AE Official AE15 Launch - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think your strategy is completely flawed if you think what you do counters what everyone else does and gives you your best chance of winning, Ive only been playing 3 weeks now but I've got a strategy and it sure isn't close to as simplistic as this.

I have been playing three weeks and I have absolutely no strategy whatsoever. If it is good enough for the Browns it is good enough for me. :thumbsu:

My stratergy
tip who I think will win
Order in what I think is most likely to occur of those selections
Put 3xko picks on the highest rated HOME team.

Right then - stuck my head out like a cocky bugger in predicting a sweep of all 16 games but only got 13 right. But 127pts is tied for fifth for the week and the rook cherry is popped. Bad luck to Panda who scored a great 123pts, that's gotta hurt. And GeeCats - sensational 136pts clean sweep.

Next week can only be a downer now right ?

He's been quiet since week 1 :p
I've just been having fun tipping who I think will win. I don't restrict myself to theories or favourites. CR is a fools game for me.

Don't think Statsman banters much so I didn't bother for week 3. Don't think Leezor will for week 4.

Don't think Statsman banters much so I didn't bother for week 3.

Just depends on whether I'm here or not, and whether I'm watching live (or live-ish) - often I'm watching on delay so tend to stay away from all NFL news.

dogs-breakfast.gif

Issues with HOT STREAK aka Dogs Breakfast dept

PLAN B : Sven

If JeffDunne can't get the HOT STREAK details up and presented by next week, I'm thinking that we consider scrap it and revert back to LAST CHANCE SALOON (Week 8-10 Qualifying Round, Week 11 Tumbleweed Round)

Thoughts? LIKE if you agree.

Last edited:
Totally disagree. Let jd fix it.
th_crossfingers.gif
We can all still keep making our hot streak selections in the meantime. Can see purselves what our longest streak is.

It's Week 4 coming up… Broken and I have been ready from the get go and 'NOTHING DOING' o_O You know how tough (read: TEDIOUS) it's gonna be to track all the weekly stats down??

That's the beauty of having those 'tried and true comps'.. :p in the back pocket. statsman74 would happy to defend his LCS title.

C'mon JD… Extract those details.. now? (it's evidently clear that 'time' is working against him)

It's not hard to see what your best streak is. Click week 1 ENTER TIPS page, click on hot streak, see how many correct tips in a row. If your streak is still alive, then click week 2 ENTER TIPS page. Once you get one wrong, you start from zero again.

Until jd fixes it, the data is all still there.
Mine is at 34! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dogs-breakfast.gif

Issues with HOT STREAK aka Dogs Breakfast dept

PLAN B : Sven

If JeffDunne can't get the HOT STREAK details up and presented by next week, I'm thinking that we consider scrap it and revert back to LAST CHANCE SALOON (Week 8-10 Qualifying Round, Week 11 Tumbleweed Round)

Thoughts? LIKE if you agree.
I told ya we should of had the weekly spreads Comp run over 4 weeks all season.

Every year people want to try fix something that is not broken and get new comps but everyone forgets how hard it is for JD every year implementing it into the website.

Leave the comps ******* alone for 1 season for once.

It's Week 4 coming up… Broken and I have been ready from the get go and 'NOTHING DOING' o_O You know how tough (read: TEDIOUS) it's gonna be to track all the weekly stats down??

That's the beauty of having those 'tried and true comps'.. :p in the back pocket. statsman74 would happy to defend his LCS title.

C'mon JD… Extract those details.. now? (it's evidently clear that 'time' is working against him)
I admit a bit of frustration being the face of HotStreak and having almost everyone being in the dark about where it stands. Not to mention the longer this takes the longer the initial update will take to do and I'd like people to know what they're chasing sooner than later BUT a few pages back JeffDunne said
There's a few changes I need to make for Hot Streak scoring/scoreboard too.
so, for now, all we can do is wait for an update on that before pulling the trigger. Although if there's a way for others to access that data to make it easier for all concerned I'd be happy to take a look.

