North Melbourne Now Compared to Geelong 05-06

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree or disagree, you cant deny the fact that YOU ALL would love to have 7 years of sustained success.

To not go to the football last Saturday and feel the heart sinking half way through the second quarter knowing that they haven't turned up to play this week.

Imagine a whole season where you lost 2 to 3 games and then smashed through in the GF.

Two Brownlows.

???
It was half way through the first for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On this comparison between the two clubs, I heard big Hank asked what noticable difference there was between North and G-Town, from his observations and being mindful not to disrespect his old club where he still has close ties. He thought for a moment then said "I think the thing which has struck me the most is how hard the Geelong players are on each other, both in game and at training, demanding perfection and maximum effort from each other at all times."

Big letters, printed out on the wall in the dressing room until it sinks in.

Seriously...

On this comparison between the two clubs, I heard big Hank asked what noticable difference there was between North and G-Town, from his observations and being mindful not to disrespect his old club where he still has close ties. He thought for a moment then said "I think the thing which has struck me the most is how hard the Geelong players are on each other, both in game and at training, demanding perfection and maximum effort from each other at all times."

Tudor, Ling and Walsh.

I hope I'm right in thinking that part of the reason we got these blokes was because we identified that very issue.

I also wonder if perhaps that thinking was perhaps why Drew got the captaincy nod over Ziebell - Jack has leadership traits that he will grow into, but right now I suspect he is one of the boys rather than a leader of men. Just thinking out loud here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back