Non-Lions discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Gun Neon Rated GIF by NEON
🤣

Did Daniels pass his concussion test? If not, surely he’s in trouble? Seen Cam miss a week for a similar tackle in the past haven’t we?
Just saw the replay and yes very Rayner like. Ben Brown came back on as well, if Daniels didn’t pass his test then questions should be asked, as another poster mentioned they won’t though.

The one thing I don't think anyone drew any attention to last night were the contested marks. At one stage in the 3rd quarter the Giants had taken 13 to 3, which is an astonishing differential in a game which involved a lot of long kicking down the line to contests.

Collingwood neutralised this stat across the last quarter and a half to finish 16-11 in GWS' favour. Felt like this shift made a huge difference to the complexion of the game.

Big men play big roles in big games.

So it turns out Daniels had to leave the field for an HIA called for by the ARC, according to AFL Daily this morning. I had no idea the ARC had this power. Is it a new thing?

That explains why Kingsley was so angry, was surprised when I originally thought he was angry at his own doctor. However, I don’t think Daicos deserves to be suspended for it.

The other really weird stat was Collingwood winning the clearances comprehensively 44-26, but still losing contested possession by 14.

Can only surmise that meant the Giants got them on the spread from stoppage to the next contest, which is remarkable given the 15 day break vs only 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it turns out Daniels had to leave the field for an HIA called for by the ARC, according to AFL Daily this morning. I had no idea the ARC had this power. Is it a new thing?

The AFL fed afl media awards journalist of the year Tom Morris the line that the ARC can only suggest the club doctor look at something - but they aren’t obliged to. So put the onus on GWS.

Begs the question why they didn’t also recommend that Carlton take weitering off. Also it’s a cop out, they are happy to put the blame on clubs and punish them (correctly in port’s case) but they should just take it over so it isn’t something left to club doctors.

Lethal says it better than I can:

Lethal says it better than I can:

There's a link in that article to Caroline Wilson's comments comparing the Daniels HIA to Weitering's non-assessment last Friday. Hard not to get the tin foil hats out when even the Victorian media feel obliged to bring this stuff up.

The AFL fed afl media awards journalist of the year Tom Morris the line that the ARC can only suggest the club doctor look at something - but they aren’t obliged to. So put the onus on GWS.

Begs the question why they didn’t also recommend that Carlton take weitering off. Also it’s a cop out, they are happy to put the blame on clubs and punish them (correctly in port’s case) but they should just take it over so it isn’t something left to club doctors.
As always, everything in the VFL ultimately goes the Victorian clubs way and to the detriment of interstate teams. Happens every time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back