List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A win in round 23 and everything is rosy?

Last week you got flogged by the 12th ranked team in your biggest game of the year. And earlier inthe year lost to basket case Melbourne at home.
That Melbourne game we had 27 players to pick from iirc and we had Stanley, Clark, Simpson, McIntosh all unavailable when we were playing against Max Gawn.

Ffs our injuries were bad enough that we picked a very raw Luxford to play.

That is MUCH superior than what the crows list will be. We will have many players in the sweet 25-29 bracket and will challenge for the flag whereas crows will be a middle team.

That IS a friggen good side. We'd definitely rattle some cages with that lot. Hope the planets align and the Footy Gods make it happen:thumbsu:

Attention crows fans (especially those who think we rely on 30+ players):

Crows currently have more players in the 25-29 age bracket than us. That, along with a marshmellow draw and lucky run with injuries are the reasons you are 1.5 games ahead in 2015.

From 2016 onwards, we will have the better team and foundations for a premiership list. WE KNOW what it takes to win a prem and your list doesn't cut it it. We have THE MOST players in the 19-22 age bracket in the AFL, apart from the expansion clubs. Our problem is we have very little in the sweet 25-29 bracket, in fact the lowest in the league. BUT we don't rely on the 30+, who only play cameo roles. It's the biggest myth on Bigfooty.

Our squad in 2017, with the rumoured recruits could look something like this:

Bews. Henderson. Kolo
Guthrie. Taylor. Thurlow
Cockatoo. Danger. Duncan
Motlop. Vardy. Lang
Menzel. Hawkins. Gregson

Stanley. Selwood. Blitz
Caddy. Sselwood. Murdoch. HS/Clark/kersten/walker/r1 pick

That is MUCH superior than what the crows list will be. We will have many players in the sweet 25-29 bracket and will challenge for the flag whereas crows will be a middle team not really going anywhere.

Crows fans thinking their list is better than ours are not looking clearly at the medium to long term and do not understand the composition of our list. We have the BEST recruiter and BEST ceo. A stable club with a great culture. We'll be aight.
Mackie ?

I don't think bringing up a draw against the 13th ranked side, when you needed to win as an example of how good your youth is, was a good idea.

And yes you might have a lot of under 25s, how many are any good though?

Not having the players in the 25-29 bracket will hurt you.

I'm not bitter, we are playing finals and I'm very happy with the balance of our list. I was just trying to put in a bit of perspective.

As for the poster who said lucky we are playing Bulldogs at the G at Ethiad, lucky you played them at home otherwise our wins against the top 8 teams would have been level.

I'm loving your trolling. It's super. The reality is though that this side has eased out a generation of stars. Triple premiership players in fact. Brisbane did it and won spoons. This will be as low as we dip. And then then it's only because we have lost bulk games to injury to several best 22 players. I'd take you through it in detail but you're clearly Either too stupid to realise analytically - or u [mod edited]* can't see past that hurt.

Either way, your salty tears give me serious joy. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
all I can say
Danger is coming to Geelong
It will not be a trade situation
The evidence is there, the banter is just that
We can discuss all the options but they simply are not relevant

Danger may be on his way to Geelong, but unless you know that the AFL are coming up with something other than a single extra pick after our first, then the rest of your post is nothing but wishful thinking. Or based on the simplistic assessment of 'nobody's matched so far'. Or he's going to be offerred a Buddy type deal that we just can't afford to match and be stuck with. But we know that's unlikely at Geelong.

Danger may be on his way to Geelong, but unless you know that the AFL are coming up with something other than a single extra pick after our first, then the rest of your post is nothing but wishful thinking. Or based on the simplistic assessment of 'nobody's matched so far'. Or he's going to be offerred a Buddy type deal that we just can't afford to match and be stuck with. But we know that's unlikely at Geelong.
Simple equation: is compo worth more than what Geelong can trade for? If no, match. If yes, don't match. Every single other thing is irrelevant.

or he was given an 'understanding' prior to his last deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have more money to offer than you.

Bad luck and go back to crying into your pillow.

Simple equation: is compo worth more than what Geelong can trade for? If no, match. If yes, don't match. Every single other thing is irrelevant.

There aren't any other relevant things if he accepts Geelongs offer and it's in the same range for $ and years as ours. Run the risk of him going to the draft and losing pick 10-11 in compo against trying to get more from you guys. I don't think we can get much more TBH. It's counter-productive forcing a player out to get a pick, so I doubt that will happen. I think the best we can hope for is your first and second this year or perhaps both 1st's from this year and next. Is it enough of an upgrade to risk pick 11, probably, but not certainly. Interesting couple of weeks coming up soon.

There aren't any other relevant things if he accepts Geelongs offer and it's in the same range for $ and years as ours. Run the risk of him going to the draft and losing pick 10-11 in compo against trying to get more from you guys. I don't think we can get much more TBH. It's counter-productive forcing a player out to get a pick, so I doubt that will happen. I think the best we can hope for is your first and second this year or perhaps both 1st's from this year and next. Is it enough of an upgrade to risk pick 11, probably, but not certainly. Interesting couple of weeks coming up soon.
It won't be in the same range as you considering we have delisted a few players and have a much bigger war chest to offer Danger a large contract.

Keep thinking you will match... You won't but whatever helps you in the next 7 days.

No you're not. You disagree, so don't hide behind "just curious".

You finished a game and a half ahead of Geelong after a much easier draw and a vastly better run with injuries.

Geelong has had to turn over a Premiership standard list and is doing a marvellous job of it.

And you're simply wrong on Geelong's best players now and going forward. Our B&F this year will be something like:

Blicavs
Guthrie
Motlop
Selwood
Enright
Caddy
Taylor
Murdoch
Lang
Thurlow

So only two players past their peak.

The future is dangerously bright.
snap.

How much do you have and how much do we have? Are you throwing away your much regarded salary cap system. Forcing retirements so Danger can earn $1.2m per year, doesn't sound much like the Geelong I've come to know.
I think the players would be realistic about what is required to bring in someone like Danger.

And I suspect the players would be getting a pay rise anyway, considering we were under the SC this year with more coins freed up with the retirements now.

Enjoy your last 7 days with Danger.

It won't be in the same range as you considering we have delisted a few players and have a much bigger war chest to offer Danger a large contract.

Keep thinking you will match... You won't but whatever helps you in the next 7 days.

How much do you think you'll be offering? I honestly thought you'd be throwing about $800k-$850k over 4-5 years. Where is this talk of $1m+ coming from? I thought your players were still very strong on the pay structure that has been around for a bit and not throwing it out the window for a single player.

How much do you think you'll be offering? I honestly thought you'd be throwing about $800k-$850k over 4-5 years. Where is this talk of $1m+ coming from? I thought your players were still very strong on the pay structure that has been around for a bit and not throwing it out the window for a single player.

What makes you think we are abandoning our pay structure?? We could be just heavily front loading the contract so you can't match...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back