Non-Lions discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else feel last night was relatively bruise free footy for GWS?

Apart from a couple of possessions where Cogs or Green came charging through, and the Port players parted ways, I thought GWS had it much easier than the Carlton v Melbourne game, where it felt like a game of attrition.

Apart from a couple of possessions where Cogs or Green came charging through, and the Port players parted ways, I thought GWS had it much easier than the Carlton v Melbourne game, where it felt like a game of attrition.
They look fit , healthy and confident .

Aside from Briggs being injured, they look in perfect shape for a Prelim. Not much between the Pies and GWS players, home ground advantage the only factor having Pies 55/45 favs in my opinion.
Short turnaround and multiple travels may catch up with the Giants but I reckon they are a real threat to Collingwood.

My favourite quote from the port board last night, “not only do we have the worst coach in the league we also have the worst looking coach, and that list includes fagan” made me spit out my drink
My favourite I just read on Facebook "How Hinkley keeps his job is beyond me. Must have photos of Kochie".

Short turnaround and multiple travels may catch up with the Giants but I reckon they are a real threat to Collingwood.
I'm really wondering how good that Collingwood/Melbourne form line is.

We all know finals are won by the teams that are fit and hitting form at the right time.

The Giants have that look about them.

I'm also wondering that good and all as Nick Daicos is are they going to go back to just dishing it out to him at every opportunity or will he be underdone .

Collingwood's been the most consistently good team all year , it's likely with the week off they win but it won't be easy.

I'm also wondering that good and all as Nick Daicos is are they going to go back to just dishing it out to him at every opportunity or will he be underdone .
I could also see GWS putting Lloyd or XOH (if selected) on Daicos, and we've already seen what a tag does to him.

Ward played like a maniac through the middle. Port could not contain him, he kept burrowing under the packs and releasing outside players like Kelly or Ash. With no Taylor Adams this week, Collingwood would be vulnerable in the center bounce and stoppages.

GWS will be a hard team to beat in clearance game with Green/Coniglio/Ward all in form.

Ward played like a maniac through the middle. Port could not contain him, he kept burrowing under the packs and releasing outside players like Kelly or Ash. With no Taylor Adams this week, Collingwood would be vulnerable in the center bounce and stoppages.

GWS will be a hard team to beat in clearance game with Green/Coniglio/Ward all in form.
They still have Mitchell and Pendlebury but they are slow and there's zero inside depth past that. GWS can definitely expose that. Altogether it will be a interesting matchup in both teams love to run forward in waves

I could also see GWS putting Lloyd or XOH (if selected) on Daicos, and we've already seen what a tag does to him.

Wonder if they'll try Bedford. If Daicos comes back via the HBF role, Bedford on him would be a great matchup. Toby will hurt him by both running him down as well as sprinting away from him.

Wonder if they'll try Bedford. If Daicos comes back via the HBF role, Bedford on him would be a great matchup. Toby will hurt him by both running him down as well as sprinting away from him.
Bedford and Daniels are too much of a weapon and too vital to the Giants' structure to allocate them to Daicos. You can see the difference in the turnaround between the Port games at the end of the season (where both missed IIRC) and on the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s been a remarkable number of people on SM adopting Carlton as their second team this finals series. Probably the same people who sympathized with Richmond in 2017. Fools, have ye learned nothing?
I remember the 1970’s and 1980’s. CARLTON … NEVER!

If Naughton wants to go anywhere, it will be back home.
Dogs will throw all the money at him with his next contract.

If Naughton wants to go anywhere, it will be back home.
Dogs will throw all the money at him with his next contract.
I don’t actually think he is that good.
I mean he is ok, he can take a bloody good contested mark but he can’t kick for s**t.
I think he needs to go down back and terrorise some forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back