Not a stalker, just a fan: Simmo's interview summaries

Remove this Banner Ad

This being something of a special week, it turns out that Simmo gave us an exclusive press conference this week. Was very good of the man.

[Consider this my Christmas highlights episode]:

- Simmo would like to dedicate last week's victory to ndot, and thank him for all his support.*
- Tom Lamb's hair is looking especially golden and beautiful.*
- I'm extremely disappointed that only one person has liked bombard's Hackdorn meme in another thread. That's gold, Jerry, gold.*
- [Leyton Hewitt voice] F'ING COME ON.*
- Tigers fans are the worst human beings in the history of humanity.*
- I for one am bloody delighted to see bombard remember to stick a * gag in this summary. What a delightfully meta joke.*
- We believe the umpires have bruised their windpipes from blowing the whistle too strenuously. They'll likely miss a week or two as well.*
- We're confident we can come away with the four points so long as the umpires don't have a punt against us at the PubTAB like they did this weekend.*
- Injury management has been going well because the players have been diligent about getting their 45 minutes a day in.*
- Asked which forum member he'd most like to give birth to, he replied: "Ochre. He seems like he wouldn't put up much of a fight at all."*
- Dugg is a very lucky boy for getting this summary.*
- Look, it'll be disappointing for all of us if Selwood does decide to move on - but we're confident of picking up one of Rowan Jones or Tom Swift in the rookie draft and we think they could both plug the gap.*
- Asked re other injuries to come out the game: Well I know bombard and a few of the board members have sustained critical liver damage after that performance - and perhaps even one or two minor concussions - which is unfortunate.*
- McGovern. UNF.*
- One thing I was very deliberate about bringing over from Hawthorn is I like to put a hole in the nearest wall whenever I have a bad day.*
- Asked re McGinnity: Look it was a tough decision to bring him back. Ultimately we were swayed by the outpouring of support for the lad on the WCE Bigfooty page. Those guys are passionately behind him.*
- Speaking of things I don't like, I especially don't care for Ochre's cheap shots in this thread.*
- Asked re Cripps incident: the bloke who cleans up the cage where the club mascot lives is leaving for another job. Silvagni will be looking for a new career soon - and he'll rack up as many DT points picking up s**t as he will on the footy field.*
- Asked re risk's to Yeo's development: We've heard that Dark Sharks has actually built a dungeon specifically for Yeo - so we've had to step up Elliott's personal security to guard against the creepy stalker.*
- Asked re Masten suspension: Look many people don't realise that Chris is actually a direct descendant of Dracula. He's fighting that urge most weeks.*
- Asked re JK injury reports: EAD Hagdorn.*
- Simmo expresses surprise at Karl's numeracy.*
- Going forward, we think he'll only hit up San Churro in Leederville once or twice a week.*
- Asked re finals prospects: I've penciled myself in to do a solo Eagles BF podcast during GF week. That's how confident I am we'll bounce back.*
- We're getting Gov to sit down with Cripps this week. After his run-in with a stingray, he's our expert on how to bounce back from a stinger.*
- Asked re small backline again: We've brought HoneyBadger35 in as a special consultant. He's an expert on playing small.
- Asked re Hawthorn travel: I'm not sure how they're going to get over here. Hodgey was meant to drive the team bus but he's not allowed to now. He's so brave though. So brave.*
- Asked re Masto injury: He's going at about 2 jubilant mastos out of 5 right now, but we're confident he'll be back up to a 4 or 5 jubilant mastos before the end of the finals.*
- [Simmo then proceeds to ask Duck to count to 10, and he gets stuck on the mysterious number between 4 and 6].*
- Bunga then proceeds to ask journalist who thought he was joking to GTFO of the press conference. He throws a chair at her.*
- We're excited about picking up more experience in having our heads slammed into goalposts and receiving strategically deployed corkies from that squadron of good blokes. So brave, so brave.*
- TIME TO HUNT.*
- Asked re Simmo's message to the group after the game: Honestly I think they were more distracted by the fact I wasn't wearing any pants.*
- Asked re the win: Look, we just wanted to win the game by 0.05 points. As it happens, we won by 0.068 points. A nice surprise.*
- Asked re losing Priddis late: As much as it hurt the team, our main concern was ep2006's mental health. We sent the club welfare officer to his place and made sure he didn't have access to prescription drugs for a few hours. He came through well though.*
- Asked re nightclubs: The only way an eagles player will be at a nightclub this weekend is if they gave Harley Bennell a lift there.*
- Asked re Shuey's foot: Well as you know he's illuminati so he's got that mysterious ability to overcome injury quickly.*
- Asked if he was surprised by large NM squad flying: I was surprised they could afford to fly that many blokes actually. Good on 'em.*
- Asked if it had sunk in yet for the fans: I think the fans are happy with how we're doing. I walked past FiveStrings on the way to this presser and his pants were nowhere to be seen.*
178688_bba055ae4a1a58940a050158ce05b46a.gif

Is anyone else tearing up watching Simmo on the Footy Show (first time I've watched it for 8 years)
What a guy :hearts: Love this club

Go Eagles
Damnit I sat thru half an hour of awful shite on that show but didn't realise he was making an appearance.

Dat Varcoe dance tho

Damnit I sat thru half an hour of awful shite on that show but didn't realise he was making an appearance.

Dat Varcoe dance tho
Simmo was great really does our club proud, Juddy wearing an Eagles scarf pretty cool too.
Varcoe :thumbsu:

I'm watching hoping to see Simpson's segment. Just watched the Clarkson segment, was good. Just not sure I can make it through the rest before Simpson...
Hang in there it's worth it..he's not on for long but enjoyable, Juddy too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back