Mega Thread Official Trade Week Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about maric + 2nd rounder for gumbleton? I suppose essendon may want more though but IMO its not the worst proposed deal

If our 2nd rounder was a low 20s pick instead of 36 that might not be that silly of a suggestion, even if it was that I'm sure Essendon fans would say no & probably rightly so, but it's not the worst idea. Essendon have publicly stated that Gumbleton is a required player, so doubt it regardless of what we offer

Get ready for bombers to start offering us Dyson or Slattery or other players they already don't want who will really boost the Scorps lineup

I'm hoping the Suns make a play with you guys for Dunn or Bate or both. Everyone knows we are lacking experienced fwds, both mid sized or KPF. These 2 guys would fit the bill beautifully in my opinion roaming across the half forward line. Pick 4 is being saved for a big name recruit or O'Meara, depending on what pans out this week. Our 1st round pick 28 and/or 2nd round pick 32 would be offered I guess?

I'm hoping the Suns make a play with you guys for Dunn or Bate or both. Everyone knows we are lacking experienced fwds, both mid sized or KPF. These 2 guys would fit the bill beautifully in my opinion roaming across the half forward line. Pick 4 is being saved for a big name recruit or O'Meara, depending on what pans out this week. Our 1st round pick 28 and/or 2nd round pick 32 would be offered I guess?

what players would GC be looking to off-load?

Dunn & Bate for picks 28 & 32? Dunn, I mean Done!!

Seriously, I think either would be reasonable 1-2 year pick ups for either GC or GWS, pick 32 would easily get the deal done & you could even offer pick 50 for Bate.

From what I have heard gc are very confident of Getting omeara but it is apparently going to cost them more than just pick 4. Courtesy of a few clubs making big enquiries. Mfc being one.

From what I have heard gc are very confident of Getting omeara but it is apparently going to cost them more than just pick 4. Courtesy of a few clubs making big enquiries. Mfc being one.

A possibility suggested by Wallace on tradesweek radio was we trade pick 4 + a player to GWS for pick #1 of the draft guaranteeing O'Meara. Big call for the club though and who says O'Meara won't get home sick after a cpl years and want to go home to WA, which is the worry for any non-WA club who recruits him.

If we don't get him, I hope you guys do to help make up for Scully.

Anyways, hoping Dunn or Bate head further north than GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warnock's manager claims we are in talks now with some interstate clubs about off loading him... Didnt give anymore detail.

Quoted his manager on SEN as very confident he would be traded to an interstate club.

Warnock going

Matty Warnock going interstate according to his manager, good luck to him because he wasn't in our plans, our backline is pretty set hope he gets what he wants. Hopefully its Adelaide and we get a decent player for him????

Re: Warnock going

I'm not sure what player we would get for him? I'd say a 3rd or 4th round pick at best.

But would we want picks? That would mean we would have to delist more players if we have intentions of using these picks! It might be a case of just getting a low pick for him that we have no intention on using. So basically we just clear a space on our roster by trading him. With $cully and Warnock now gone, we still need to make room for at least 1(maybe 2) more?

Good luck to him. Played some handy games for us, but was never going to be in our best 22 moving forward.

Just a reminder to keep all trade related discussion here.

If you want to talk about an individual player discuss it in their thread on the change rooms board.

Re: Warnock going

I'm not sure what player we would get for him? I'd say a 3rd or 4th round pick at best.

But would we want picks? That would mean we would have to delist more players if we have intentions of using these picks! It might be a case of just getting a low pick for him that we have no intention on using. So basically we just clear a space on our roster by trading him. With $cully and Warnock now gone, we still need to make room for at least 1(maybe 2) more?

Good luck to him. Played some handy games for us, but was never going to be in our best 22 moving forward.
I'd be happy to do Warnock + 3rd round for a 2nd round.

What I've picked up from those Barry Prendergast and Tim Harrington vids is that there are about 4 levels to this draft that are really even: 1-4, 5-9, 10-30, 30+. There is still a bit of quality in that second round, but after that it drops off to speculative picks. I'd be looking to get as many picks as we can into that under 30 band, so our trades should be pick upgrades, rather than new picks.

Contrary to the way Melbourne have played it in years gone by, I believe that Garry Lyon subscribes to the theory that you build your side around 5 or 6 guns - and the rest make up the numbers.

We've already got reasonable depth, so it wouldnt surprise me if he pushes hard for us to trade to secure O'Meara.

That's all well and good, but it is not Garry's decision any more. He came in and did what was needed to be done.

I believe it is now up to Mark Neeld and the direction he wants to take us.

I have a feeling that our biggest involvement during trade week will be assisting other clubs getting a deal done

eg; Three way involving Mitch Clark to Freo, Brad Ebert to Port, Jon Griffin to Port, Jack Gunston to Hawthorn (possibly picking up Lisle here?) etc.

As well as going for O'Meara, obviously.

I'm glad we are already deep in discussions to allow Warnock to move on, deserves a shot at another club and is well out of our plans here. Would love a player in return as we always go for the late picks but that may be all we get.

Liking the look of this trade period though, sounds like there will be far more action than previous years. :thumbsu:

I have a feeling that our biggest involvement during trade week will be assisting other clubs getting a deal done

As well as going for O'Meara, obviously.
I had the same thought, get what we want by help make trades happen.

I also feel we will accept two offers to trade some fringe players & snag our 17yo from GWS. If we could do that it would be a huge win for us draft wise.

For Gazza_11's sake I hope its O'Meara. ;)

Does anyone have any info on this Crouch kid? I keep on hearing a lot about him. Articles written?

I hear he is pretty explosive and has a bit of mongrel about him.

I wouldn't mind a three-way trade involving Gunston, Lisle and Warnock... could be beneficial to all concerned I reckon. We would probably have to include our second round pick or something of the like to Adelaide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back