Mega Thread Official 2012 Trade period discussion thread - 8th-26th October

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Gysberts, Martin and Morton aren't exactly going to net us A grade recruits. I think what we're doing is trading out the surplus, i.e. players who don't fit into the team structure for those who do. Rodan & Ray at their best would add another dimension to our one-paced midfield, they're experienced at AFL level and are solid citizens. Pedersen is basically a far better version of Stefan Martin. He'll play back up ruck, a foil for Dawes & Clark in the forward line, and can also play key defence. So long as we can upgrade our pick 49 to North's pick 39 in the Gysberts/Pedersen deal i'll be satisfied.
Is that why he can't crack a game for North Melbourne?

Laughable stuff from you guys. Simply laughable. These guys aren't up to it and if they were out of contract we would be happy to delist them and we've been critical, particularly of Morton, for years. Then when we can finally get them off the books we complain. Ridiculous.
Are you honestly saying whoever we could get with pick 88 would be better than Cale Morton? Do we really need ANOTHER tall swingman (when we have Watts, Sellar, Garland and possibly Martin who could all play thatrole already) like Pedo more than we need a classy young mid?

It's not that we don't want to get rid of them, it's that we're licking other clubs' shoes while pulling down our derbs in return for them being taken off our hands

Why are we giving Gysberts away? This is ridiculous.

After the year he had with injury and being regularly in the bests at Casey I can't see why the decision was made.

Was in the bests in 7/14 games and in every finals game with no pre-season and plenty of injuries.

Laughable stuff from you guys. Simply laughable. These guys aren't up to it and if they were out of contract we would be happy to delist them and we've been critical, particularly of Morton, for years. Then when we can finally get them off the books we complain. Ridiculous.

My issue with the Morton one is that we seem to be giving up a lot just to get him out of the club. Why are we helping pay his wages?? In terms of pederson they seem to be asking for a far better deal than they did for McIntosh.

To be fair Gys can't get one for us either.

Are you on some sort of crusade to pick at every bloody thing I say??

I'd say with talls the likes of Goldstein, Grima, Hansen, Petrie, Tarrant, Scott Thompson and Delaney...and considering that McIntosh and Aaron Edwards have also left for more opportunities, North have had some of the best key position depth in the competition. He would've got a run in most sides in all likelihood.

Hopefully these are just rumours. Gysberts for Pederson, Morton for pick 88 and we pay some of his salary? If true, Neeld's lost the plot.

Are you on some sort of crusade to pick at every bloody thing I say??

I'd say with talls the likes of Goldstein, Grima, Hansen, Petrie, Tarrant, Scott Thompson and Delaney...and considering that McIntosh and Aaron Edwards have also left for more opportunities, North have had some of the best key position depth in the competition. He would've got a run in most sides in all likelihood.
Didn't even notice it was you, don't take it so personally.

As long as the pick we recieve from North goes to Ray, I'm not too disappointed. Gysberts was clearly on the outer with Neeld.

Now, let's move on Morton to WCE, whatever it takes! And then delist the likes of Bate and Bennell, and it's been a pretty successful trade period for mine. We all asked for changes! Well, Neeld has at least delivered that! Lets see what the FD can do. With possibly Olly Wines coming to us along with Viney, Ray(potentially), Rodan and Byrnes, we have boosted the midfield depth with young class and mature bodies. Dawes will give our forward line some structure and Pederson gives us back up in the ruck department. Maybe in need of a classy back flanker, but I like what Neeld has done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have sold players for unders & brought players in for overs!
I honestly can't see how the list has been improved.
The net losses vs net gains cancel each other out (if not = net loss)

Just to make sure I haven't had a bad month of dreams:
We have traded in fringe KPP players who are 193cm+
&
We have traded in old washed up short people 175cms tall

Has Neeld forgotten the need for players (midfielders especially) in the 175-192cm range?

I liked what Neeld attempted to implemented this yr but he has gone completely f#%king mad the last week.

The only deal we have won with was Viney as a 2nd rnd pick! The rest have been shithouse over payments!

Neeld is bringing in fringe players hoping to gather wins in 2013 & save his arse.

I'm f#%king disgusted with our trade period!!!!

We have sold players for unders & brought players in for overs!
I honestly can't see how the list has been improved.
The net losses vs net gains cancel each other out (if not = net loss)

Just to make sure I haven't had a bad month of dreams:
We have traded in fringe KPP players who are 193cm+
&
We have traded in old washed up short people 175cms tall

Has Neeld forgotten the need for players (midfielders especially) in the 175-192cm range?

I liked what Neeld attempted to implemented this yr but he has gone completely f#%king mad the last week.

The only deal we have won with was Viney as a 2nd rnd pick! The rest has been shithouse over payments!

Neeld is bringing in fringe players hoping to gather wins in 2013 & save his arse.

I'm f#%king disgusted with our trade period!!!!
Yep, i get the feeling Eddie McGuire has sent Neeld to destroy us for stealing their staff. We sure as s**t haven't improves since he's come onboard

So what some are saying is that the entire Football department including Neil Craig and Mark Neeld who have come from very successful clubs with proven track records in developing and getting the best out of players, have no idea what they are doing, having studied and analysed the current list all year from the inside.

And what we should be doing is judging players based on opinions from a fans forum...
I still remember the WTF?! questions when Gysberts was drafted now we're lunatics for releasing him...
Gotta have your critics I guess!

A mate of mine is good friend's with Pedo. Says he's one of the hardest working footballers around. Has fought tooth and nail for what he has. Neeld getting the right attitude to the club yet again.

I'm off the Neeld bandwagon, he better be able to coach because he along with Harrington are s**t list managers.

Whaaaa???? Our list needed a complete turn over/lobotomy. Thank goodness we have a coach with balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back