List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I think it's just as ludicrous to go through the draft and pencil in names who aren't even at the club like they're going to be best 22 next year.
Yep and it's a ridiculous for people to throw hissy fits based on who we Draft
Given none of them have played a game of AFL before so any one could be anything or nothing

I can remember when we were confident of getting Stephen Michael, Peter Muret, Brad Hardie, Tony McGuiness and the Krakour Bros.

I operate on the rule that unless they have signed on the dotted line, then there is no reason for being confident that they will arrive at the club.

Agreed. But a healthy dose of sourced information, taken with several large grains of salt, does serve to liven up what's become a pretty interminable trade period, IMHO.

Looks like Phil Walsh is Dangers new coach. Fingers crossed there is a personality clash and he spuds it up!

Danger will also be wary that the honeymoon period can be just that. Sando came in, Adelaide were up and about straight away, Danger signed, they missed the Granny by a kick.... But then two years of mediocrity kicked in....

A journo in SA just said he strongly believes that Danger will only stay at Crows or go to Geelong.

Trade radio speaking with Tom Rehn in Adelaide.

Said he'd met with Danger a few times during the year, thinks he will stay at Adelaide but said he will only likely be at one of two clubs. Adelaide or Geelong to be at home closer to his family.

Something like this could benefit all 3 clubs if the Beams deal falls through and Adelaide were willing to trade Dangerfield. Too bad they're not.

Brisbane get Christensen & pick 31 for pick 5
Adelaide get pick 5 & 14 for Dangerfield & pick 31
Geelong get Dangerfield for Christensen and pick 14

Considering that Adelaide said no to picks 2 & 3 for Dangerfield, not sure they will accept picks 5 & 14. They would most likely want a player or 2 in exchange for Dangerfield if he does get traded over the next week.

The only way Dangerfield gets traded is if he demands to be traded. Even then it will be hard if not impossible. Random offers to Adelaide aren't going to do it.
Someone tweet him and tell him we have some cash for him now

This sudden lack of stability, or at least the impression of it, is not going to help our chances going forward. Stability is the key to success and right now its not here.

Not saying it can't be regained but people want to come to successful club and that means wins. Potential does not cut it.

Danger wants to join an upward boat. Losing Tv, Bundy and Domsy may not assist that.

Ripples of this s**t can be felt far wider than just the trade or pick themselves.

GO Catters

It's not that bas Daz, Bundy is the only that has asked to leave - the other two are contracted players who were approached by other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone live in Adelaide?
A few people on the live chat are reporting that since returning from holiday's that Dangerfield has told the Crows he wants a trade back to Vic and apparently being reported on Adelaide's 5AA - be interesting to see if there are legs to the rumour or if it is pure speculation & crap.

But I'm moving to Brussels :( Know anyone there.
My cousin is not far from there, goes there regularly by train.
Bizarre brothels as you come into North Brussels on the train, every (male) body gets up to watch the action from the windows. Strange he wasn't aware of this, maybe only tourists notice such things.
What goes on in Brussels for you?

While I think it's premature to suggest we will get Dangerfield next year one thing that's crystal clear is by the end of the trade period we will be likely to have a lot of cap space.

Varcoe was on about 450k, the offer they had on the table for Christensen would have been quite large. Factor in the likely retirements next year of Enright, Kelly, McIntosh and possible even Lonergan or Rivers or Johnson and we will not be struggling for room. Even with new contracts needed for Hawkins, Motlop and Duncan and Caddy (fortunately a lot of Hawkins deal will be for time he goes on the vets list) I think we will fairly comfortably be able to offer Dangerfield 1 mil or more per season. We'll certainly be putting our best foot forward and having a real crack at getting him.

We'll certainly be putting our best foot forward and having a real crack at getting him.

We will just need some rucks that can ball the ball down to him.

While I think it's premature to suggest we will get Dangerfield next year one thing that's crystal clear is by the end of the trade period we will be likely to have a lot of cap space.

Varcoe was on about 450k, the offer they had on the table for Christensen would have been quite large. Factor in the likely retirements next year of Enright, Kelly, McIntosh and possible even Lonergan or Rivers or Johnson and we will not be struggling for room. Even with new contracts needed for Hawkins, Motlop and Duncan and Caddy (fortunately a lot of Hawkins deal will be for time he goes on the vets list) I think we will fairly comfortably be able to offer Dangerfield 1 mil or more per season. We'll certainly be putting our best foot forward and having a real crack at getting him.
Agreed.
Do you think we'll keep Duncan? I have my doubts.

One of the articles on Bundy during the week mentioned that GC would have trouble accommodating his $400k pay packet while Brisbane have the room. I would assume that is the size of the contract we had on the table for him next year; so potentially freed up $850k so far next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back