NSW NSW State Election: 25th March 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

There won't be a formal arrangement as such. The crossbench is big enough and amicable enough that Labor shouldn't have much difficulty finding some grouping to back their legislation - they can move between different pairings (or the Greens) dependent on who is most likely to support a given issue.

Greens alone would guarantee confidence if the Libs tried anything.

Their hand might be forced on pokies though, as I think the entire crossbench was closer to the L/NP's stance?
Could lnp propose private members bill to get their pokies policy up?

Didn’t Minns already agree to a trial on pokies cashless card?
Yes but it's as useless as mamaries on a bovine. It's limited to 500 clubs and I hear there's something like 10,000 clubs in NSW. So punters will simply go to a club that isn't trialling the card. I hope the crossbench hold him to something much more stringent.

Yes but it's as useless as mamaries on a bovine. It's limited to 500 clubs and I hear there's something like 10,000 clubs in NSW. So punters will simply go to a club that isn't trialling the card. I hope the crossbench hold him to something much more stringent.
Look like Minns'll have to work with a progressive Upper House too so that might put a bit of a rocket under him.

Could lnp propose private members bill to get their pokies policy up?

I presume so? They'll be looking to prod a minority government anywhere they can. And given they'd need the whole crossbench on the same page to do so, there won't be many other opportunities.

Labor may well buckle to keep some modicum of control on the issue.

No chance. ALP would broker a deal with the Greens to defeat the LNP private member bill, even if that meant the ALP ends up putting forward the exact same policy in their own bill.
well as long as the policy gets up, I wouldn't give a flying tossbag who proposed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the everlasting f*** is Gareth Ward leading in Kiama?!?
NSW Liberal Powerbroker Michael Photios says that Gareth Ward remains a friend of his for the loyalty and support he has provided.

Most of the voters for Gareth would have likely voted for him at the 2019 NSW Election when he was representing the Liberal Party.

Whereas the town of Kiama has a population of approx. 8k
The electorate of Kiama has a population of approx. 55k

Parts of this electorate could be described as NSW's version of Dibley.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 10.35.12 pm.png

After being told by the media that Rudd/Gillard/Rudd was hell on earth for 6 years the public were pushed hard to vote for Abbott. But once they got a glimpse of his onion eating, shirt fronting, Philip knighting character they turned off him like milk in summer sun. The clincher was the 2014 budget which would've taken an axe to pretty much everything Australians hold dear. He tanked in the polls and they knifed him for Turnbull, who just managed to scrape through. However the conservatives would never allow him there long term so he had to go, and then Morrison was appointed the "centrist" (yes he was labelled that at the time) alternative to Dutton, Liberals launch the biggest scare campaign in 2019 and get back in. However once Morrison was exposed as a fraud when given actual tasks to perform he tanked.

Australians aren't very fond of a conservative government if given a full term to look at them. Campbell Newman was the most politically and socially conservative state premier that's existed this century and he lasted one term with a massive landslide against him when up for re-election. Most of the other Liberal premiers who've lasted multiple terms have been moderate by Lib standards (Barnett comes to mind).

Right wing Americans politics don't work in Australia. For these Sky Drongos they'll have to either ban under 30s from voting, get rid of compulsory voting and then aim to disenfranchise mostly left leaning voters, or spark a revival of fundamentalist religion to get their agenda through.

Not disagreeing but Turnbull had a 10 point lead in the polls at one point which he blew with a GST thought bubble and his own party and media white anting him. After that the choice was Dutton or scomo, anyone but J Bishop

And I wrongly assumed Mark Latham was having a shot at Kiama's Gareth Ward!

But no, he was referring to what he would probably nickname a Balmain****** (self-edited)

Latham needs to learn how to sledge without it appearing to be his **** doing the talking.

I reckon that all Latham's gay colleagues in One Nation and on Sky News will be giving him death stares for a while, until he both apologises to Greenwich, Twitter, and Latham announces that he is going to seek treatment and therapy for his Greenwich mean time snap.

With this years daylight saving about to end in NSW, I daresay that no-one can save Mark Latham from himself, apart from possibly Gareth Ward, Hlilsong, Christian Porter or Pauline Hanson.

I heard and saw close up, what appeared to be a small group of highly offensive and likely intoxicated very loud Young One Nationites on a Parramatta to Central train one evening last week, yelling extremely offensive homophobic things to each other at the top of their voices. Would not be surprised if they were arrested when they got off. Possibly inspired by the likes of bad/mad leaders like Mark Latham.

'The 'appalling' Mark Latham tweet directed at a rival who called him a 'disgusting human being' - and it's shocked the political world'

'Mark Latham has deleted a 'vile' tweet he sent a gay MP who had slammed the NSW One Nation leader as a 'disgusting human being'.

Alex Greenwich, the member for Sydney, blasted Latham after 'Christian Lives Matter' and LGBTQI protesters violently clashed outside St Michaels Church in Belfield, in Sydney's south-west, where he was speaking.'

'Mark Latham is a disgusting human being and people who are considering voting for One Nation need to realise they are voting for an extremely hateful and dangerous individual who risks causing a great deal of damage to our state,' Mr Greenwich said at a press conference.

The statement was then posted on Twitter, with Latham responding at 10.13am on Thursday: 'Disgusting? How does that compare with sticking your d*** up a bloke's a*** and covering it with s***?''

Last edited:
makeup of the new nsw senate has likely dealt him out of the conversation .... exploring other ways to get his attention fix

When even Pauline Hanson is disgusted and spitting chips and fish, you know that the perpetrator is in big trouble.

'One Nation leader Pauline Hanson has condemned homophobic comments made by her NSW party leader Mark Latham, describing them as disgusting and demanding he apologise to voters.
In a video message posted to Facebook late on Thursday, a visibly angry Hanson said she had tried to call and text Latham “to no avail”.
“I want you to know that I don’t condone them [the comments] and neither do my members of parliament or party associates,” Hanson told her supporters.
“I think they are disgusting ... and I have clearly sent a text message to him telling him my views and also I’ve asked for him to give the people an apology.'

Good onya Pauline.

"Over to you Mark", to "answer to the people" says your leader.
Pauline's official ON statement on this today below.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back