Opinion North Melbourne's best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Wood, McKenzie are the two obvious one for me.

Both are behind a few players in the pecking order.

McKenzie leaving wouldn't be a huge deal IMO.

But I'm a fan of Mason, so I'd like to see him break into the side and stay in there.
Agree on BMac, but I think Mason won't be going anywhere, contracted to 2016. The others who are on the fringe and I reckon may chat with other clubs are Mullett and Taz, both out of contract at the end of the year.

Agree on BMac, but I think Mason won't be going anywhere, contracted to 2016. The others who are on the fringe and I reckon may chat with other clubs are Mullett and Taz, both out of contract at the end of the year.

Didnt realise Wood is tied down until the end of '16.

Mullett and Taz are interesting. Tarrant could seek a fresh start at a team that lacks KP depth.

Mullett really needs to get back as soon as he can otherwise he'll be left behind.

I'd be really keen to see Taz and Tippett as the KPD's in the NAB Cup. We need to start succession planning for Grima and Thompson is a better assets when given a bit more freedom away from the main forward target. It would be good to see how they look working together.

Heck, Tippett and Tyler will do me.
Durdin is a year or two off physically. He looks a natural to me and has a nice frame too, but up forward will be his bag initially.

Btw, who's Heck?

I'd be really keen to see Taz and Tippett as the KPD's in the NAB Cup. We need to start succession planning for Grima and Thompson is a better assets when given a bit more freedom away from the main forward target. It would be good to see how they look working together.
Agree, I want one of Tarrant or Tippett to do well in nab cup and start round one as our full back to release Thompson to be the third tall

I can see a couple of guys leaving for greater opportunity at the end of 2015.
I think this is what has helped the Hawks stay up for so long. They lose a couple of fringe players, and get good picks for them. Unfortunately we dont have a good history of trading up for picks. Greenwood for pick 25 was not what it could/should have been. We should have aimed for a pick in the 12-20 range!! The Hawks would have done that, as would the Cats, and those other top teams!
Basti, Jacobs, McKenzie or Adams leave, I wouldnt mind too much!! They are fringe players. Want to see what Dumont has!!

So NAB cup round 1 sounds like the Crows will be fielding a very young team. I would hope we do the same. No sense risking any stars

B: Jmac Tippet Mcmahon

HB: Jacobs Taz Wright

C: Mckenzie Dumont Mcdonald

HF: Adams Wood Turner

F: Nahas Currie Harper

On Ball: Beast Bastinac

Bench: All new draftees, Garner (probs wont be ready), Maj, maybe 1 or 2 others

I think this is what has helped the Hawks stay up for so long. They lose a couple of fringe players, and get good picks for them. Unfortunately we dont have a good history of trading up for picks. Greenwood for pick 25 was not what it could/should have been. We should have aimed for a pick in the 12-20 range!! The Hawks would have done that, as would the Cats, and those other top teams!
Basti, Jacobs, McKenzie or Adams leave, I wouldnt mind too much!! They are fringe players. Want to see what Dumont has!!
One season of above average performances after years of being an unknown fringe player at best. 12-20?

: Darryl Kerrigan :

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So NAB cup round 1 sounds like the Crows will be fielding a very young team. I would hope we do the same. No sense risking any stars

B: Jmac Tippet Mcmahon

HB: Jacobs Taz Wright

C: Mckenzie Dumont Mcdonald

HF: Adams Wood Turner

F: Nahas Currie Harper

On Ball: Beast Bastinac

Bench: All new draftees, Garner (probs wont be ready), Maj, maybe 1 or 2 others

Harper wont be fit unfortunately.

I think it's important Waite & Higgins get game time with close to a Best-22 late in the pre-season to work out structures & game patterns. Waite especially.

Rd 1. Any of the emergencies could force their way in via form, injury or balance. Higgins and Waite definitely improve team balance.

B: Thompson, Tippett, Macmillan
HB: Atley, Hansen, McDonald
C: Higgins, Cunnington, Dal Santo
R: Goldstein, Swallow, Wells
HF: Harvey, Waite, Black
F: Ziebell, Petrie, Thomas
IC: Bastinac, Turner, Wright, Gibson
E: from Wood, Garner, Dumont
Firrito, Grima, McMahon
Adams, Jacobs, McKenzie, Harper
Tarrant, Daw, Brown, Currie

As it looks now, that seems pretty much on the money. I reckon Waite is ahead if Brown at the moment. Only change might be Tippett and Hansen (depending on fitness) out for Tarrant and Grima.

Our depth is great, hasn't been this good since I can't remember when.

It still bemuses me how Brown is not in everyone's best 22, let alone 18. He showed so much in the few games he played last year than Black showed all year . Brown won us a final. Black starts in the Vfl ,

Best team:

B: Wright Tippett Thompson
HB: McDonald Hansen Atley
c: wells swallow Gibbo
Hf: harvey Waite ziebell
Ff: Thomas Petrie brown

Rucks: Goldstein cunnington dal santo

Bench: j Mac , Turner, Higgins
Sub: bastinac

It still bemuses me how Brown is not in everyone's best 22, let alone 18. He showed so much in the few games he played last year than Black showed all year . Brown won us a final. Black starts in the Vfl ,

Best team:

It could be the fact that one of Brown's legs is half the size of the other.

Best team:

Big Footy Myth #1: Black had a bad year ...

Big Footy Myth #1: Black had a bad year ...
That's not a myth mate:
2013 - 13.8 disposals per game, 4.8 marks, 1.8 goals, 1.3 behinds
2014 - 10.2 disposals per game, 4.4 marks, 1.0 goals, 0.9 behinds

It wasn't as bad as some have made it out, but it was a down year for him

That's not a myth mate:
2013 - 13.8 disposals per game, 4.8 marks, 1.8 goals, 1.3 behinds
2014 - 10.2 disposals per game, 4.4 marks, 1.0 goals, 0.9 behinds

It wasn't as bad as some have made it out, but it was a down year for him
Agreed. It wasn't an awful year but it definitely wasn't a good year and he really needs to improve this season or he could find himself on the outer with our depth up forward.

It could be the fact that one of Brown's legs is half the size of the other.

Black is well behind also from reports.

Could be neither line up in round one considering how Wood is progressing.

Petrie/Waite/Wood is not beyond the realms of reality of the other two are only half fit and haven't proven their fitness and/or form.

Black is well behind also from reports.

Could be neither line up in round one considering how Wood is progressing.

Petrie/Waite/Wood is not beyond the realms of reality of the other two are only half fit and haven't proven their fitness and/or form.

Black has been able to do far more on the track as his injury didnt restrict his ability to run.

Black plays Round 1.

Black has been able to do far more on the track as his injury didnt restrict his ability to run.

Black plays Round 1.

Lets see I guess.

One has the recent runs on the board (Brown), the other more progressed fitness wise and shown high ability in 2013 (Black). Plus Brown is battling Waite and Black probably Wood in terms of role.

As previous I wouldn't be surprised if both miss out due to their setbacks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back