List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Scott Selwood moves to Geelong as free agent

Remove this Banner Ad

Are there? I'd be happy with a ruckman who could win hitouts like Blake now, doesn't mean I think he's great by any stretch.

It seems people just cannot accept a middle ground. It's superstar or s**t to some and no in between.

It's a fine line. Nic Nat started off on fire yesterday and by the end of the game had had a shocker. This included 37 hit outs. I'd prefer us to address our clearance strategy as opposed to going all out to recruit a ruckman.

It's a fine line. Nic Nat started off on fire yesterday and by the end of the game had had a shocker. This included 37 hit outs. I'd prefer us to address our clearance strategy as opposed to going all out to recruit a ruckman.
That's not where they lost the game though Nic Nat is a very good player but he's not a leader (yet anyway) Eagles leaders should have helped compose the team throughout the game. They have a midfield full of excellent clearance players. Yet they couldn't get close yesterday, we have to look at what we have and what would make a difference there. A good ruckman that can play every week would make a big difference to our side and very good ruckman who plays every week could transform our team.
Like you say we still need to address clearance issues and I think it's as much having more quality midfielders to play in the middle as it is the type of midfielders. Adding Selwood and Dangerfield to the group we have who will continue to improve should go a long way to resolving this.
I hope we can find a ruckman that can play consistently be happy for that to be Stanley as he offers a lot around the ground bit can he play every week?

That's not where they lost the game though Nic Nat is a very good player but he's not a leader (yet anyway) Eagles leaders should have helped compose the team throughout the game. They have a midfield full of excellent clearance players. Yet they couldn't get close yesterday, we have to look at what we have and what would make a difference there. A good ruckman that can play every week would make a big difference to our side and very good ruckman who plays every week could transform our team.
Like you say we still need to address clearance issues and I think it's as much having more quality midfielders to play in the middle as it is the type of midfielders. Adding Selwood and Dangerfield to the group we have who will continue to improve should go a long way to resolving this.
I hope we can find a ruckman that can play consistently be happy for that to be Stanley as he offers a lot around the ground bit can he play every week?

No they lost the game everywhere! It will be interesting what we come up with over summer. I'd like to see us either get rid of the press or tweak it a little.

That's the point though, we need improvement everywhere.
Your right we need to bolster every line,great if we can secure Dangerfield but it can't be at any price as he alone won't take us back to the top,ie next years picks in the draft must be retained at the cattery, this years picks look designated and I'm fine with that,we have a tricky couple of year ahead of us what we do in the next couple of week will be crucial to the future.

GHS was apart of those who were injured.

I agree with the bold, but before we finish this up until round 8, how many games do you think he'll play next year injury permitting?
Answered this already. Unless there is a horrendous run of injuries - 5-7 at the very most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Answered this already. Unless there is a horrendous run of injuries - 5-7 at the very most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could possibly be a chance that Gore gets in front of GHS by end of 2016 too I think.

If Gore keeps performing, he won't get a lot of centre bounce midfield time but Gore is also a brilliant user of the ball & quite fast so would still be pretty good on the outside while a GHS will never be an outside player :thumbsu:

Could possibly be a chance that Gore gets in front of GHS by end of 2016 too I think.

If Gore keeps performing, he won't get a lot of centre bounce midfield time but Gore is also a brilliant user of the ball & quite fast so would still be pretty good on the outside while a GHS will never be an outside player :thumbsu:

He also hasn't played a senior game yet. Let's wait and see.

He also hasn't played a senior game yet. Let's wait and see.
"Could possibly be a chance in 2016" I said...
We could say let's wait & see on all the playing list but this forum is about posting what we think we could happen & having discussions about it.
So in saying that, did you see Gore play in the VFL at all this season? Do you think he could crack the seniors & possibly cement a spot in 2016?

"Could possibly be a chance in 2016" I said...
We could say let's wait & see on all the playing list but this forum is about posting what we think we could happen & having discussions about it.
So in saying that, did you see Gore play in the VFL at all this season? Do you think he could crack the seniors & possibly cement a spot in 2016?

Crack the seniors yes. Cementing a senior spot might be more difficult, at least for 2016. I'd be more than happy for him to get games if his VFL form justifies it.

It's not a perception though is it?

We at least come prepared these days.

KYJelly.jpg
no, because we are too soft
we have not won a deal at the time of doing a deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no, because we are too soft
we have not won a deal at the time of doing a deal
Why does it have to be about "winning" why can't we just execute fair trades?

There is weak and there is reasonable.

I think this offseason will go a long way to determining the difference. There is also taking the best available option.

And of course, the perception versus reality clause comes into play here.

The perception of the GFC is one of weakness apparently. But is it really?

Go Catters
daz most deals we have done have favoured the opposition team at the time of doing the deal

deals like prismall look good in later years because of what wells brings to the table or the player traded farts it up

Interesting year ahead for George. As you say getting his hands on it. Well last season was his best but that was only a tick over 3 clearances a game. If he's going to be a permanent fixture in our midfield those numbers need to improve as he sure as hell is not suitable as an outside mid.
I think he was among our better clearance winners last year, NSFB- I seem to remember running some numbers for all of our players.

Just checked total 2014 stats and he was 4th out of all of our players (behind Selwood, Guthrie and Johnson), with game time of only 65%, while the top 3 players all played 83-88% game time.

bundy was not a fair trade
mitch was not a fair trade
Stanley was not a fair trade

so in recently history we have not had even trades
Bundy was out of our control. OOC and picks one club with PSD leverage over us.

Mitch. Disagree. Look who we lost. Still think that was fair.

Stanley slight overs.

In any case is 1 year recent history now is it...

Last edited:
Bundy was out of our control. OOC and picks one club with PSD leverage over us.

Mitch. Disagree. Look who we lost. Still think that was fair.

Stanley slight overs.

In any case is 1 recent history now is it...
seriously a player who struggled to get on the field with known mental issues is not the equal of varcoe
varcoe had a good year for the pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back