NMFC mentions on television & wireless

Remove this Banner Ad

Tuned out when they graded Swallow as a 'B' midfielder and McGlynn an 'A'.
I never watch this show and now I know why. I had to find the bit you've highlighted as I assumed you must have made a mistake, but no, you were 100% correct.

They rate Gibson an A grade mid which is great, but I reckon none of them would have heard of him before last week. I'm certain his A grading is based on that 1 game.

To be fair, Moons said he hopes we win, but there's usually one close Prelim, and one blowout, and he didn't think the other game would be a blowout. There was no disrespect at all.

I never watch this show and now I know why. I had to find the bit you've highlighted as I assumed you must have made a mistake, but no, you were 100% correct.

They rate Gibson an A grade mid which is great, but I reckon none of them would have heard of him before last week. I'm certain his A grading is based on that 1 game.
I mean it's preliminary final time so you'd think some decent research might have been done, doesn't seem to be the case though when some on the panel still think it is going to rain and the aforementioned gradings... It wasn't all bad but sheesh I'd hesitate to even consider them 'experts'.

I mean it's preliminary final time so you'd think some decent research might have been done, doesn't seem to be the case though when some on the panel still think it is going to rain and the aforementioned gradings... It wasn't all bad but sheesh I'd hesitate to even consider them 'experts'.
I agree. Luckily they are not paid thousands of dollars to be experts on the game..........oh wait.

They are experts - experts at making a living out of football, although I don't mind Dermie on life lessons and Moons on footy. David Parkin and Tony Shaw. HAHA.

A bit of an insight into Jon Ralph.

Heard him on the radio this morning, he said in a very excited voice something like "Huge day today, I can't wait. Essendon in court, player moves being discussed, who will coach Adelaide, Guy McKenna might get sacked".

Seriously, the guy is a dead set ambulance chaser. No mention of a bloody Preliminary final, just the off field crap and all the blood letting that follows.

A bit of an insight into Jon Ralph.

Heard him on the radio this morning, he said in a very excited voice something like "Huge day today, I can't wait. Essendon in court, player moves being discussed, who will coach Adelaide, Guy McKenna might get sacked".

Seriously, the guy is a dead set ambulance chaser. No mention of a bloody Preliminary final, just the off field crap and all the blood letting that follows.
Caro's love child?

What was said on Footy Calcified last night? As they went to a break Garry said they would be looking at NM's recruiting strategy when they came back, but I dozed off and missed it :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bigfooty's own Tricky Ricky is doing a good job re the end of season player reviews on the club site.

But it'd be a nice touch if one of the coaches could also add some comments to the reviews like they used to a few years ago.
Yeah, agreed.

It would be fantastic to have some real insight into how the players are progressing in the eyes of those that matter, what weaknesses they are working on and how they deem their progress to be coming along in relation to their roles in the best 22. Otherwise the info is as subjective as something you would read on here. NTTAWWT.

Yeah, agreed.

It would be fantastic to have some real insight into how the players are progressing in the eyes of those that matter, what weaknesses they are working on and how they deem their progress to be coming along in relation to their roles in the best 22. Otherwise the info is as subjective as something you would read on here. NTTAWWT.

So you're saying that we can expect a Reacher-esque review on Lachie Hansens year?

In the Audio section of the NMFC app the most recent three interviews are great. Couple from Drew (what a legend this guy is, great with the media) & one from the new boy Higgo. I enjoyed listening to all three very much as I rode home from work at 4AM.

Now I'm sitting on the couch watching NBA Tonight with a beer.

Give the interviews a listen if you haven't heard them already. I'm just so pumped that the footy is back.

In the Audio section of the NMFC app the most recent three interviews are great. Couple from Drew (what a legend this guy is, great with the media) & one from the new boy Higgo. I enjoyed listening to all three very much as I rode home from work at 4AM.

Now I'm sitting on the couch watching NBA Tonight with a beer.

Give the interviews a listen if you haven't heard them already. I'm just so pumped that the footy is back.
What industry do you work in? I'm stuck in security working graveyard shifts.

What industry do you work in? I'm stuck in security working graveyard shifts.
Hospitality.

Since moving to Melbourne I've been an Assistant Manager at a pretty busy bar in town.
Found out tonight that as of next week I'll be moving to one of our two sister venues though. A checksided kick's distance from where I am now but a very different style to the place & completely different clientele.

Will be interesting to move bars. I'm here for a couple of years to soak up what Melbourne has to offer from a sporting, art, musical etc. point of view, but also here to gain experience in running bars & take that new knowledge back to Adelaide when we decide to return.

Never been a huge fan of the late nights. Also found out the new joint moving to doesn't have an TV so I can't watch any sport!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back