edit) will look much better with black shorts, and maybe even just the plain black socks, but there's an awkward, skewed balance to the design. Although it's quality is something most us would be chuffed to see at any other club, I feel like the Saints have nailed everything on-field in the last... probably for a decade.

But the red just makes the white have an illusion of sitting 'inward' or being embossed down. It's hard to describe. It seems like a frame, whereas the 90s version was a nice balance.

The Pepper logo looks great across all the jumpers though, I don't think St Kilda could've asked for a better sponsor. The version on the clash strip is so good as well – you can barely notice it. However, the biggest shame is that they'll no doubt have some other bit-part, unheard of company sponsoring them in two seasons time.

The Dare logo was better as a bottle too. The current one is just ugly. It isn't in club colours, and because the Pepper one is, it stands out even more (good for them, bad for uz poindexters on here). The full cartoon bottle was just so kitsch and tacky, it's like it should've existed on an 80s Bears or early 2000s team. So bad it was good. I'd rather than than just out of place and ugly.

Lets be honest, that Saints NAB jumper is exactly what a pre-season jumper should be. Screams St. Kilda, will appeal to the kiddies who want something new every couple of years, the can see their heroes actually wear the jumpers, but its also something you wouldn't want to see them wear in any big, important games - and it won't be.

If the "murder of crows" or "claws" jumpers had been pre-season jumpers, I wouldn't have given a s**t. Abstract logos, swirly animal heads, artistic paint splotches - these jumpers belong in the pre-season. Saints have got it right.

Lets be honest, that Saints NAB jumper is exactly what a pre-season jumper should be. Screams St. Kilda, will appeal to the kiddies who want something new every couple of years, the can see their heroes actually wear the jumpers, but its also something you wouldn't want to see them wear in any big, important games - and it won't be.

If the "murder of crows" or "claws" jumpers had been pre-season jumpers, I wouldn't have given a s**t. Abstract logos, swirly animal heads, artistic paint splotches - these jumpers belong in the pre-season. Saints have got it right.
Wish the Tiges stopped stuffing around with giant cartoon heads and went down the traditional path for pre season

I wanna see the bumblebee

These ******* arseholes sum up all the wrong things about footy and Australia. No doubt bet they reckon they're full of banter when I'd be surprised if the fat prick on the left didn't think he was the funniest prick ever, and the two other deadshits have been playing sixths their whole lives but won't admit they're actually rubbish footballers.

I just hate them. Man.

They're actually exceptionally decent blokes. Very, very good people.

They're actually exceptionally decent blokes. Very, very good people.
he hates the look of them, and the vibe they put out. the essendon one is your typical fat essendon supporter who bandwagoned on after the 2000 grand final (used to support pokemon on game boy colour and thats it) , the carlton guy is your typical aussie carlton supporter who smells really bad if you sit next to him at the footy, and has dandruff but claims it is just dried up hair creme, and the adelaide dude is just your regular crows supporting sa bogan who has devoured about a million 'parmies' in his life and thinks that a pie floater is a traditional nutritious australian dish

he hates the look of them, and the vibe they put out. the essendon one is your typical fat essendon supporter who bandwagoned on after the 2000 grand final (used to support pokemon on game boy colour and thats it) , the carlton guy is your typical aussie carlton supporter who smells really bad if you sit next to him at the footy, and has dandruff but claims it is just dried up hair creme, and the adelaide dude is just your regular crows supporting sa bogan who has devoured about a million 'parmies' in his life and thinks that a pie floater is a traditional nutritious australian dish
How would you describe yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back