Operation Depth Ruck

Which one of these should we take as a depth ruck?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we only need one more ruck and one defender. The rest of our list spots can be used for other player types.
I still hope for one more key forward.Hopefully either of Butcher,Shaw or Harvey can contribute something.

I still hope for one more key forward.Hopefully either of Butcher,Shaw or Harvey can contribute something.
Yeah i reckon we have this area covered for this draft with Ryder's addition and the others with another year of development under their belt. I wouldn't totally be against it though if the recruit was AFL ready.

I note that the PAFC website reports that Ben Haren intends to leave the Port Magpies.

Three ruckmen namely Lobbe, Ryder and Redden is obviously not enough. If Ryder is forced to stand down we will only have two genuine ruckmen covering the Power and the Magpies. We need a ruckman in the draft and another as a rookie or in the fifteen man Magpie list. I could even make a case for another three ruckmen across all three groups.

To me Baulderstone somewhere in the mix is a no brainer and if Shaun Mc Kernan isn't picked up I would think seriously about him as a rookie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got an 18 year old ruck from WA who is a couple of years away before looking like getting a game and no one in the rookie draft.
Maybe Redden is expected back sooner rather than later?

Redden is or was cycling his way around Yorke Peninsula and looks fit. I assume he is off to Dubai.
I would say there is no question that we need Redden fit from day1. Ryder still has ASADA hanging over his head and Frampton is a raw kid. We are still close to the edge as far as experienced ruckmen go. Personally I would have made room on the Rookie list for another ruckman but no point in whinging, I will support the decisions made.

Back