Worst case by the sounds of it we have at least until Week 8 whereby we can kick in LCS as a backup. If there is no Hot Streak update by Week 7 it might be a more than valid option to swap over to LCS, unfortunately.

I told ya we should of had the weekly spreads Comp run over 4 weeks all season.

Every year people want to try fix something that is not broken and get new comps but everyone forgets how hard it is for JD every year implementing it into the website.

Leave the comps ******* alone for 1 season for once.
With the exception of adding Temptation, didn't we just have 3-4 years without change?

But yes, we need the spreads comp.

With the exception of adding Temptation, didn't we just have 3-4 years without change?

But yes, we need the spreads comp.

It is just so much for JD to do and add things etc.

I am sure people know about Web design etc on here and to get the AE Website made from scratch by someone we do not know is in excess of $3k+ to set up a direct replica of what JD does for free every year for us. Then at the start of every season people want this comp and i don't like that/ we should do this without even battering an eyelid of the workload that is needed on the AE website.

I only mentioned the Spreads comp cause it is good and keeps people tipping when they are done and dusted in 90% of other comps which we have already had on the AE site so it would not be that hard to set up again as the codes and background layout have been done, where as a brand new comp like this BS Hot Streak is a work in progress and guessing game in its virgin year as to how the site will accept it regarding bugs and issues.

It is just so much for JD to do and add things etc.

I am sure people know about Web design etc on here and to get the AE Website made from scratch by someone we do not know is in excess of $3k+ to set up a direct replica of what JD does for free every year for us. Then at the start of every season people want this comp and i don't like that/ we should do this without even battering an eyelid of the workload that is needed on the AE website.

I only mentioned the Spreads comp cause it is good and keeps people tipping when they are done and dusted in 90% of other comps which we have already had on the AE site so it would not be that hard to set up again as the codes and background layout have been done, where as a brand new comp like this BS Hot Streak is a work in progress and guessing game in its virgin year as to how the site will accept it regarding bugs and issues.
What jd does is a blessing and so much appreciated words cant say thanks.

In saying that, certain things need to be automated on the site. The cr tipping section and cr results. The 3xko tipping section and results. Those are the two base things. All other comps run off those....nd, dze, hrs....And we manually create ladders and spreadsheets for those. What jd has done is already done. The hard yards. Set up several years ago.

Jd doesnt need to do a nd ladder etc.

When we add something new like temptation, or hot streak or survivor, THEN jd has to make a new thing on the site

So....basically, jds work is all done already with cr and 3xko. Nd, dze, hrs, are manually updated. And so its just if we add a new comp or not.

If people vote in temptation, it gets installed into the site, and then woodson and others throw a tanty that the comp isnt exciting, and want some new one like spreads or hot streak....thats when we run into trouble, because jd has to get rid of something that's NOW working after two years, and try to install a new comp, test it, tweak it. Only to then have woodson and others throw a tanty that they dont like it and want a new comp.

In short....just leave hot streak in, let jd fix it, and then just leave it in as a comp, dont kill it in two years and ask for spreads comp instead.

Or...leave hot streak in now, bring back temptation/spreads as well, which jd should already have the old pages saved up to use. And dont add anything else.

In short just leave AE alone and remove feedback options every season for new BS Comps and go with the tried and trusted games that work! ;)

So next season the AE header will read.......

" Welcome to AE we have these comps on offer and it is $50 to play "

Don't like it don't play as it is what it is, so bitching about new comps needing to be added will not be listened to.

Getting everything running 100% is hard but as soon as it is people want comps dropped and lets add this one etc etc..... Mehhhhh

While JD is busy running his own life / family / daily job and then making sure everything is right regarding AE for free for the screaming masses on a forum who have no idea what is involved in setting up the AE website.

When we get a tried system that works we need to stick with it and stuff all these options of new comps and a lets add this and that attitude.

Agreed. Would be great to get the website ticking over with no issues each season. Best way to do that is consolidate the whole competition/site. Less chaos then each season and for JD also.

My CR selections, Hot Streak selections, Survivor selection.....all locked and loaded ;)

Commiserations to my ND opponent too :(

Another boring week for them? Blowout win? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back