News New Jumpers for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
416425.jpg

416402.jpg

What's the deal with this? Fremantle's training strip has a slightly different version of the 2016 ISC collar, except it's the version that actually looks finished and not like a half baked idea. No faux collar flaps, no disjoint back. Looks fantastic.

Is it just me or are the players wearing two different collars in this photo?

12650874_10153535218961843_7971990835850023232_n.jpg
Good spot, it looks like it (middle three are different to the end two). The far left and far right ones seem in line with the 2016 version which was shown online ages ago, it's got:

– A lower, more scooped collar that's almost flat at the bottom and much wider. It's got a little rivet at the bottom
– The middle strip extends a higher
– It has the thin white strip going across the collar, probably at the seam, right where the stripes end and presumably the panels change
– Canterbury logo seems higher and the logos, words, et al aren't cramped and stretched smaller
– The jock tag is more to the sider, only just hitting the end stripe. The old one goes well across that stripe
– Is the Mazda logo bigger?

Also, just me, or does this really bring out a bit of a gut? Is it just because it's a colour on a white base, as opposed to the Hawks and Pies jumpers?

Swallow, Ziebell and Macmillan were all in last year's photo but since Higgins is a new addition they re-shot he and Thompson for a bit of symmetry.

So the first three are wearing the 2015 jumper, the two at the back are wearing this year's. If you look closely, you can see that's actually not Jamie Macmillan's right elbow. Petrie was in that position last year and they've obviously tried to make it look realistic so he has, yknow, two elbows, but it looks weird.

What's the deal with this? Fremantle's training strip has a slightly different version of the 2016 ISC collar, except it's the version that actually looks finished and not like a half baked idea. No faux collar flaps, no disjoint back. Looks fantastic.

They just haven't coloured in the smaller (inner) half of the two-part shoulder panel to match the collar. You can see in the last shot that it's still disjointed at the back but now it's 'too much shoulder' rather than 'too much collar'.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of boganese, Port fans always complain that Collingwood's existence took away their Prison Bars.

However, Collingwood's existence also took away their bogan status.

I don't think anyone but Crows fans talk about how bogan they were perceived to be. My old man lived right near Port Adelaide the suburb as a kid, lucky him, and he said their supporters were absolute, rancid ferals and that was their general perception in the SANFL.

Is it just me or are the players wearing two different collars in this photo?

12650874_10153535218961843_7971990835850023232_n.jpg
The important thing is: Why are they floating?

The average footy fan in Melbourne doesn't seem to heap it on them at all.
Yeah, while I certainly view Port as 'bogan', it's certainly not the first club that comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back