Preview Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 149779
Thanks Woosha.
What a wonderful club we have. The AFC management "terrific".
Lets get behind Campo now.
#weflyasone
Wow.
Just had a look at my Facebook. I shared that story of the eagle and crow photo at 6.44am Friday morning, a mate who works for a media organisation texted me about Phil Walsh at 7.17am.
And now a big Eagle is "Wooshing" over to help out a crow again.

Yeah Campo cops a bad rap on bf for some misinformed reason. Probably because he was around with NC & BS.

Walsh spoke so glowingly of Campo and said their philosophies were very aligned. He also said Campo was an elite midfield coach.

I've also heard Bickley as well as a number of players say he can be a hard ass and isn't afraid to dish out a man conversation of his own.

Now I don't want him to be senior coach in 2016 but I think he is the right choice as interim coach and I'm sick of him copping a bad rap from guys who just assume he's no good without any knowledge of such claims.

Well, we saw against Hawthorn he's not afraid to give a spray. If there was one player in his midfield group you'd think he might tread on eggshells with, it's Dangerfield. But nope, there he was, giving him an absolute rocket, and after seeing what had been occurring with the centre square setups, rightfully so.

This wouldn't have been a selfish decision by Campo either, which I think we need to keep in mind. I'm sure there would not have been a thought about "what's best for me". I think that's obvious for Worsfold but applies to Campo as well. He would have probably spent the most time with Walsh out of anyone else at the club. His mentor and mate was just murdered by his son. Lets remember that throughout the remainder of this season. We need to get around Campo this year. He's taken on the role in tragic circumstances and needs everyone's support.

He's about to step into the shoes of a man with 20 years coaching experience, who is lauded league wide as a tactical genius. He will go from a coach who mainly operates in the background, to one who is thrust to the forefront of the clubs public persona. He will go from concentrating mainly on one group of players, to being responsible for the entire list. And he's doing it under extreme adversity, with all of a week to prepare for it. Saying yes to that, shows a massive amount of courage. Great stuff Campo, you've got my full support.

Whether Woosha stays on or not, I would seriously consider bringing Neil Craig back next year in some capacity. Many of the current players saw him as a father-figure during his time here and he would have learned a thing or two about working with players under crisis at the Dons. Just so long as he signs a "no bikes clause".

No.

Whether Woosha stays on or not, I would seriously consider bringing Neil Craig back next year in some capacity. Many of the current players saw him as a father-figure during his time here and he would have learned a thing or two about working with players under crisis at the Dons. Just so long as he signs a "no bikes clause".

Wouldn't against bringing Craigy back in a development/player support role, IMO he's a great football person with a real passion for the AFC as strong as any.

He's about to step into the shoes of a man with 20 years coaching experience, who is lauded league wide as a tactical genius. He will go from a coach who mainly operates in the background, to one who is thrust to the forefront of the clubs public persona. He will go from concentrating mainly on one group of players, to being responsible for the entire list. And he's doing it under extreme adversity, with all of a week to prepare for it. Saying yes to that, shows a massive amount of courage. Great stuff Campo, you've got my full support.
Couldn't agree more , acts of courage everywhere at AFC in last few days but none bigger than campo
Get around him !!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Woosha will stick around next year, he gave up coaching West Coast because he wanted to spend more time with his family, I think what happened to Walsh will only strengthen family as his priority.

Firstly, good to see Woosh decide to help out. Great work by the AFC management to sort out the unfortunate sickening mess.
I don't think Woosha will stick around next year, he gave up coaching West Coast because he wanted to spend more time with his family, I think what happened to Walsh will only strengthen family as his priority.
Secondly, I wouldn't be so sure of that. He took time out because he was burnt out (and there were some suspicions he had family issues, but unconfirmed) and has intimated he has found his passion again. Be interesting to see how it plays out.

Look forward to the match this weekend fellas :thumbsu: genuinely happy (albeit through sorrowed emotions) for your club.

When asked whether he will be able to prepare the players for next Saturday night, he said "Who knows".

And who could expect any more than that?

There's simple honesty coming out of the club over the last 9 months. May it continue.
he's right and he is being honest - we could get flogged by 100 points we could win who knows.

importantly they just need to get the game out of the way.

I would like to see Woosha as director of coaching full time. I would prefer we find a new coach for next year with Woosha to guide him.

Spot on, and it's what I would want atm.

My pick for head coach would be Ratten, by a country mile. The more we see of Carlton and just how bad they are, along with their list, the more it looks as if Ratten was a miracle worker over there. Add to that he's sat in the box as an assistant coach at Hawthorn for what, 2 years now? That experience alone, in such a successful football environment, would be worth its weight in gold.

Ratten is literally the only coach that I can think of off the top of my head that I would fee moderately comfortable taking the job. Can't feel I know too much about any other assistants out there enough to make a proper call.

Do not want coaches like Malthouse etc. Bassett too early into his afl tenure also to fill me with any confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back