OD Cup - Match Six, Tasmania vs Victoria @ Allan Border Field

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know what's more disappointing, getting rolled for 150-odd or letting Jonathon "FC average of 20" Wells and Evan "I wish I was at Dan Christian's mediocre level" Gulbis get more than that combined.

Tasmania destroying the Vics. Wells with 110* from 95, Gulbis with 63, in a total of 7/287.

In reply Victoria are 8/121, and Tasmania doesn't have an experienced attack - Rainbird, Fekete, Kingston, Gulbis and Rose.
Screenshot_2014-10-08-15-39-01.png
nice to see clint mckay wasn't troubled by that menacing bowling attack:drunk:

Bit of an ugly team, only 3 Tasmanians. One scored a hundred and the other two took 7 wickets. The faith in Wells starting to pay off. Rainbird starting to build a nice record.

Doolan and Hilfenhaus must already be in Dubai for the tests? What's up with Paine? At the cl they said he had food poisoning?

I don't know what's more disappointing, getting rolled for 150-odd or letting Jonathon "FC average of 20" Wells and Evan "I wish I was at Dan Christian's mediocre level" Gulbis get more than that combined.
I hear you.

I remember how devastated I felt when Ray Bright scored his maiden first-class hundred against us (Tassie).

I've had an absolute dit of a shay.

So it gave me a smile to come home and see Tassie had won, with the much maligned J Wells scoring a ton - helping us recover from 5-75 no less.

Good on him. The kid can bat. Why he has not been successful at f-c level I don't know.

I really like seeing Wells do well :thumbsu:

Has definitely lifted his game in the past couple of years. I'm as skeptical as anyone regarding the over saturation of T20's, but I think it's certainly helped him become a decent player in the other formats.

I hear you.

I remember how devastated I felt when Ray Bright scored his maiden first-class hundred against us (Tassie).
But that would have been before Tas was a full time member of the Shield (until I think it was 1982/83, Tas played half games for double points and only started doing that in the very late 70s) or very early in the piece anyway.
The worst I recall was listening to the radio when Wayne hipps and David Hookes put on what seemed like 1/3500. Tasmania's Shield side really did Bangladesh it up for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But that would have been before Tas was a full time member of the Shield (until I think it was 1982/83, Tas played half games for double points and only started doing that in the very late 70s) or very early in the piece anyway.
The worst I recall was listening to the radio when Wayne hipps and David Hookes put on what seemed like 1/3500. Tasmania's Shield side really did Bangladesh it up for a long time.
Yeah, I checked - it was 80/81 when Bright hit the hundred against us, when we were still in the Shield on a restricted basis.

Didn't make it any less embarrassing though. :D

I remember that partnership well, too. It was in Adelaide. Hookes scored a triple and Phillips a double.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back